Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Dec 2007, 11:38 (Ref:2080542)   #126
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Let's not get overwrought here. I never said pay drivers in general nor Negrao in particular was evil. It is CC "business model" which relies on them that bothers me.

Mutoh? Yeah, he was just standing around looking like a Japanese person when Honda just handed him the money. It is not like he showed what he could do in IPS or at Chicagoland or anything...

Mutoh came up through Honda's support system. If he were talentless he would be Honda-less.

Negrao is where he is due to a more or less chance meeting of zygote and ova - a wealthy zygote for sure, but less deliberate circumstances than Honda's talent seeking process.

Using your logic here mountainstar, Richard Petty and Mario Andretti were pay drivers since STP and Valvoline were/are long-time sponsors.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 3 Dec 2007 at 11:41.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 12:11 (Ref:2080565)   #127
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't this all for another thread? Dan Petit's future hasn't been discussed in days.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 12:21 (Ref:2080574)   #128
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And pardon me, while we're at it, I was looking to post a CCWS 'silly season' comment last week but no clue which thread that's supposed to be (canna remember what it was about now but, still). For the casual CCWS observer, where is it?

Back to the topic at hand.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 3 Dec 2007 at 12:24.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2080603)   #129
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
And pardon me, while we're at it, I was looking to post a CCWS 'silly season' comment last week but no clue which thread that's supposed to be (canna remember what it was about now but, still). For the casual CCWS observer, where is it?

Back to the topic at hand.
Don't believe one exists, although there are threads for NHL drivers, RuSports, the schedule, Team Oz. Some of which are even not locked
Old 3 Dec 2007, 22:58 (Ref:2081004)   #130
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Don't believe one exists, although there are threads for NHL drivers, RuSports, the schedule, Team Oz. Some of which are even not locked
I think since Petits future has been decided we can lock the thread and start a Champcar Pay Drivers Complaint Thread.