Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4192105)   #1
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2024 Team Launch Dates & Testing

thought i would get this going...

Williams - February 5 - New York
Kick Sauber - February 5 - London
Aston Martin - February 12 -Silverstone
Ferrari - February 13 - TBD
Red Bull - February 15 - TBD
Mercedes - February 14 - Silverstone
McLaren - February 14 - Silverstone
Alpine - February 7 - TBD
AlphaTauri - TBD - TBD
Haas - TBD - TBD

list is from F1.com but it seems like Mclaren have already dropped a video with their 2024 livery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuFXnoIrUk

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/formu...-championship/

not sure if that means that their feb 14 date will be of their actual 2024 car (minus the aero package that they will use for the winter test/first race of course) or not but this does seem a bit divergent than the usual routine for launches we have seen over the past several years.

lots of black still but overall it looks pretty sharp imo.!
Old 16 Jan 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4192106)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
courtesy of twitter:

Old 17 Jan 2024, 08:54 (Ref:4192151)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Loving the new McLaren look, although it does remind me a little of Arrows early 2000s
Old 17 Jan 2024, 09:15 (Ref:4192157)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Loving the new McLaren look, although it does remind me a little of Arrows early 2000s
Let's hope it runs better, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
With a name like that, is someone trying to kick them when they're down?
Old 17 Jan 2024, 09:25 (Ref:4192159)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Let's hope it runs better, then.

With a name like that, is someone trying to kick them when they're down?
Imagine if HAAS were to join forces with Sauber .... it could then be Kick Sauber('s) HAAS.

Ill get my coat
Old 17 Jan 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4192165)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Imagine if HAAS were to join forces with Sauber .... it could then be Kick Sauber('s) HAAS.

Ill get my coat
It slightly works with Aston too and an American accent.

Williams are really missing a trick if they don't get a certain Black Eyed Peas member to perform at their launch.

My coat is well and truly got.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:48 (Ref:4192197)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
agreed it looks great. removing the blue is a huge improvement.

OKX, a crypto exchange of some sort i believe, also with a much bigger profile on the side pod this year and on the rear wing.

does that make them their title sponsor (as much as those terms still hold meaning anyways) now?

and with the Gulf deal at an end im thinking they dont have any sort of oil & gas sponsor? partner?
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4192199)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:

Ill get my coat

as far as im concerned, that wins the internet for today!
Old 18 Jan 2024, 07:53 (Ref:4192256)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Ill get my coat
Sauber's 'aas has been kicked enough tbh
Old 18 Jan 2024, 10:18 (Ref:4192268)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
All the cars usually look great in the promo rendering pictures etc. Agree that the McLaren looks a little better without the blue. Nice to see a few sponsors on there.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4192322)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Williams - February 5 - New York
Aston Martin - February 12 -Silverstone
Ferrari - February 13 - TBD
Red Bull - February 15 - TBD
Mercedes - February 14 - Silverstone
McLaren - February 14 - Silverstone
Alpine - February 7 - TBD
AlphaTauri - TBD - TBD
Haas - February 11 - Silverstone
Haas update plus some comments from Komatsu.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-car/10566774/

its going to be a busy season with not much time between the first test, the first race, and then 23 more races to follow that. haas to be seen as a good step if teams can get a shakedown (filming/promo day i suppose) done before arriving at the first test.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 16:16 (Ref:4192324)   #12
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why has Williams chosen New York to launch their new car? Surely Silverstone would have made more economic sense!
Old 18 Jan 2024, 16:37 (Ref:4192326)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Why has Williams chosen New York to launch their new car? Surely Silverstone would have made more economic sense!
32 Avenue of the Americas
26th Floor
New York, NY 10013

Old 18 Jan 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4192345)   #14
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
courtesy of twitter:

In terms of looks, there is not a lot of change but what matters more is how the car is going to perform. They have two very good drivers and I think the car should be good enough to get at least a couple of race wins in the upcoming season.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 21:38 (Ref:4192377)   #15
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Sponsor obligation? Puma is a team sponsor and the launch is at the Puma flagship NYC store. I guess the most economic way would have to have have had a launch at all!

Richard
Old 18 Jan 2024, 21:58 (Ref:4192379)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Sponsor obligation? Puma is a team sponsor and the launch is at the Puma flagship NYC store. I guess the most economic way would have to have have had a launch at all!

Richard
It may just be a launch - but it is another step forward for the series in breaking away from being euro-centric.

Williams is American owned, and having a launch in the US shows a willingness to move on from what is convenient in terms of UK/European audiences to a more global approach.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 23:33 (Ref:4192392)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Right! The RB teams had theirs in NYC last year…to add to the above, untapped sponsor markets in America may be what makes the economics of it work?
Old 23 Jan 2024, 08:58 (Ref:4192970)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari launch...

https://www.facebook.com/reel/7555356434499293
Old 23 Jan 2024, 16:02 (Ref:4193041)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

That's awesome, they've got a winner there.
Old 23 Jan 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4193044)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:

is it weird that i want that more than a real F1 car?
Old 23 Jan 2024, 17:47 (Ref:4193072)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not weird at all, I feel the same.....
Old 24 Jan 2024, 12:13 (Ref:4193138)   #22
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There you have it:

VCARB acronym

Visa Cash App RB

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/al...tity/10568655/
Old 24 Jan 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4193202)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
internet article suggests that team CashApp will unveil their car in Las Vegas at the Superbowl.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...bull-f1-b-team
Old 24 Jan 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4193204)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Seriously? 'Team Cash App'? That has to be one of the naffest team names in the history of the sport.....
Old 24 Jan 2024, 22:40 (Ref:4193228)   #25
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seriously? 'Team Cash App'? That has to be one of the naffest team names in the history of the sport.....
The team name is RB - the sponsor is Visa Cash App