Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which Cut-off system would you prefer?
Get of pole position predictions altogether. 1 33.33%
Keep Poll Position Predictions and encourage "Banker" predictions. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jan 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3361771)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Rules For 2014 Predictions Contest

Hi Predictors!

We have a choice to make for this season...

If I get rid of the Pole Time Prediction, We could have entries accepted right up to the scheduled start time of the race.

The best we've been able to do with the software so far, is If you put in a set of "banker" predictions before the start of Quali, then at the start of Quali, your pole prediction will be locked, but you could change your race predictions in between Quali & Race Start.

I am 50/50, I'd be happy to run whichever set up everyone else preferred.

Please vote for your preference.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3361785)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Knowing the grid is very important to predicting the race result.
Also I'm not keen on having to do it tice to maximise my chances.

I actually favour the cut off before practice to mitigate the advantage of those than can go as late as possible. Whatever is easiest and popular though, don't change on my count.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3361891)   #3
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest I am with Adam43 on this , if I have to go twice I just know I will forget or not in time . I am happy to go with the majority though or whatever is easiest for you. Looking forward to it ,cheers B1ackcr0w .
Old 29 Jan 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3361894)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't even remember to enter a serious set once, let alone twice. Plus race weekends often see me otherwise engaged doing racing, or at least attempting to officiate in such matters.

I favour one entry, closed as quali starts. Old school.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3361910)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there any chance of moving the reminder email earlier to the Thursday evening or Friday morning. I don't always check my email on a Saturday morning. And even if I saw it, may not have access to proper keyboard...drop downs are a fiddle on a small phone
Old 30 Jan 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3361964)   #6
Noodoo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
Noodoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say keep it as it is. I'm another that would definitely forget to enter twice!
Old 30 Jan 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3362072)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd go for getting rid of pole predictions, as we know who it is.

Seriously, though, it's another good variable to put into the prediction, but if it allowed race predictions to take you up until just before the race, this would be better.

It would then pay to leave your race prediction as late as possible, though; if someone has any trouble on raceday morning, it'd be better to predict as late as possible, even just before the cars left the grid, but I'd rather get it out of the way on Sunday morning (or before if it's a race in Asia that is broadcast very early on Sunday morning).
Old 30 Jan 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3362138)   #8
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I can't even remember to enter a serious set once, let alone twice. Plus race weekends often see me otherwise engaged doing racing, or at least attempting to officiate in such matters.

I favour one entry, closed as quali starts. Old school.

+ 1 vote for keeping it old school (last year's rules).
Old 30 Jan 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3362176)   #9
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old school for me also.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3362521)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Old school for me too. Do it once before qualification.