Old 10 Sep 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2008664)   #76
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
Or remove the source of the dirt. The lines haven't changed and the red flag rate was extraordinary. OTOH in terms of getting the track ready this was probably way down the list and possibly not obvious until running started...

Paul
Paul, the debris from Esses....yes Esses, along with virtually all the gravel from Ettores was strewn along the track as far down as startline.

Some officials were trapped at the hill on that Friday night because they stayed on to contact competitors to let them know not to turn up.
Having risen early on Saturday, and starving, they set about assessing the damage.
On Monday, a team was put together who spent all day removing the cr*p from the track, it was a very long and backbreaking day for all of them.
Short of picking the lytag out of the grass piece by piece, there was nothing more that could be done to remove the remaining gravel....!

Contrary to your comment, this was at the top of everyone`s list....and a number of those involved then went home to no water for cooking, cleaning or sanitation, a situation that continued down here for nigh on two weeks.

In short Paul, a lot of people worked damned hard to get Prescott up and running for you guys to come and use, when situations like last weekend occur, that are beyond anyone`s control, can I ask for a little more understanding of the bigger picture...as some have rightly said, we are all volunteers.

Jim
Old 11 Sep 2007, 06:39 (Ref:2009048)   #77
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
The situation wasn't helped when after putting a bike engined single seater into the gravel a nameless driver then proceeded to brake then accelerate hard to clear the gravel out of his car while on his way back down to the paddock, leaving a huge amount of lytag all the way from Orchard to bridge!!!!!!!!

That little stunt cost another five minutes sweeping and put more gravel into the grass for others to kick out when they cut the corner.

The racing line taken by most hasn't changed, but sadly neither has the stupidity of the minority.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 08:18 (Ref:2009121)   #78
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I shall stop posting here, constructive discussion seems impossible.

I made no criticism of either the track preparation or the marshalling.

Paul
Old 11 Sep 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2009159)   #79
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
I think I shall stop posting here, constructive discussion seems impossible.

I made no criticism of either the track preparation or the marshalling.

Paul

I don't think for one instant that you did Paul.

I think that we can all agree that we were all a victim of circumstance's caused by the terrible weather and a minority of drivers of which you were not one.

I'm certain that the powers that be have learned a lesson and improvements will be made.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 12:38 (Ref:2009312)   #80
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's clear unusual circumstances and a number of contributory factors led to a number of difficulties, and one or two nerves have been touched slightly. With that in mind, I'll respectfully close the thread and let it rest.