Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1192353)   #26
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the Oasis tracks rule.

Listern to Oasis or else.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1192354)   #27
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i disagree i think the 90's was pants for music .... well after 96 it was before 96 it wasnt that bad, i loved the 80's, 70's and free love in the 60's. after 96 the music world became a more commerical place and it was all about making green (not plants) paper, rather than the skills you had with an instrument/with lyrics or what ever.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1192358)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The '90s ruled, and thank Oasis for it.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1192361)   #29
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES!

I, as a musician, am sick and tired of seeing talentless pop-girls or boybands getting out there and scoring millions, whilst talented and hard working musicians can only dream of such success. I hate talent shows like Popstars, Idols etc, as it leaves no room for actual music.

I truly admire a song only when i've seen the chords, and have studied the song, and (hopefully) found a complexe song. I hate playing pop songs, as they're often only four chords repeated throughout.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1192363)   #30
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
The '90s ruled, and thank Oasis for it.
not really i didnt like oasis the music doesnt do anything for me, when i listen to bob marley or jimmi hendrix that does something for me they give me a buzz a good feeling, also outside of music i hate how oasis acted, towards the media and to other people.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1192366)   #31
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
But that doesn't stop people liking their music.

Same with Michael Jackson, Elton John, the list goes on.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1192367)   #32
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
urm thats my point ........ you say the 90's ruled i say they sucked (well after 96 certainly did) its called freedom of speech

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 3 Jan 2005 at 19:12.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1192369)   #33
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I just find the '60s and '70s out dated.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1192373)   #34
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
lol let me tell you this you will NEVER hear a guitarist like Jimmi Hendrix, You'll never get a pop band like the beatles. The Who, Led Zepplien great bands that were from those ages and all of them are better than anything oasis can do :P , (sorry just my opinon).
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1192377)   #35
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yeah but Oasis like your music! wrote their own music, and played their own music, unlike the s*** today.

No need to be sorry for your opinon.

Last edited by luke; 3 Jan 2005 at 19:18.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1192378)   #36
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
thats why i respect them just dont like them.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1192465)   #37
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't really take any band seriously if it doesn't write its own music, play its own music, and have one lead singer. Honestly, how can a group call themselves a 'band' if they don't play any instruments, and have a dance routine on stage?!

For Xmas I bought my brother a DVD called 'Deep Purple 1969-1976: A Critical Review'. Bloody amazing. Not an ounce of recorded material. Its all live stuff. Live stuff that sounds considerably better than the studio stuff. Songs they could stretch out to as much as 40 minutes without getting repetitive or boring.

40 minutes of any pop song would drive you to suicide...

Anyway, trying to relate all this to track designing:

I can't really work to music because I like my music loud. To have it load without disturbing my dad who works from home I have to use headphones. And when you try to use your mind and listen to loud music, you can't think straight and in fact I tend to get almost claustrophobic..
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1192473)   #38
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I can't really work to music because I like my music loud. To have it load without disturbing my dad who works from home I have to use headphones. And when you try to use your mind and listen to loud music, you can't think straight and in fact I tend to get almost claustrophobic..
thats intresting how your mind works diffrent to mine, i like my music loud but i find it hard to concentrate without music, so much hell in my GCSE exams
but i do know what you mean alot of people are like that.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1192586)   #39
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Wooshy, what about Eric Clapton?

I either listen to classic rock (Elton John, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Journey, the WHO, etc.) or classical and orchestral music (especially pieces like the Mozart Requiem or Fanfare for the Common Man, and I really like Hans Zimmer's movie music which includes Crimson Tide and Gladiator).
Old 4 Jan 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1192591)   #40
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
your damned straight eric clapton my man ..... if anyone has any sence, or who hasnt done so listen to eric clapton - layla !!! possible one of the best songs made ever. Period. just straying off topic .... i was playing san andreas and heard the best song ever ..... america - horse with no name such a great song, whats your throughts ?

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 4 Jan 2005 at 01:44.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1192859)   #41
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I can't really take any band seriously if it doesn't write its own music, play its own music, and have one lead singer. Honestly, how can a group call themselves a 'band' if they don't play any instruments, and have a dance routine on stage?!
Amen!

I totally agree. But the problem is, nobody stops that trend. For example the Eurovision Song Contest. I think it should not even be optional to have playback/singback. It should be obligatory to play everything live on stage. The it would also be musical talent that won the contest, not dance shows.

And i like to see bands varying their choices of instruments. Alrights, three guitars, a bass and a drummer CAN be nice, but i like people who use more than just those three instruments. Take a band like Yellowcard, i dont really like their music, but i respect them for having a violinist. Thats not something you see every day.

I, as a keyboader, ofcourse like songs with a nice piano in it, but those songs are often pop songs. A band like Evanescence are in the better part of the modern music scene too.

Last edited by the_royksopp; 4 Jan 2005 at 14:12.