Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jan 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4030076)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Who is this?

I have been given a photo of a bloke called Jonny Hardman in an Aston Martin 50’s Le Mans car
Anyone with an idea of who he is?
Know of Tom but never heard of a Jonny!
Old 19 Jan 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4030110)   #2
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Hardman was a regular pilot of a DBR1 maybe a relation?

https://talacrest.com/Classic-Car-Sa...-DBR1/5978.htm
Old 19 Jan 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4030126)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Peter is the well known driver.
Have been told the fellow I am intrigued to find is from Midlands so a strong link with Peter
Could be that the fellow I thought was driving was actually the passenger with a relative being the passenger?
Needle in haystack job!
Old 20 Jan 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4030179)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Peter is the well known driver.
Have been told the fellow I am intrigued to find is from Midlands so a strong link with Peter
Could be that the fellow I thought was driving was actually the passenger with a relative being the passenger?
Needle in haystack job!
Can you post the picture, John? Might help, any notion of how old the picture is, where taken, etc.?
Old 20 Jan 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4030184)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Same JH ?

https://www.oldracingcars.com/cooper/t79/
Old 20 Jan 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4030188)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I was sent a photo of a fifties DB3S Aston the other day and asked if I recognised the driver who I was told name Jonny Hardman.I have no idea age of picture or if it was a real Aston.The driver it seems according to the information did Monte Carlo Historic’s andLe Mans and from West Midlands

Not worth taking it very far and it was just seeing if anyone recognised the name.
It’s not Peter Hardman in car.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4030193)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The Cooper connection is closest to real name but looks about 50 so it doesn’t work age wise.
Leave it at moment!
Old 20 Jan 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4030250)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can you recognise the car, John? Not many DB3's around any more, might give a clue.
Attached Thumbnails
A1.JPG   A2.JPG   A3.JPG  

A6.jpg   A5.JPG  
Old 20 Jan 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4030266)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Bob

If you send me an E Mail
Address will send pic!
You can post it on here because after all these years I still don’t know how to!
Old 22 Jan 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4030569)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'll take the white one please.

I could live with green if I had to
Old 25 Jan 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4031061)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Anyone recognise this happy chappy? at a guess I'd say the photo was 10 years old. most phones have much better resolution now, let alone cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
PHOTO-2021-01-04-19-50-24.jpg  
Old 25 Jan 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4031064)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Cheers Zef
Spoke to one of the main men in Historic’s last night and he didn’t recognise him and thought the car was a copy
This all started when I mentioned to a mate that all people are only one person away from anyone else involved in the pastime!
At that point he sent me copy of photo and asked did I know of this car as he was looking for a real one and unlike other types there doesn’t seem any for sale.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4031079)   #13
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Anyone recognise this happy chappy? at a guess I'd say the photo was 10 years old. most phones have much better resolution now, let alone cameras.
Am fairly sure that is a copy which I helped build .
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4031084)   #14
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Probably taken when some of our customers did a photo op at Le Mans a few years ago .
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsBhTOvI...jpg&name=small
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4031085)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right well, I think that is indeed a copy and it's not of a DB3S. It's a copy of a DBR1/300, of which only 5 were built and they would all be £20million plus, if they ever came up for sale.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81151
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4031086)   #16
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Right well, I think that is indeed a copy and it's not of a DB3S. It's a copy of a DBR1/300, of which only 5 were built and they would all be £20million plus, if they ever came up for sale.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81151
Of course I should have called it a TRIBUTE model .
As you say ,the originals are very rare & expensive.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qJNGTYsSK...0/IMG_0526.JPG

But 1 can be bought for less than 1% of the price of an original.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4031089)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'm not in the slightest bu up on old Astons, but it does look very fstraight and precise . . .as opposed to the other photos of presumably genuine and properly used cars. Hand made cars are not often symetrical when theyre made let alone after a few nudges.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4031120)   #18
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not in the slightest bu up on old Astons, but it does look very fstraight and precise . . .as opposed to the other photos of presumably genuine and properly used cars. Hand made cars are not often symetrical when theyre made let alone after a few nudges.
Quite a few people were impressed by one of our cars on the Goodwood central display in 2019.
https://magazine.astonmartin.com/peo...wood-sculpture

Some of the motoring press even said it was the original car .
Old 25 Jan 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4031148)   #19
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DBR1 reps

This has jangled my memory bank.....it may or may not be one of the Andrew Soar cars but he may well be able to solve the mystery

http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/
Old 25 Jan 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4031159)   #20
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
This has jangled my memory bank.....it may or may not be one of the Andrew Soar cars but he may well be able to solve the mystery

http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/
Yes . you are right there .