Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

View Poll Results: Where is it best to watch at Brands Hatch?
Paddock Hill 4 80.00%
Druids 1 20.00%
Cooper Straight 0 0%
Clearways 0 0%
Brabham Straight 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Oct 2001, 08:51 (Ref:160348)   #1
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch Viewing

Where is the best place to watch motorsport from at Brands Hatch, as i'm off to the FFord Festival next weekend I want to know because i've never visited the track before.

And i'm 99.9% certain the Festival races on the Indy track so it'll be pointless watching from Dingle Dell!

So where on the Indy track is it best to watch FFord's?

You have only 5 days to vote!

Last edited by Invincible; 14 Oct 2001 at 08:53.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 11:26 (Ref:160404)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paddock. It is the best corner on the circuit although there are some good spots at Druids if they let you on the infield. You can get really close up there.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 15:27 (Ref:160482)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
paddock is good. you can see a lot of the track from there.

however, i do like the big banky thing for sitting in your car and avoiding the nasty rain stuff. and the start finish line is good. as is the last corner.

it's all good really. but paddock is such an incredible corner that you can't go wrong....
Old 14 Oct 2001, 15:42 (Ref:160487)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paddock and Druids are great, but Clearways provides plenty of action too. I haven't been to Brands for a couple of years now (worse luck), but I always liked to park on the South Bank and wander everywhere! (Can you still park there?). I haven't been to the Festival for quite a few years but always reckoned it was the best meeting of the year - more overtaking in one race than in an entire F1 season. Have a great time those who are going.

Old 14 Oct 2001, 15:44 (Ref:160489)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry - I guess your "big banky thing" Bella is the South Bank I was referring to!!

Old 15 Oct 2001, 11:17 (Ref:160817)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As someone who goes to Brands at least twice a month, the best place to view from is Paddock Hill Bend. If you don't want to pay to sit in the grandstand, then get there early as the places by the fence go very quickly. Druids Hairpin is also a great place to watch from, you can see them through Paddock Hill then up the hill straight at you before they take the hairpin. If all else fails, try Clark Curve, thats the last right hander before they come back onto the start/finish straight, always good action there and you can see about half the track from there too!

South Bank is great to park the car and walk around, but you dont actually get to see very much from there.

I hope that helps. I'll be there on Sunday recruiting new marshals (hopefully) and should be behind the Paddock Hill Grandstand if you fancy popping in to say hi. I'll polish the red trainers so I will be more easily recognisable from all the other marshals in their orange suits!

Stephen.