Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 May 2015, 03:34 (Ref:3538420)   #276
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another boring race at an intermediate track. Rules package still isn't exciting enough.
Old 17 May 2015, 12:46 (Ref:3538539)   #277
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Another boring race at an intermediate track. Rules package still isn't exciting enough.
Agree. I am starting to wonder when not enough rules changes will
make better racing and its in the hands of the drivers to spread out
and hope to capitalize on others misfortunes later in the race.

Seeing Mikey walk through the field with the Byrnes kid was more
entertaining than the race itself. Yes there were moments, but as a whole,
that was tough. Might be a work out to watch 600 miles of that.
Old 18 May 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3538849)   #278
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Agree. I am starting to wonder when not enough rules changes will
make better racing and its in the hands of the drivers to spread out
and hope to capitalize on others misfortunes later in the race.

Seeing Mikey walk through the field with the Byrnes kid was more
entertaining than the race itself. Yes there were moments, but as a whole,
that was tough. Might be a work out to watch 600 miles of that.
Agree. A few good laps of racing, but overall, boring. The problem is pretty obvious, at a simple glance. The cars cannot pass, due to aero-dependency/"clean air". The drivers have been complaining, for several years. The say more horsepower, take away some of the aero. NASCAR went in the exact opposite direction. Reduced horsepower and made cars even MORE aero-dependent! I understand they were going to try to "fix" the aero problem, with the 2016 rules package, but now, they have put that on hold and may scrap it altogether! They are acting stupid, talking about an even FURTHER reduction of horsepower! They can't seem to figure out that reducing horsepower is NOT the answer!
Old 24 May 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3540749)   #279
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Agree. A few good laps of racing, but overall, boring. The problem is pretty obvious, at a simple glance. The cars cannot pass, due to aero-dependency/"clean air".
Yeah it's like how it was around '99-'00 all over again.
Old 24 May 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3540836)   #280
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
I just woke up. Walked to Church, for Service this morning, got back home and went back to bed. No reason to stay up. This day as well as the weekend and the last week has not gone as planned or very well at all. I questioned whether it was even worth getting out of bed this morning. My plans had been, as in previous years, to get up early, ride the Harley to a location to meet up with some buddies for breakfast. Then, ride back down to Church, attend Service, then take a short ride. Get back home, clean up, then go to a friend's house for our annual World 600 (yeah, I know) party. We cook out, eat, talk allot and watch the pre-race show then the race. I have mentioned, in the past, that I can't afford to go to races anymore. I thought things were bad, but was I ever wrong. My life has taken a turn for the worse. Things happen to knock you down and so it was/is. 5 nights ago, I had to surrender the Harley. Too expensive to own/operate. That was a real punch in the gut. Then, yesterday, I got a kick in the teeth. I had to run a couple of errands. I left the house and made it 20 miles down the road, I had to stop for gas and the truck would not start, when I had gotten gas. It was not just a dead battery, I don't know what it is but the truck is down hard. I called the insurance company, they have road-side assistance. Long story short, I live further than the free tow distance and had only 10.00 to my name. The tow truck driver saw the Marine Corps tag on the truck and said, "Don't worry, I'll take you home." I said that he risk getting in trouble. He said, "I'm not worried about it. You're a Veteran, it's obvious that you are down on your luck, basically, this company can go to He!!, if they want money from you, I am not going to so it -- Thank you for your service. Besides, this is my last day on this job, what are they going to do, fire me?" He towed the truck to the house, shook my hand, said "Thank you again for your service" and was gone. So now the truck sits outside the house and will sit. I won't get paid until next Friday, retirement check hits the bank and I won't get paid at work, until then, as well. House payment, truck note (2 1/2 notes to go to payoff) utilities, insurance and food will eat up most of the pay, so I don't know when or if I will be able to get the truck fixed. I won't be able to get to the party this afternoon, as my friends live about 40 miles from here. So I basically, except for the time walking to and from Church and Church Service, have been in bed all day. As I said, I woke up a short while ago. I have the television on, Race Hub just went off, Charlotte Pre-race/coverage starts in about 10 minutes. Guess I'll watch the race, then go back to bed. I usually look forward to this night, this year, I will watch, but most of the fun has been drained out of it. The prospect for rain, this coming week is great. I live 12 miles from work, I figure I can walk that distance in about 4 hours, so I will leave the house EARLY Tuesday morning. Not looking forward to walking in the rain, but as the saying goes, "Into every life, a little rain must fall". I just didn't think it would be a monsoon! I hope it's a good race tonight and that you all enjoy it. Happy Memorial Day. Remember the REAL reason for the holiday. Take care.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:29 (Ref:3540853)   #281
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Well, for what it's worth, the race is underway, about 10 to 15 laps in now. No one is around, so I'm going to back on out of this and just watch the race. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 25 May 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3541011)   #282
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Congratulations to Carl Edwards. He drove a very good race and earned this win. I was pulling for Martin Truex Jr. He was fast, but just couldn't get the win, there at the end. He is going to win a race this year, if he keeps running like he has been!
Old 25 May 2015, 22:22 (Ref:3541216)   #283
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tried to stay awake but went out with 50 to go.
Saw the finish on the DVR.
Glad for Edwards, but more so for Biffle and Roush.
Hopefully they have turned a corner with the 2nd place.
Chase in the top 20.
You guys may have seen this as it is a year old.
Really great Memorial Day salutation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9Si28k0Fk
Old 25 May 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3541231)   #284
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I tried to stay awake but went out with 50 to go.
Saw the finish on the DVR.
Glad for Edwards, but more so for Biffle and Roush.
Hopefully they have turned a corner with the 2nd place.
Chase in the top 20.
You guys may have seen this as it is a year old.
Really great Memorial Day salutation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9Si28k0Fk
That is the major complaint that I have with running superspeedway races, 1 mile and longer in length) 400, 500 and 600 miles at night time. They run FAR too late into the night/morning hours. I might have felt differently, when I was young, but as I have aged, as well as with the jobs (physical labor) that I have worked over they years, I just usually cannot stay up very late, like I could when I was younger. I rarely last through the bigger races, run at night, anymore. I made it through last night's race, but these days that is becoming increasing rare. I can see them running Phoenix at night, as that race is only around 300 miles, since it is measured in kilometers, instead of standard miles. I can see short tracks holding their races at night, Bristol and Richmond, but those races are short enough that they are over at a reasonable hour, unless weather intervenes. The big, 400, 500 and 600 mile races should be run in their traditional Sunday afternoon time slots. I don't even want to think about attending a night race at on of the big tracks. The fact is that most still arrive at the tracks, early in the mornings, like they did when the races were held during the day time. Sitting out in the hot sun, being awake for so long, the race usually not ending until, on average, after midnight, equals a heightened danger of accidents for the majority of fans that will try to drive home, after the races. Not everyone can afford to stay at the track overnight after a race, or at a hotel. It would be far better to just run the races on Sunday afternoons, like they always had, until the advent of Charlotte's lighting system!

You're right, that is a great vid! Hope you've had a Happy Memorial Day.
Old 28 May 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3542049)   #285
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Except for Daytona 500 they should shorten all races with 100 mile.
Old 28 May 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3542236)   #286
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Except for Daytona 500 they should shorten all races with 100 mile.
I STRONGLY disagree! Shortened in that manner will degrade/drop the other races from major status! This IS NOT that series that runs in Indiana, where it has only one race that means anything and their other races are next to meaningless!
Old 31 May 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3543516)   #287
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a helluva save by Junior. Larry Mac says he's still in a perdicament though.
Old 31 May 2015, 22:54 (Ref:3543565)   #288
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That was a helluva save by Junior. Larry Mac says he's still in a perdicament though.
It was a Hell of a save. Junior just couldn't seem to get on track, no pun intended, today. Just an off-day for him. I was pulling for Truex Jr. Again, a strong car, but just couldn't close the deal, at the end. Have to say I am not pleases that Johnson won. Just not a fan of his, mainly due to NASCAR turning their heads, every time Knaus cheats and every they do anything to try and penalize him, Johnson, Hendricks and Knaus cry and whine so much, appeal to any and everyone, sorry, it just gets OLD after a while!
Old 4 Jun 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3544946)   #289
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like Pocono. Don't care what y'all think.

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/201...SCAR-Race-Info
Old 4 Jun 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3544956)   #290
canamman
Veteran

United States
Pocono took a while to grow on me over the years.
Kinda wish they would of left the grass along the back
straight instead of tarmac-ing it. I understand safety,
blah blah blah. Restarts are entertaining 4 and 5 wide
on the front heading into 1. Need a new winner
for the chase.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3545000)   #291
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Agree. I've always liked Pocono. The unique design and a superspeedway that you have to run like a short track! It can produce some GREAT racing! Always look forward to the two races there, each year!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 02:08 (Ref:3545046)   #292
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I STRONGLY disagree! Shortened in that manner will degrade/drop the other races from major status! This IS NOT that series that runs in Indiana, where it has only one race that means anything and their other races are next to meaningless!
Just throwing this out there. 35 races on the NASCAR schedule are meaningless, but I digress.

Anyway, I sincerely hope this 4/48 domination stops soon. Time for Kasey Kahne to get another victory here.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3545122)   #293
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Just throwing this out there. 35 races on the NASCAR schedule are meaningless, but I digress.
With the "stick and ball" sport, play-off JOKE of a championship system, called the chase, I FULLY agree with you! The chase is a FARCE and it renders the 35 races, prior to Homestead meaningless!

Quote:
Anyway, I sincerely hope this 4/48 domination stops soon. Time for Kasey Kahne to get another victory here.
I agree, tired of the domination. Time for more cars/drivers to win!
Old 7 Jun 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3545891)   #294
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see Martin Truex back in victory lane. They've been banging on the door all year and it's finally paid off for the #78 team.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3545933)   #295
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Great to see Martin Truex back in victory lane. They've been banging on the door all year and it's finally paid off for the #78 team.
AMEN! SO happy for Truex Jr. and the whole # 78 team! Congratulations!
Old 8 Jun 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3545957)   #296
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The 78 finally sealed the deal. Well done.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 06:45 (Ref:3547845)   #297
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, great to see someone different win - Danica is next
Old 12 Jun 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3548184)   #298
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Yep, great to see someone different win - Danica is next
Yes Danica can be next in watching someone different win
Old 14 Jun 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3550530)   #299
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
So...yeah, off to Sonoma in two weeks.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 03:28 (Ref:3550998)   #300
canamman
Veteran

United States
New aero rules for a 1 off at the Ky race.
Taking away about 1000 pounds of downforce
which may turn into an added 100 hp.
I was kinda hoping they would just leave the front
splitter off completely and put back the front
end adjustment mainly in spring and shock combinations.
This may loosen up the rear end a good bit so the dirt trackers
should love it. Cruise controllers will hate it. We'll see.

Anyhow, hats off to NASCAR for trying. Should be an interesting
KY race. It follows Daytona.