Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Aug 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3992703)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dix Mille Tours du Castellet

First race meeting for Peter Auto.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4035847)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Delayed. Official reason is that it will be too hard to fill the grids due to HC restrictions. Another date TBC in March but I have the feeling that it could be a cancellation.
Will, what's your opinion?
Old 19 Feb 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4035866)   #3
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have added another event at Nogaro in July...let’s hope we can get to that one! They could always add on a rearranged Le Castellet event at the end of the year....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 19 Feb 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4035877)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
been added to the calendar. I dont know about your needs in terms of accommodation, but there are few acceptable hotels within 15 miles around the track.
But if you're ready to drive further, some spa towns offer good hotels and restaurants. May be you know curists, they swim, walk, run and are on diet all day long then rush to the next table and over feed themselves!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4036659)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Les Dix Mille Tours du Castellet, announced from 30 April to 2 May.
Year 2021 I mean… Lack of motivation, sorry, I didn't even check about a possible clash.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4044340)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
TBC

From PA, dated 2 April:
Dear Competitors, Following the new French government announcements last Wednesday, many of you are wondering whether or not the Dix Mille Tours event, scheduled for April 30, May 1 and 2 will be maintained.
As it stands, it is impossible for us to give you a clear and definitive answer. We are trying to obtain more information from national and local authorities, as well as from country embassies concerning our foreign competitors, and the terms of their arrival on French territory.
What is certain is that we will not maintain the event if it created too many logistical or administrative constraints for the competitors.
In any case, we will get back to you no later than Wednesday with a definitive answer.
In the meantime, we wish you all an excellent weekend and Happy Easter.

I think the definitive answer TBA no later than 7 April.
Old 2 Apr 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4044345)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Will, you now are first in rope here for the PA events. Your opinion? If it happens on schedule, will you go to Le Castellet?
Old 3 Apr 2021, 06:10 (Ref:4044425)   #8
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...I don’t think we will be allowed out of the UK, so looking unlikely....very sad.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Apr 2021, 06:45 (Ref:4044428)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last news from PA make it clear, no Brits or too much hassle on Brits, no meeting. My opinion is: nothing to regret! Stay safe at home. You like to go racing? Stay alive first, discuss later!
Old 7 Apr 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4044922)   #10
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Overseas travel remain illegal for Brits until at least May 17 and even after that people returning from countries with high Covid levels will have to do some combination of tests, isolation and even hotel quarantine. If Brits are a requirement for this meeting, there is zero chance of it being able to happen before July at the earliest, more likely the Autumn or even later.
Old 7 Apr 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4044972)   #11
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canned... no brainer.
Old 7 Apr 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4044986)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newall Andy View Post
Canned... no brainer.

Impossible to have it in July.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4045047)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Officially canceled

Canceled. Or if you prefer "canned"…
Old 8 Apr 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4045069)   #14
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or in British English, cancelled, if you prefer... with 2 Ls
Old 8 Apr 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4045073)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now cancelled!

Sorry! Thanks.