Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Feb 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1218707)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ayrton Senna 1:18 Diecasts

I am posting this as a new thread as the old 'The Model Car Thread (merged)' got way out of control and finding anything in there was a nightmare!

Anyway... I am collecting the Ayrton Senna Collection in 1:18 and wanted to know if anyone knew anything of what cars they plan to release in this scale? I have all of the F1 race cars except the 84 Toleman which I have had on order for quite some time. Does anyone have an ETA on the Toleman and/or know if there are plans to release the F1 test cars/FFord/Penske in 1:18?
Old 6 Feb 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1218724)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are releasing the 1983 Brabham testcar this year according to Minichamps official importers. That's all at the minute...
Old 6 Feb 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1218753)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Anyway... I am collecting the Ayrton Senna Collection in 1:18 and wanted to know if anyone knew anything of what cars they plan to release in this scale? I have all of the F1 race cars except the 84 Toleman which I have had on order for quite some time.

Now I only order cars once they've arrived, didn't the first two Lotus' take years to be made?

BTW the Penske, will be a must have.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1218801)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess Damon's our "inside man" on this Craig - does he still work for..... wherever it was.......
Old 6 Feb 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1218877)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that, TL, I presume if they're releasing that one they'll eventually get round to releasing the others too.

Ayse, it was TSF1 that I ordered from way back when. And, no, I don't think Damon works there any longer?
Old 6 Feb 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1218878)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for that, TL, I presume if they're releasing that one they'll eventually get round to releasing the others too.

Ayse, it was TSF1 that I ordered from way back when. And, no, I don't think Damon works there any longer?
Yeah, he said he had a differrent job I think, a shame because he had inside information.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1218897)   #7
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No longer a TSF1 bod I'm afraid. However, I do know that the Brabham and Toleman are due to land "2nd Quarter 2005". I'd therefore assume Christmas then you won't get dissapointed!
Old 6 Feb 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1218909)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Wow! Think I will call TSF1 and cancel tomorrow!!
Old 12 Feb 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1223901)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Anyway... I am collecting the Ayrton Senna Collection in 1:18 and wanted to know if anyone knew anything of what cars they plan to release in this scale? I have all of the F1 race cars except the 84 Toleman which I have had on order for quite some time. Does anyone have an ETA on the Toleman and/or know if there are plans to release the F1 test cars/FFord/Penske in 1:18?
Craig! - From what I've looked into the '84 Toelman should be in between now and, I would think spring.

And that Penske well be a must have.

Last edited by luke; 12 Feb 2005 at 20:20.
Old 8 Jul 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1651067)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well, well, well... we don't seem to be any closer to release of the next batch of cars in the Senna Collection! Anyone have any up to date news? I am hearing rumours that the Toleman may be about to ship, but that was the word 18 months ago, so...
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1651479)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No real news on the 1/18 side of things. The Toleman is due soon, but that means any time before christmas.

Bear in mind the 1/12 Lotus was due to ship out early 2005 up until the last minute and then it was delayed.....and it hasn't been seen since!

Lot's of 1/43 cars being released: his first true McLaren car in late 1987, a load of pointless race McLarens, his first ever F1 test car (McLaren again!).

Milking it aren't they?

Oh has anyone heard any news on the Brabham 1/18?
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1651492)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I am told that the Toleman HAS shipped! But no news on the Brabham just yet.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1656486)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Toleman is here then....it's on the www.minichamps.de home page now.

Looks great.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1656693)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh no, that looks like more money I'll have to spend!

Wonder if I can wait til Christmas and put it on my Christmas list! hehe
Old 15 Jul 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1656844)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
This guy is worse than me! He must be mad paying Minichamps that amount of money, but good on him I guess!
Old 11 Jun 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1934433)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Knowlesy tipped me off last night that some new 1/18s are on their way. I have looked into this and believe the following are coming later this year:

1983 Ralt F3 RT3 (British F3)
1983 Ralt F3 RT3 (Macau)
1984 Toleman TG184 (Portugal colours)
1985 RS500 Rally car

They're also releasing a special Toleman test car in 1/43 so I expect this, along with the Brabham and Penske test cars to follow in 1/18 at some point.

And to think I was considering selling my Senna collection off as it had become a little stale!
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1946704)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Don't know if you gotta copy of the latest Diecast Legends catalogue Craig, but the cars you mentioned are available for pre-order in 1:43 and 1:18.

They have just taken delievery of the Toleman-Hart test car in 1:43 (£24.99)

And they have a 1:12 1985 Lotus 97T (Senna's first win) at £149.99
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1947447)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Thanks for the tip, Mr V, but I don't order from GPL as a matter of principal. The fact that they are taking advance orders isn't really indicative of whether or not they are actually close to being released. I will comment no further on that though!
Old 8 Jul 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1957850)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I am now told to expect the 1:18 version of the Brabham test car as well (Minichamps P831899)

I am thinking that there's gonna be a lot of test cars coming out... so to keep costs down I'm gonna stick to the cars he actually race in 1:18 and the test cars I may pick up in 1:43 to supplement the collection.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1957858)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Brabham is a looker though. It must be due quite soon too, because it was announced the back end of 2005?
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1963848)   #21
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
surrealillusion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Bear in mind the 1/12 Lotus was due to ship out early 2005 up until the last minute and then it was delayed.....and it hasn't been seen since!
Really?

I've had that model for a while now. Rain tyres, opening engine cover, limited numbers too apparently. Cant remember how many though, less than 10,000 i believe.

Surreal Illusions Motorsport Photography
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1963857)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Kieran has the 1/12 Lotie and well I don't like it. I'm not saying it's not good just not what I personally like. It looks like a toy to me. I nearly have every 1:18 Senna car...

Last edited by luke; 15 Jul 2007 at 20:46.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1964959)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealillusion
Really?

I've had that model for a while now. Rain tyres, opening engine cover, limited numbers too apparently. Cant remember how many though, less than 10,000 i believe.
I posted that in 2006.

Yes, it has been released. All it is missing is tobacco decals like on the 1/18 version (which I have).

Great model.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1965183)   #24
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
surrealillusion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh..didn't see the time or date you posted the original post

I guess this forum doesn't get used all that often?

Surreal Illusions Motorsport Photography
Old 17 Jul 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1965861)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, it's more this thread really. But this is certainly a quiter area of the forum, a break from the shark riddled cesspits of Formula 1 forum etc...