Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 24 May 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4053154)   #1
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max Mosley

Max Mosley has passed away at the age of 81.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fo...ed-81/6514921/

May he rest in peace.
Old 24 May 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4053201)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
While there’s no doubt he created plenty of controversy, there’s no doubt he tried to do his best for the sport’s interest, even if I didn’t always agree with his methods and decisions and he did a lot for safety too. May he RIP
Old 30 May 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4053837)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many years ago I was at Silverstone for a club meeting during which they were celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Clubman's Series, amongst those attending was Max who started his career in Clubmans. He was happy to do an interview for the local radio station, this was on the day of the Canadian Grand Prix, where he would normally have been there as President of FIA. I always admired Max for honouring his roots, over being a big noise at a Grand Prix.
Such a shame that a career should be sullied by a filthy rag.
Old 30 May 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4053873)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Such a shame that a career should be sullied by a filthy rag.

I would say that he sullied his own reputation with his taste in personal entertainment. One cannot blame the media for reporting it when one takes into consideration the alleged subject matter, especially when one considers who his father was.
Old 30 May 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4053984)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would say that he sullied his own reputation with his taste in personal entertainment. One cannot blame the media for reporting it when one takes into consideration the alleged subject matter, especially when one considers who his father was.
Mike,, Moseley took the newspaper to court, and won his case as they had fabricated much of the material they published, it was established that the Nazi aspects were completely false, and as he said at the time, his personal life was no business of anyone but himself, and as a result of this the Privacy Laws were changed. I doubt if many of us would like details of our private life spread over the gutter press. as especially if much of it was lies. Sadly, while his choice of pastime might not be particularly savoury it was a private matter between consulting adults, his career was destroyed, and his reputation unfairly sullied, as evident from your post.

Apart from my original post I have no brief for Max Mosely, but have an abiding dislike of any media outlet abusing it's power.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4054809)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May, I just very gently remind my friends on here that this is a Tribute forum (see my pinned up post at the head of this forum).

I don't think that whatever your view of Mosley is, there is no doubt he applied that huge intelligence to the benefit of motorsport, and its safety as well as applying himself to road safety.

Last edited by John Turner; 6 Jun 2021 at 09:16. Reason: Spelling correction!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 7 Jun 2021, 05:12 (Ref:4055048)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
May, I just very gently remind my friends on here that this is a Tribute forum (see my pinned up post at the head of this forum).

I don't think that whatever your view of Mosley is, there is no doubt he applied that huge intelligence to the benefit of motorsport, and its safety as well as applying himself to road safety.
Well said John.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4055053)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

Agreed. Whatever you may think of Max, you can't deny he had F1's best interests at heart, even if I didn't always agree with the methods or the solutions