Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Aug 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3923076)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Rethink on the GD race- looks like we’re in it after all. That’s as long as the car survives 2 hours at Monza the weekend before......

Entry list to date has been emailed to entrants. 120 cars, some with only one driver, so obviously a provisional list..... Doesn't look like it’s on the website yet, therefore I’ll try and attach from file.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EntryList_RedwaterUK_2019.pdf (229.2 KB, 67 views)
Old 17 Aug 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3923081)   #27
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Rethink on the GD race- looks like we’re in it after all. That’s as long as the car survives 2 hours at Monza the weekend before......

Entry list to date has been emailed to entrants. 120 cars, some with only one driver, so obviously a provisional list..... Doesn't look like it’s on the website yet, therefore I’ll try and attach from file.....
What an incredible grid.

Will be interesting to see how the non regular historic racers will do alongside some of the front runners in Peter Auto events notably the Equipe Europe lot.

You never know, some crazy person might do the 6 hours straight
Old 17 Aug 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3923082)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
You never know, some crazy person might do the 6 hours straight
Not possible Will, as there is a max stint length any driver is allowed to be in the car. 150 minutes followed by 30 minutes before getting back in the car again......

Full regs here..... http://www.redwateruk.com/wp-content..._Rules2019.pdf
Old 17 Aug 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3923084)   #29
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not possible Will, as there is a max stint length any driver is allowed to be in the car. 150 minutes followed by 30 minutes before getting back in the car again......

Full regs here..... http://www.redwateruk.com/wp-content..._Rules2019.pdf
150. Blimy. Hats of to any driver who does that.

Yes I did already know it was not possible. Shame though.

Right what car type is gonna win, let me think

More and more Daytona Cobras starting to pop, not sure what to make of it are none I presume are original.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 17 Aug 2019 at 13:24. Reason: Cobra bit
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3923095)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did anyone spot the Mini Countryman?
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3923099)   #31
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
With a good driver line up. I’d say that car should be in the 3:05 - 3:10 lap times so should be pretty quick too.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3923101)   #32
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Yep. .Certainly makes the grid more varied.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3923104)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The first thing that and every car on the grid needs to do well is a clean run with no unscheduled stops, and maybe some luck at the fuel station!

Good to see Richard Owen and delta in the former’s Galaxie as well.

For most entrants the target is a good class result, and there are some very competitive classes! In GTS11 there are at least 3 cars that have won the class before.....
Old 17 Aug 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3923133)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thuth beknown I will miss the Marcos with Richard Evens this year . That sure is a fast car . Still the best event of the year .
Old 20 Aug 2019, 07:27 (Ref:3923480)   #35
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How did a 1293 cc Mini Countryman get an HTP?
Maybe I'm missing something and the race is now a total free for all.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3923485)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall View Post
How did a 1293 cc Mini Countryman get an HTP?
Maybe I'm missing something and the race is now a total free for all.
Well it's raced at Goody so must be OK?
Old 20 Aug 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3923488)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't there an international 12hrs of Sebring for Mini Countrymen in 1964?
Old 20 Aug 2019, 08:36 (Ref:3923490)   #38
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did anyone spot the two litre MGB on the entry? Of course it could well just be a typo, but would be interesting if not.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3923491)   #39
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Quote:
Not in my copy of Time and Two Seats !!
Old 20 Aug 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3923492)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Did anyone spot the two litre MGB on the entry? Of course it could well just be a typo, but would be interesting if not.
1963? Probably the year- or honest entrant!
Old 20 Aug 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3923493)   #41
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Course its a typo ,should be 2 1/2 litre every schoolboy knows that.
Old 20 Aug 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3923498)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall View Post
Course its a typo ,should be 2 1/2 litre every schoolboy knows that.
You cynic, you.....
Old 20 Aug 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3923529)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah its good to have the 6 hour thread up and running.,
Old 24 Aug 2019, 05:54 (Ref:3923958)   #44
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But Ginetta G4R raced at Sebring at about the same time but they don’t get FIA papers because it wasn’t an FIA event at the time?
Old 24 Aug 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3923969)   #45
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
But Ginetta G4R raced at Sebring at about the same time but they don’t get FIA papers because it wasn’t an FIA event at the time?
IMHO there are several factual errors in the above statement.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3925732)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Received info from Masters, we will be in the Red Paddock. I can't remember if there is power hook up there. I'll also need a hand with my "pop up" awning so if anyone is arriving on Wednesday, I may seek assistance.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3925736)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Received info from Masters, we will be in the Red Paddock. I can't remember if there is power hook up there. I'll also need a hand with my "pop up" awning so if anyone is arriving on Wednesday, I may seek assistance.
All the paddocks have hook up round the perimeters, Peter. Usually a big red 32a socket and 16a ‘commando’. I will be arriving sometime Wednesday, but not sure on timing as will be travelling up from Monza. If I can help I will. Truck will not be in Rouge as need to escape Sunday ASAP. More likely near fuel station or even before the entrance- the tarmac area on the right is now an extra paddock.....

Are they definitely letting us in on arrival? All I’ve had from Masters is about booking F1 garage or motorhomes space..... Edit- It’s on the Roadbook website- access all day Wednesday.....
Old 4 Sep 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3925738)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Mike. So used to pit garages. I only need pier to recharge tool batteries etc. and perhaps a kettle.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3925753)   #49
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Peter I'll be there with the Gray's E-type on Wednesday afternoon, probably in F1 garages. If you need a pair of hands just shout....
Old 4 Sep 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3925755)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hi David,

Ta muchly. See you there.