Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1864910)   #51
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
I would really have wished Aston-Martin would go to Endurance in LMP1 rather than in F1 !!!
I think that AMR will probably stay right where they are in the GT's!
Let us just hope that they step back up to a full GT-1 program!

L.P.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1865005)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't those two sources both say Aston Martin isn't going into F1? Am I missing something?

The F1 thread,for those interested, is here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=94474&page=2
Old 12 Mar 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1865038)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Prodrive could quite easily continue with the GT1/GT3 program, and who knows, in time brand a Prodrive built LMP1 as an Aston Martin.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1865125)   #54
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Don't those two sources both say Aston Martin isn't going into F1? Am I missing something?

The F1 thread,for those interested, is here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=94474&page=2
No they do not!
The first one states it quite clearly.
The second says that there is no validity to the rumor at this point but does not state that AM will not enter F-1. There is a difference.

L.P.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1865129)   #55
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I congratulate Prodrive and Aston Martin. This will no doubt give us some very good and beautifull cars!

Old 12 Mar 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1865138)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
No they do not!
The first one states it quite clearly.
The second says that there is no validity to the rumor at this point but does not state that AM will not enter F-1. There is a difference.
Phew, I thought you where saying it was almost night and day between them.

However what is clear is that at this stage is that Aston aren't going to F1. And further Aston are to stay in Sportscar. As otehrs have said this naturally means GT racing. Which I think they have fitted into fairly well recently and have the products to match. Overall wins at Le Mans seem to be more the playground of the big manufacturers recently. Which, and perhaps this is a topic for another thread, may be a shame.

Still Aston look to be in safe hands and so does the racing.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1865151)   #57
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

However what is clear is that at this stage is that Aston aren't going to F1. And further Aston are to stay in Sportscar. As otehrs have said this naturally means GT racing. Which I think they have fitted into fairly well recently and have the products to match. Overall wins at Le Mans seem to be more the playground of the big manufacturers recently. Which, and perhaps this is a topic for another thread, may be a shame.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear!
I did not mean to imply that AM was going F-1 racing, only that they had not closed that door!
I agree with your take on the current Aston stance and stated myself that GT was a good place for them to be. And hope that they pick up their GT-1 participation!

L.P.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 00:31 (Ref:1865236)   #58
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Prodrive/Aston don't neccessarily have to compete as a factory team for the overall win, they could sell customer chassis as Lola or Courage would, only branded as Aston Martins, which you would assume, would help sales along.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 11:08 (Ref:1865488)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Prodrive/Aston don't neccessarily have to compete as a factory team for the overall win, they could sell customer chassis as Lola or Courage would, only branded as Aston Martins, which you would assume, would help sales along.
Which would be very interesting. It would also be unusual (nowadays) for a manufacturer to put their name to customer cars only. Also Prodrive, while they have been involved in many areas of motorsport and sold many customer cars it hasn't really been in a Lola-esque manner. No reason why they can't, but it would be a very new venture and they haven't said anything that hints they will go this route.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1865570)   #60
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm wonder if you could combine this with the Lola manufacturer tie up and come up with a works LMP-1 assault from Aston ?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1865745)   #61
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Hmmm wonder if you could combine this with the Lola manufacturer tie up and come up with a works LMP-1 assault from Aston ?
With John Surtees?