Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Aug 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2937981)   #51
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuttley View Post
I think all girls speak the same language north and south. There are products available to help on t'internet.
You are so right McMuttley. I well remember the showers at Spa a couple of years ago when Delta turned up in the ladies by mistake. They said something in French along the same lines.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2938101)   #52
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have yet to hear from Mr. Robyn Slater of this Parish about his races at Croft.

From what I saw there were two good races with the second race, in particular, being thoroughly entertaining and producing a splendid result.

Come on Robyn, tell us all about it!
Old 10 Aug 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2938205)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
We have yet to hear from Mr. Robyn Slater of this Parish about his races at Croft.
He promised us a podium after fitting a new clutch and rebuilding the LSD
Old 15 Aug 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2939970)   #54
acespeed72
Rookie

United Kingdom
shipley
acespeed72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any pics of red/black mini no 72 please
Old 16 Aug 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2941740)   #55
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belated thanks to all the orange army, race officials and friends who worked to make Croft useable after the horrendous weather on Saturday. At the far end of the paddock, there was a 3” deep river flowing under our trailer during much of the afternoon.

Sunday was much better; my first time on track at Croft so qualifying for the touring cars was a steep learning curve, neither driver nor understeering heavy car finding it easy, lots of corners and braking, and not enough driving in a straight line breathing a sigh of relief. Very unsettling bumps on the exit of Hawthorn too! Not surprised to find myself last. First race started under leaden skies and spots of rain; Class G from the Historic Road Sports was tacked onto the end of our grid in order to catch up from the lost Saturday afternoon. I’d already spoken to them and advised I would be keeping to the right so they could all shoot past up the middle, life got slightly complicated with a couple of stalled cars but no drama, until the Roadsports cars caught up with the main pack in Clervaux and a couple spun, thankfully without the heart-rending damage seen in the 70s Road Sports race. Thereafter I had a great time trying to stay ahead of Dave Cabena’s Alfa, and somehow managed to not be last in the race.

In-car footage not brilliant, I need to angle the cameras further down to reduce contrast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owHXI_o40QI
Rearcam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wKqqH8EpM
Sorry Andy, no film of you, you didn’t go fast enough to lap me ;-)
Steve Platts has posted in-car from his Singer Chamois of the Imp going bang at the end of lap 1 on YouTube.
Various trackside clips are appearing too.

Second race was easier as I began to get the hang of the circuit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeusAdf3qEA
Poor Dave Cabena found himself stuck behind yet another huge white car taking up too much space in the corners, but this time it was a Mustang and I was somehow able to pull away, even making 2nd in Class! Alas, no pot though, as they ran out, apparently HSCC drivers often don’t bother to collect so they always under-order. If only I had so many…

Great to see Delta driving his own car, Gary in between timekeeping, Dan Cox was very welcoming as it was my first time out with the Bybox series, and good to see Warren Briggs exercising his immaculate Mustang, first time out since 1995 in Australia.

It was a great weekend despite the rain, so much to see, and looked to be well supported by spectators. Fingers crossed the weather is more co-operative next year!
Old 16 Aug 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2941760)   #56
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm still splashing through the pics from Croft but as we have a couple of requests I thought I would see what I had.

One each from qualifying and then the second race.

I can't remember why but I don't seem to have any pics of the first race. I think it probably clashed with needing to be somewhere in the paddock not conducive to decent photos of track action.

I have other shots but didn't want to overdo things in the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
HTC_HSCC_Croft_August2011_ONED4275.jpg   HTC_HSCC_Croft_August2011_ONED4287.jpg   HTC_HSCC_Croft_August2011_ONED5741.jpg  

HTC_HSCC_Croft_August2011_ONED5751_1.jpg  
Old 16 Aug 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2941790)   #57
repairman
Rookie

repairman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

any pics of red/black mini no 72 please, here are a few acespeed72
Old 16 Aug 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2941810)   #58
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Kind words Andrew thanks. These days I think I am quicker in Jims Westminster than my single seaters.I seem to be braking at the very last minuit eye balls falling out but then the youngsters still come past arry flatters. Whats all that about.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2942992)   #59
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any pics of John Busseys' Elva? Not sure whether its the colour but there is something really appealing about that car. Not seen it in the flesh so some paddock type close ups would be nice. I see from the results it qualified but didn't make the race, hope it was nothing too serious.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 19 Aug 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2943035)   #60
repairman
Rookie

repairman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Anyone got any pics of John Busseys' Elva? Not sure whether its the colour but there is something really appealing about that car. Not seen it in the flesh so some paddock type close ups would be nice. I see from the results it qualified but didn't make the race, hope it was nothing too serious.

I did not see it this year, but if it only ran on Saturday, I gave up at around 2pm.

Here is one from last year at Croft