Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3438407)   #1
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Popularity Working Group

Headed by Flavio.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.p...-f1-popularity

Ha.
Ha ha.
Haaaa ha ha ha.

*headdesk*
Old 26 Jul 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3438414)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I thought that was hilarious as well....
Old 26 Jul 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3438432)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably more double points finishes and spsrky cars then.

The amount of money FOM charges race promotors and hense the fans has nothing to do with it I assume..........
Old 26 Jul 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3438458)   #4
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just being pedantic, but FOM don't charge race promoters anything! Formula One World Championship Limited charge the hosting fees and take all FOM then get paid to produce the live feed, transport the teams etc....

Anyway, back to the thread.... Hahahahahahahahahha. Pointless and reactionary BS from the poisoned undertall one!! And inviting briatore to be part of it....
Old 26 Jul 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3438462)   #5
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dieter Zetsche want F1 to have somebody in charge of markrting F1 rather than Bernie doing everything. He wants digital marketing to be a part of it. At least there are people involved in F1 that seem to think digital media can be used as a marketing tool not like its boss.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28597.html
Old 26 Jul 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3438508)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He might just be the person for the job, as much as my initial reaction was to scoff at the idea....
Old 26 Jul 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3438516)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!Tourer has a real shot at the championship!
So not headed by Flav but he'll be involved somehow. I reckon that's a good move - he always looked at the sport with a fresh set of eyes and from a marketing perspective.

He's not the person to run a racing team but in terms of how the sport shows itself to the world, he'd have some pretty radical ideas most likely.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3438557)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Headed by Flavio.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.p...-f1-popularity

Ha.
Ha ha.
Haaaa ha ha ha.

*headdesk*
"A couple of guys will sit together [to work out what to do], because it's difficult to do when you invite everybody and come up with priorities and solutions," said Wolff.
"We'll probably get you guys involved to avoid the situation last time when you found our ideas really s***! So that's the procedure."

Oh well, Toto has got the message!

Don't expect the ideas to be any good though!

Get the wings off, lose KERS, use racing tyres, and go at it, FF on steroids would be hugely popular!

"But by spreading negativity around we distract people from being passionate and watching us, and actually we stop people who could be potentially interested to watch because we are negative.

The reason people are negative about your ideas mate, are they as described by Toto and have nothing to do with improving the racing!

The premier league should award double points for the last round, "it would improve the show."

Last edited by wnut; 27 Jul 2014 at 02:39.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3438629)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get rid of DRS, bring gravel traps back, make the cars wide again, widen the rear tyres by X amount, half the ticket prices.

There you go Flavio, i've just saved you all that work, you can go back to laying about on your yacht now.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3438634)   #10
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flavio? Popularity group? Fantastic!
We will see lots of half naked models on the grid and around the pits. That will definitely raise F1's popularity!!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3438638)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flavio has had some good ideas in the past. A dreadful man, but a bright man.

The concept of a popularity working group fills me with dread though. Pretty much a death sentence to F1.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3438640)   #12
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
A Popularity Working Group... You can just smell the passion, can't you?

I wonder if there is a Working Group Working Group to oversee all the Working Groups.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3438643)   #13
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't bringing in a man who was responsible for fixing a race to improve popularity not a potentially counter-intuitive move?

I can't help but think reverse grid races might be on the cards
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3438647)   #14
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think Flavio's a clown (that's the most polite word I could think of with that initial letter).
This is further indication that F1 is becoming less of a technically challenging sport and more like WWF.
I suppose I'll have to console my self with the fact that at least I've been able to enjoy a lot of it since I started watching in the early 60's.
(At my age I was beginning to think it about time that I got another hobby anyway).
Old 27 Jul 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3438657)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I can't believe that I'm seeing a sport I've loved is becoming unwatchable. This new group won't achieve anything unless they ask the fans. And please Flav, no more thong pictures!