Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 6 Jan 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1808088)   #51
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sam says that unfortunatley the astra can't play - no TD's in the challenge but it would be quite good in the main class.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1808981)   #52
hometune
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
hometune should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cherry
Name: With all this talk of Novas etc what about CHAVS CHALLENGE ?

Cheers Alan, Watch out for the white one running closer to your a*** in DTRC next year.

Anyone running a nova and wanting advice pm me. Choose a Nova over a Corsa any day. Used one in sprints at NW for many years.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 23:46 (Ref:1809183)   #53
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometune
Cheers Alan, Watch out for the white one running closer to your a*** in DTRC next year.
Hello - How's it going ? Your Nova would be no good for the 1400 challenge ! Have you done much to it over the winter ? How much have I got to do to keep up ? I've got a new lump with Coscast ported head, Omega pistons, steel rods, Jenvey taper throttle bodies and an MBE management system - Cams not chosen yet - will I need to do more ?
(Assuming I get it all screwed together for the start of the season )
Old 8 Jan 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1809798)   #54
hometune
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
hometune should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cherry
(Assuming I get it all screwed together for the start of the season )
Same problem. I'm putting an engine together from the best bits of the last one and some parts of a road rally engine bought from up north.

I have decided on the cam though, I'm going to go long duration this time, even though it's never worked for me in the past. All the guru's seem to say it will work with FI and management so I've raided the bank and gone for MBE as well. Will be happy if it comes out over 140 BHP.

Going to try and save some weight on the chassis as well !!!!
Old 9 Jan 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1810731)   #55
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the draft regs are together and will appear here when approved
Old 10 Jan 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1811062)   #56
Suze
Veteran

England
There is a small article on this in today's Motorsport News, p25.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1813645)   #57
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Full regulations will appear on here soon
Old 17 Feb 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1843731)   #58
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Additional award: a trophy for the best car with a maximum capacity of 1400cc in ‘shopping spec’. The trophy is free to enter and all eligible cars up to 1400cc competing in the relevant class of the sprint will be automatically entered. If sufficient entries are received additional trophies for 2nd and 3rd may be offered. The aim of this award is to encourage newcomers to the sport whilst offering old hands cheap competition.
Definition of shopping spec; near standard specification mass production road cars with few modifications. All major trim items (all seats, door panels, carpets etc) must be maintained. Permitted modifications: non-standard external styling items, larger wheels & tyres, big bore exhaust rear section. Original carburettor(s) or plenum chamber must be maintained. All cars should be in a fully road legal condition with MoT, Tax and insurance limited mileage insurance is not acceptable, fitted with list 1A Tyres. Turbo diesels are not eligible.

full regs found here

http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/re...Regs_Apr07.doc
Old 25 Feb 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1850975)   #59
armchair racer
Racer

England
Suburbia
armchair racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The standard SA class ( standard production under 1400cc) is still well supported in the midlands championships ...curborough run an excellent standard class SA , SB and SC ..same goes for the midlands speed championship and the nottingham sports car club, its quite well supported and very competitive ...in the midlands speed championship ( IIRC) a very quick guy ( chris woods ) came a very close second overall in the championship , running in SA , driving a standard SERIES 1 PUG 106 RALLYE ..
I drive a 100 bhp AX gti 1360 cc in SA ....my theory is this , at Curborough we are 3 seconds or so slower than the modified class , but we have just as much fun and the class is just as , if not more, competative , and my car cost me £550 ... BTW , Last year when it was pouring with rain we ( the runners in SA) were quicker than the modifieds , westfields , etc but only in the wet

Last edited by armchair racer; 25 Feb 2007 at 12:14.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1866784)   #60
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How's the entry list for this coming on??
Old 14 Mar 2007, 22:15 (Ref:1866795)   #61
Suze
Veteran

England
Have attached a list for you, Dan, if you don't mind looking through, may be some other bits of interest - couple of entries missing from there though too (eg Sam and myself).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf webentrylist.pdf (11.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 16 Mar 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1868557)   #62
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it that it's not overly great news for the prospects of the 1400cc challenge then.
Old 16 Mar 2007, 21:41 (Ref:1868569)   #63
Suze
Veteran

England
No - not as many as hoped - there are some promised / possibles but can't bank on those. (Entries close on 24 March).
Old 17 Mar 2007, 10:31 (Ref:1869001)   #64
armchair racer
Racer

England
Suburbia
armchair racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame really , as its an excellent class !!
Old 17 Mar 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1869227)   #65
Suze
Veteran

England
Sam can speak for himself but part of the reason was to see if it worked - shame not been more taking it up.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1879733)   #66
Suze
Veteran

England
There's been a late entry which came in yesterday / today in a 1400 Polo and the entry list has changed quite a bit from the above. Will have my car sorted in time, garages aren't too helpful though

Just incase anyone is free on Sunday, we still need a few more marshals so if interested please drop me a PM with your contact details and will pass it on to our Chief Marshal.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 10:02 (Ref:1881821)   #67
Suze
Veteran

England
Ran yesterday and was won by a first time sprinter called Nigel Mead in his Polo. Have attached a couple of pics of competing cars that I have here
Attached Thumbnails
me and nige.jpg   nige.jpg   suze 2.jpg  

Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1998571)   #68
Suze
Veteran

England
Just a quick note - the 1400 challenge ran again this Sunday just gone when 7oaks ran a sprint at North Weald.

More entries this time - the Micra was double driven, the Polo was out, a Civic, Suzuki Swift etc....Polo won but followed home closely [a few tenths in it] by me in the Micra.

Was good to see more cars out for it and the class itself and 1400 challenge was all very close. Be interesting to see how it goes next season as this time there were more entries, mainly by word of mouth, so hopefully have a few more next year too.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2000784)   #69
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Westysprinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So would a standard, out of the Factory, Westfield 1300cc Megabusa be eligible
Old 31 Aug 2007, 12:06 (Ref:2000799)   #70
Suze
Veteran

England
If you read the regs [which are on the 7oaks website] you would see......in short, 1400 "shopping" cars ie no - polos, micras, corsas, suzuki swifts etc are the idea.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:13 (Ref:2002536)   #71
Dennis.Doyle
Racer

England
Bury, Lancs
Dennis.Doyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westysprinter
So would a standard, out of the Factory, Westfield 1300cc Megabusa be eligible
OK, I know you were taking the mickey, but have Westfield ever produced 2 identical Megabusas?

What I'd like to see is a sub-£500 class, enforceable by at automatic right to buy for that price at the end of the event - apart from the money it would save so much effort & skill in prepping a car.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:16 (Ref:2002540)   #72
Suze
Veteran

England
This is sort of the point Dennis - I'm using my car and bar removing the hub caps, putting on the timing strut, sorting out the tyre pressures on the day etc - the prep work really is minimal!
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2002554)   #73
Dennis.Doyle
Racer

England
Bury, Lancs
Dennis.Doyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope the class takes off - definately the right idea in minimising start-up costs to get first-timers involved with minimal outlay.

& yes, it would be a major dis-incentive if you had to flog your getting-to-work transport at the end of each meeting
Old 11 Oct 2007, 12:20 (Ref:2037674)   #74
TIMELORD
Racer

England
TIMELORD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a superb idea- it must be the cheapest way for a newcomer to start (other than autotests/trials). I hope to buy a new road car in the next year or so, and I can't think of a better use for my current one (a Fiesta 1.25 zetec), presuming it is eligible!

I have a couple of questions, though:
-From a totally bog-standard shopping car, what absolutely has to be done to it for it to comply with MSA regs? What is optional/advisable, but not mandatory?
-A bit of a boring one, but what effect does competing in motor sport have on your life assurance? Does it shoot up ridiculously, and who offers the best deal? Is it cheaper if you only intend to enter a few events a year?

As for a name for the series, I thought about 'Shoprods', but with hindsight I think that "1400 Series" is probably better.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2037676)   #75
Suze
Veteran

England
what has to be done / should be as per blue book and often the organising clubs regs - yellow tape on the earth connection to the battery, hub caps removed etc. As the above has currently run within a roadgoing class you've needed to produce the MOT, tax and insurance - I think I took my V5 but didn't need it.

What could be done - lots, cage, harnesses etc but that takes away the low cost part of it....there is a long list.

Life stuff - pass!! Don't think I have any...