Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Mar 2021, 06:43 (Ref:4040397)   #501
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
He's the kinda guy ya want promoting your business right !

What a very very immature statement.

My thoughts of the EX Penrite racing team are now diminishing.
I feel sorry for Betty and feel sad her enthusiasm and passion has left her with the team she has now, not through her own fault.

I would love to see Erebus fortunes improve, but not for any reson other than Betty, who has been a breath of fresh air amongst the Danes and Edwards of this world.,
Old 14 Mar 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4040446)   #502
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I feel sorry for Betty and feel sad her enthusiasm and passion has left her with the team she has now, not through her own fault.
Yet she started with Stone Brothers Racing -- a championship winning Queensland team, with many sponsors, including Irwin Tools, SP Tools, Lucky7, Fuchs, and a complete Ford Falcon FG COTF prototype?

All that had to be done was build two more Falcons, put the various stickers on and go racing up the front with van Gisbergen or Engel, plus Slade and Holdsworth...

Yet now Matt Stone Racing is effectively the continuation of the Queensland team and Erebus is an unrelated team in Melbourne. It's all very odd!
Old 15 Mar 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4040504)   #503
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can you explain whose fault it is then? I am of the understanding that Betty owns the team, does the hiring, and generally has things done to her satisfaction. Not sure who else could be blamed for taking a front-running championship team and moving it straight to the other end of the grid the very next season, and never really recovering from it.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4040555)   #504
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Can you explain whose fault it is then? I am of the understanding that Betty owns the team, does the hiring, and generally has things done to her satisfaction. Not sure who else could be blamed for taking a front-running championship team and moving it straight to the other end of the grid the very next season, and never really recovering from it.
I thought CEO Barry Ryan now had a minority shareholding in the team, and it seems he is the one at the centre of the exodus of key personnel. He seems to be the one doing the day to day running of the team and his management style seems at best abrasive and of a 'his way or the highway' nature. Happy to be corrected but in my opinion Ryan has been largely at fault / the reason for the loss of key personnel and with it, their title sponsorship.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4040737)   #505
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought CEO Barry Ryan now had a minority shareholding in the team, and it seems he is the one at the centre of the exodus of key personnel. He seems to be the one doing the day to day running of the team and his management style seems at best abrasive and of a 'his way or the highway' nature. Happy to be corrected but in my opinion Ryan has been largely at fault / the reason for the loss of key personnel and with it, their title sponsorship.
Quite true of the last 2 years, but prior to that they have lost what were multiple long term big sponsors, and before Barry came along and bought into the team, Betty was steering the ship solo. So while I agree with you whole heartedly about the state the team finds themselves in since Barry arrived, there was a much longer period of downturn prior to that which can't be blamed on him.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:27 (Ref:4040775)   #506
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a shame what has happened to the team since he took over, but yes they were in worse shape before he took over. He certainly bought in the money that was absolutely necessary. At least they now have the money to keep the team going, even if they have lost a lot of personnel. But he needs to find a way to keep enough people in the team, otherwise there is no point
Old 16 Mar 2021, 21:19 (Ref:4040902)   #507
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Barry was a polarising figure on the TV series. I really liked his passion and raw honesty in the heat of the moment, and how he calmed down so quickly afterwards.

Last year though, would've been a challenge for many - I know it would've been for me - as everyone lived under "one roof" for months on end, without any real "Barry breaks".

I had a flatmate like that once. It got to a point that I either had to move out, or I was going to be growing giant-sized potatoes in the vege garden.
Old 1 Apr 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4044175)   #508
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Neil Crompton & Michael Andretti wildcard entry for the 1000 this year!

er herm...
Old 1 Apr 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4044184)   #509
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Neil Crompton & Michael Andretti wildcard entry for the 1000 this year!

er herm...
I was expecting a Tony Quinn and Roland Dane T888 wildcard entry tbh, especially given Tony's new major shareholding ofT888 and Roland recently confessing a wish to do more of his own motorsport.

I think T888 came to the 1/4 party by announcing Whincup and Dane were going to swap roles next year... JW as principal (as we already knew) and RD driving the #88
Old 14 Apr 2021, 03:33 (Ref:4045916)   #510
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport.com are reporting an Engine tweak for the Holden teams this year, but Supercars say there is NO increase in engine Power. We will see.
one hellava life
Old 14 Apr 2021, 06:54 (Ref:4045920)   #511
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone explain the difference between a Monster Energy drink can and a Monster Energy liveried car? Or a Monster Energy race suit? Or a Monster Energy hat?
Old 14 Apr 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4045921)   #512
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Can anyone explain the difference between a Monster Energy drink can and a Monster Energy liveried car? Or a Monster Energy race suit? Or a Monster Energy hat?
Beyond the fact that they're different objects with the same branding?
Old 14 Apr 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4045926)   #513
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't seem to be much excitement about his weekends activities at Symmons ? Support categories seem very ordinary, what are Super Trucks ?
Old 14 Apr 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4045948)   #514
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SST

The things CAMS previously banned.
Old 14 Apr 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4045975)   #515
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The first item is the receptacle in which the product is distributed - and is branded for identification and promotional purposes.

The rest are used for purposes other than distribution of the product, but branded for promotional reasons?
Old 15 Apr 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4046126)   #516
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The first item is the receptacle in which the product is distributed - and is branded for identification and promotional purposes.

The rest are used for purposes other than distribution of the product, but branded for promotional reasons?
Very succinct and 100% spot on although I don't understand the reason for asking the question in the first place, it's not April 1st again is it?
Old 15 Apr 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4046138)   #517
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Very succinct and 100% spot on although I don't understand the reason for asking the question in the first place, it's not April 1st again is it?
Recent regulation change - example given was Cam can no longer hold a Monster Energy drink can at the podium or the pole-sitter’s post-session television interview.

Speedcafe mentions Red Bull sponsoring the series as a potential conflict (you're not allowed to hold a Red Bull can either).
Old 15 Apr 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4046143)   #518
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Recent regulation change - example given was Cam can no longer hold a Monster Energy drink can at the podium or the pole-sitter’s post-session television interview.

Speedcafe mentions Red Bull sponsoring the series as a potential conflict (you're not allowed to hold a Red Bull can either).
To me - that sounds like they are prohibiting product placement. So sponsorship of an item of racing equipment is permitted, but not the placement of a product.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4046153)   #519
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Cam has never been permitted to hold a Monster Energy drink can at the podium or at media conferences - the rule preventing that was there long before he commenced racing in the series. What they have done is expand the times it can't be done to add times like pole presentations and interviews after the race next to cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
To me - that sounds like they are prohibiting product placement. So sponsorship of an item of racing equipment is permitted, but not the placement of a product.
Yes, that's what it is. The rule has been in place for a very long time, nearly 20 years I'd say but was specific about applying to podium and media conferences. They've now expanded it to cover more instances of camera time with drivers.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 03:23 (Ref:4046169)   #520
tobyobi
Rookie

Quote:
Speedcafe mentions Red Bull sponsoring the series as a potential conflict
I think this is the most surprising part of the story. Red Bull certainly don't seem to be getting a lot of return for sponsoring Supercars directly?
Old 17 Apr 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4046382)   #521
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
I think this is the most surprising part of the story. Red Bull certainly don't seem to be getting a lot of return for sponsoring Supercars directly?
Other than the placement in corporate facilities and pourage rights providing product sales rather than commercial advertising?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Apr 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4046674)   #522
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They certainly get something out of the hospitality and I'm sure they are getting plenty of good money and exposure out of the series with their brand
Old 19 Apr 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4046816)   #523
tobyobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Other than the placement in corporate facilities and pourage rights providing product sales rather than commercial advertising?
Well, that makes sense. As a punter on the couch, too far from most racetracks to be there on the weekends, I wouldn't have picked Red Bull as a series sponsor.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 06:30 (Ref:4046834)   #524
teamnewmie
Rookie

teamnewmie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't see the Ingall codrive coming
https://autoaction.com.au/2021/04/20...ir-at-bathurst
Old 20 Apr 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4046908)   #525
S griffin
Veteran

I wonder how they were able to persuade him. Maybe he's hungry for a comeback or just felt it would be nice to have another run around