Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jul 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2933415)   #26
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Competitors / Officials Passes etc

In case anyone is waiting for tickets, I've just noticed the below on the HSCC wesite:

Due to a printing problem, passes for the Croft Nostalgia Weekend are not being delivered to the HSCC offices until Friday 29th July. These will be despatched immediately to all UK competitors and officials. Our continental competitors will receive via e-mail a letter giving them access to the circuit where passes will be available for collection at Race Admin from 4.00pm on Friday 5th August. If you are coming from the continent and have not received your access letter by close of business on 29th July. Please e-mail the office and we will attach your letter as a reply.

Final Instructions, Entry List and a Timetable are available to download now from the Calendar page of this website. Also note that on Saturday evening the Circuit have arranged a pie and peas evening, the event will include live music from the 40s and 50s and recorded music of the 60s and 70s. Admission is £5.00 per head, and the circuit will need to know numbers by Wednesday 3rd August. If you would like to attend please ring Croft on 01325 721815 or e-mail sylvia@croftcircuit.co.uk
Old 30 Jul 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2933448)   #27
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine arrived today.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2933830)   #28
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

One might be slightly concerned, nostalgia element considered, about the ingredients for a Lanchashire Hot Pot but I'm sure it will be lovely.

When I was at college in New York in the late '60s Timothy Leary lived at the end of the college drive. Based on these little morsels of nostalgia should I be worried by a dish, which based on Iain's spelling, contains both HASH and POT in the one culinary creation?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2933835)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
When I was at college in New York in the late '60s Timothy Leary lived at the end of the college drive. Based on these little morsels of nostalgia should I be worried by a dish, which based on Iain's spelling, contains both HASH and POT in the one culinary creation?
Possibly though unlikely. I have on a number of occasions tried 'heat in a microwave' Corned Beef Hash without any signs of amusing side effects. It is, however, a weighty and substantial start to the day if consumed as a weekend brunch.

Whether using any form of LSD would enhance one's self perceived performance is a different matter. Perhaps too colourful a subject to be discussed in a Historic Racing forum?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2934194)   #30
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wait till you try Barbara's space cake!
Old 1 Aug 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2934324)   #31
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Whether using any form of LSD would enhance one's self perceived performance is a different matter.
I would have thought an LSD should improve one's performance - self perceived or not.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2934561)   #32
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
.....should I be worried by a dish, which based on Iain's spelling, contains both HASH and POT in the one culinary creation?
You should be more worried about eating Lancashire Hot Pot whilst within Yorkshire!
Old 3 Aug 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2935503)   #33
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tis Pie & Peas for about 50 flat-cap formula fordys doont thy noo...

Last edited by dikko; 3 Aug 2011 at 19:03. Reason: smelling pistake
Old 3 Aug 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2935514)   #34
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
If tha runs out lad.thee can have our leftovers,as pie and peas are our starters!
Old 5 Aug 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2936274)   #35
repairman
Rookie

repairman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there taking a few photos but no where near as good as Gary's from last year
Old 6 Aug 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2936477)   #36
repairman
Rookie

Even with never ending rain, very few spectators, some cars took a steady trip round the track
http://i.imgur.com/BCOnh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X8Py2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3A2ZF.jpg

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow
Old 7 Aug 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2936928)   #37
Nick Fleming
Rookie

Nick Fleming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a real shame for Croft yesterday. It was bucketing down for most of the afternoon yesterday and although a few hardy spectators hung around the rain just kept coming. They got the Guards race out towards the end of the afternoon which was ace and I think there was another couple of races after that but most of the afternoon was written off. Such a shame as loads of folk had put in a huge effort with the Nostalgia side of things.

Glad to say that things were much brighter this morning when I breezed past on the way home and according to my folks (they stayed at the track) it was 'heaving' inside with folk all dressed up in period costume and loads of spectators heading in. Really hope it worked out for them this afternoon. There really was a huge effort made by so many folk. Makes for a great weekend....(when it's not lashing down)!

Nick
Old 7 Aug 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2936977)   #38
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Glad to report Sunday was a big success - far better weather, very good turnout, good racing and lots of off-track entertainment. Hope to see some photos posted in the next few days.

Fingers crossed that HSCC will return next year. Hope those drivers new to Croft (and regulars) enjoyed themselves.

Good to finally meet up with Grant and also to see Iain and meet a few others at the F/Ford get-together on Saturday evening - shame I couldn't stay longer (good beer by the way!). Also good to meet Andrew Davenall this morning - that car looked really good on circuit.
Old 7 Aug 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2937000)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will be back next year. We all loved the weekend.Well done HSCC and all involved,Marshalls and the guys draining the water away.Fantasic effort..
BTW I got called "a little tinker"!!! whats that in suverner language.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2937047)   #40
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I had a great weekend in Roadsports. Because of the weather the 60's and 70's cars were combined so we had full grids both days. Qualifuying was awful with the track smeared with oil for half a lap and it was wet too. So my first ever experience of the circuit didn't teach me much!

On Saturday race I got into the lead, but couldn't see the track as I was all fogged up so finished a safe fourth. 35 cars started in atrocious conditions and not a single contact incident so far as I know.

Sunday was much better although sadly there was a start line melee that took out around 5 cars. Got the lead off the re-start and held it to the end, but was hard pushed by Julian Barter in his TVR. I saw lots of other good racing during the day and more German generals than I thought survived the war.

All in a well organised event and great flexibility in dealing with the weather. I'll definitely plan on being back.

Paul HRS #46 (or actually 146 for the combined event)
Old 8 Aug 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2937082)   #41
GSD
Rookie

GSD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather on Saturday was a great shame, well done on them for managing to deal with it, as a Guards competitor leaving Saturday night there was a stage when we all thought our chances of racing at all were very small, so thanks to croft and hscc. (As i was not there Sunday i'm just wondering if all series got both of thier races in? Very impressive if so considering how long the track was out of action.)

Third race in my short career and first time at croft, the oil and water down in the morning session made learning the track very difficult, going into the race with just 5 or so laps in those conditions was a bit daunting but i was pleased with my pace towards the end. A lapse of concentration after seeing the last lap sign sent me for a small spin but recovered to finish, lesson learnt, don't switch off a lap early!

Would love to come back and race the track next year in the dry, as i really enjoyed the quick bits of the track, the atmosphere and the weekend in general. Glad to hear things picked up on Sunday.

George -Merlyn 6a #52
Old 8 Aug 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2937153)   #42
banbury
Rookie

banbury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend in spite of the "Rain" Saturday.

Had a combined wet(Very) race later on Sat and not one car made contact with another,Sunday dry,and within 2 seconds of the start loads of contact.

Will be back next year if it is run again.

The Marshalls were fantastic( even the ones I nearly hit when I span).
Old 8 Aug 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2937182)   #43
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD View Post
.....As i was not there Sunday i'm just wondering if all series got both of thier races in? Very impressive if so considering how long the track was out of action.....
Yes managed to get them all in on Sunday - those that were leftover from Saturday (inc a second combined Roadsports race) plus all of the Sunday schedule. We finished just before 7pm with the 500cc F3 race - very entertaining (as they all were to be honest).
Old 8 Aug 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2937213)   #44
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD View Post
A lapse of concentration after seeing the last lap sign sent me for a small spin but recovered to finish, lesson learnt, don't switch off a lap early!

George -Merlyn 6a #52
You were in good company there George - it was a popular place for a spin. You probably noticed another of your number parked on the grass. I think that was their second spin at the same point if I recall correctly. Maybe third.

It was an interesting race - only 2 DNFs, despite the conditions, and an MGB in 4th ahead of a Chevron B8 - presumably because of the conditions.

Despite the unfortunate deluges, just at the wrong times, on Saturday there was a tremendous spirit about the meeting from everyone I spoke to especially the extremely damp marshals and the organisers and track management seemed to know exactly what the prospects were as the afternoon progressed.

Spirits were still high on Sunday especially amongst the survivors of Saturday. Brilliant attitudes all round.

There also seemed to be no shortage of marshals unlike some events I have been to this year. A great turnout by the locals. Well done all round.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2937231)   #45
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was able to get up to Croft to watch. What fantastic people live in the north of your Country - so very friendly.

Here are a couple of memories of Team Delta and the opposition team in 1939.
Attached Thumbnails
Croft 2011 013.jpg   Croft 2011 030.jpg  
Old 8 Aug 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2937352)   #46
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like to thank all competitiors for their patience, great racing and appreciation of us frogmen, sorry, marshals at the end of their races. conditions on Saturday were quite damp, at one stage I was looking for the Ark. Never had trench digging as one of my duties before, but it worked. I was flagging on the inside post before Tower. those not involved in the sartline shunt managed to see me waving the red flag.
Had a great weekend (my first time at Croft), despite the weather, but this event deserves the sun.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2937366)   #47
repairman
Rookie

and for those who had a problem

Old 8 Aug 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2937382)   #48
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
As a competitor and having marshalled at Croft in the p--sing rain back in the 60s (No little refuge huts then!) I feel I am very qualified to apreciate the massive contribution all the marshals make to our sport.A big thank you from myself and I am sure all the other FF2000 guys for all your hard work .

Last edited by jhh911; 8 Aug 2011 at 20:30.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2937411)   #49
SRH
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
SRH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic weekend at Croft! Huge grids, fantastic close racing, plenty to see around the paddock and a fantastic atmosphere

Here's a few photos from the weekend......

HSCC_Day2_1 by srhphoto, on Flickr

HSCC_Day2_3 by srhphoto, on Flickr

HSCC_Day2_14 by srhphoto, on Flickr

HSCC_Day2_19 by srhphoto, on Flickr

Roll on next year!

Cheers,

Simon.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2937602)   #50
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
BTW I got called "a little tinker"!!! whats that in suverner language.

I think all girls speak the same language north and south. There are products available to help on t'internet.