Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3934886)   #1926
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Who he?

However, let's wait until next year and see if the SNP try to get the House of Commons agree to let Scotland have yet another referendum (after the once in a lifetime one) on independence. And when permission is denied, whether they try to run one anyway.
Martin from Rollcentre Racing
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Oct 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3934919)   #1927
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Going back to customs documentation, for the first time ever yesterday at Caen passport control I was asked for my CMR note. As said before, this is only a consignment note that proves you have a contract to move the goods, so not a customs doc. No idea what is going on, but as I had gone the trouble to fill in CMRs and could produce them, he was happy......
Old 16 Oct 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3934954)   #1928
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Going back to customs documentation, for the first time ever yesterday at Caen passport control I was asked for my CMR note. As said before, this is only a consignment note that proves you have a contract to move the goods, so not a customs doc. No idea what is going on, but as I had gone the trouble to fill in CMRs and could produce them, he was happy......

I wonder if you were asked because they knew you had filled in the forms?
Old 16 Oct 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3934957)   #1929
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Martin from Rollcentre Racing
Was chatting to him at the Silverstone Classic last year. I told him that he supplied a couple of roll cages to me in years gone by. He asked me if they worked. I was pleased to tell him that I had no idea.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3934959)   #1930
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Was chatting to him at the Silverstone Classic last year. I told him that he supplied a couple of roll cages to me in years gone by. He asked me if they worked. I was pleased to tell him that I had no idea.

He may have been asking if they gave you the extra stiffness you had been seeking. Assuming, not unnaturally, that such would be at least a secondary purpose.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3934960)   #1931
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er no we were joshing.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3934969)   #1932
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
may have been asking if they gave you the extra stiffness you had been seeking
Isn't there a pill for that grant?
Old 16 Oct 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3935006)   #1933
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Little blue job, made in Cork, Ireland and probably subject to UK import duty after 31 October. Enough to give one a 'limp'.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3935008)   #1934
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
Little blue job, made in Cork, Ireland and probably subject to UK import duty after 31 October. Enough to give one a 'limp'.
Also, I believe, made in Sandwich, Kent, so no import duty.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3935019)   #1935
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
There might be Bob.

Obviously when I wrote the comment I was thinking of chassis stiffness but I did wonder if people here might "misconstrue".

The rather mild responses so far are, frankly, a little disappointing in some ways though of course encouraging in others. It is, after all, important to keep up social standards and it seems we have nothing to worry about there.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3935033)   #1936
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
There might be Bob.

Obviously when I wrote the comment I was thinking of chassis stiffness but I did wonder if people here might "misconstrue".

The rather mild responses so far are, frankly, a little disappointing in some ways though of course encouraging in others. It is, after all, important to keep up social standards and it seems we have nothing to worry about there.
Indeed grant, decorum rules it seems, however, I did rather misconstrue your original comment, assuming the a certain individual had shared concerns about matters of a personal nature with your good self.

I can only offer my sincere apologies to both parties, and regret any embarrassment caused.

Mind you revealing that he knew of where 'pills' are available in this country ………...
Old 16 Oct 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3935035)   #1937
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Of course if you have worked at these locations it's not a difficult conundrum to solve.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3935111)   #1938
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Indeed grant, decorum rules it seems, however, I did rather misconstrue your original comment, assuming the a certain individual had shared concerns about matters of a personal nature with your good self.

I can only offer my sincere apologies to both parties, and regret any embarrassment caused.

Mind you revealing that he knew of where 'pills' are available in this country ………...
It's just a case of keeping a stiff upper lip Baub
Old 17 Oct 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3935112)   #1939
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm afraid this topic has become so turgid both on and off this thread that we've had any double entendre enjoyment beaten out of us!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Oct 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3935113)   #1940
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes indeed, some things are difficult to swallow.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3935116)   #1941
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes indeed, some things are difficult to swallow.
…. and can give one a stiff neck.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 07:28 (Ref:3935117)   #1942
bauble
Veteran

England
Enough already!

I wonder if we are going to see a 'deal' that can get through parliament, or if Boris really has found a legal loophole to enable a 'crash out' Brexit?

I do hope so. Two digits raised to the EU, Corbyn, Spider lady, Jo Swindles, SNP, Greens, Hammond, Greif, et al. Gina Muller, and all the moaning remainerrs.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3935152)   #1943
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I may be wrong but I seem to remember running on T forms in the seventies, I think we used T3s which were for Europe and TIR, which was far more secure with approved trailers, if you were one of the hardy souls that ventured into Turkey and the middle east. We also had CMR notes which as you say were a consignment note not a customs document.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3935267)   #1944
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CMR document is more than a consignment note, it's a contract between the consignor and the haulier and if you look at the required fields you'll see that it has to be signed by both parties to be valid. Euro customs used to love fining drivers for it not being completed correctly, easy money. One of the most relevant points of CMR is that it limits the haulier's liability, last time I looked the liability was less than £1500 per tonne or volumetric equivalent (my recall on this is poor but I think 1 tonne = 1.5 cu m). Whatever, the concern here is that if you allow a car to ship using CMR and the car suffers loss or damage then you might be looking at a huge underpayment from the haulier's insurers. I would advise always having your own all risk and marine cover when sending race kit abroad.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3935357)   #1945
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Frustratingly the form isn’t standardised, and although the carrying truck and trailer regn numbers should be shown, on my (RHA) CMR there is no specific box for them, or for the consignor signature. No wonder it was easy money for the customs officials!

Any race car owner that doesn’t have full transit insurance for their pride and joy is asking for trouble, so I always insist....
Old 21 Oct 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3936099)   #1946
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Trying to catch up on the position as of now, while parked somewhere in SW France, and none the wiser.

Is it? Isn’t it? Will it? Won’t it?

Confused of no fixed abode.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3936105)   #1947
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only is there no decision but the persistent interjections by the speaker John Burco is infuriating beyond belief. I've never heard such a more jumped up, pompous ass as the current speaker of the house always clammering for recognition of his own importance .
Old 21 Oct 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3936109)   #1948
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Trying to catch up on the position as of now, while parked somewhere in SW France, and none the wiser.

Is it? Isn’t it? Will it? Won’t it?

Confused of no fixed abode.
Latest Gov plan is to put the various bits of Brexit enabling legislation through the Commons by Thursday, starting tomorrow. To the Lords after that. All sorted by 31st.

Simple! What could possibly go wrong?
Old 21 Oct 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3936114)   #1949
bauble
Veteran

England
If you are 'confused', Mike then you should stand for parliament, and join the other confused lot who are running down the clock and the country, and adding yet another glorious chapter to our world famous democracy.

Having, sadly, seen Hilary Benn on several occasions spouting his poisonous tripe about 'crashing out' with 'no deal', and suggesting that a second referendum should be held where the choice is Boris's lousy deal or 'remain'. Clearly designed to cut out the 'Clean Break' voters (17.4 million of us), and to end up with a Remain vote, which will of course be instantly ratified and rushed through parliament at record speed.

For me Benn personifies a hypocrite, and is only one among so many of our 'ruling class'. I would put him up against a wall ……….

My advice Mike is don't come back to the UK, anywhere must be better at the moment.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 05:02 (Ref:3936170)   #1950
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
My advice Mike is don't come back to the UK, anywhere must be better at the moment.
Well I’ll be on the Algarve on the 31st and it wouldn’t take much persuading for me to stay there!