Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2669314)   #1
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa losing Ferrari drive?

An article in this weeks Autosport questions whether Massa is going to lose his position at Ferrari, possibly to Kubica. It suggests that Alonso and Kubica are firm friends and that Ferrari management are already disappointed in Massa's ultimate pace, and despite Massa having beaten Alonso in the last two GP's they feel Alonso is already starting to dominate the team.
Any thoughts??
Old 9 Apr 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2669320)   #2
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...assa-contract/ reports the exact opposite.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 08:38 (Ref:2669321)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It is only natural that a team will evaluate their drivers. I'm sure all top teams are having a looking at Bobby K but it doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2669322)   #4
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To early in the season for driver team change rumours.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2669345)   #5
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
They've already started work on their 2011 car.....
Old 9 Apr 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2669439)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa will stay for more 3 years :

http://www.band.com.br/esporte/formu....asp?ID=286935

http://f1around.wordpress.com/2010/0...r-com-ferrari/

It was also said during the broadcast of the last GP.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2669498)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Ferrari management are already disappointed in Massa's ultimate pace
Yeah, I'd sure be disappointed too, I mean, only leading one Formula 1 World Championship? Come on Felipe, pick up your game!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 9 Apr 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2669525)   #8
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Yeah, I'd sure be disappointed too, I mean, only leading one Formula 1 World Championship? Come on Felipe, pick up your game!
If they are disappointed then it must be in reference to his slow start to this year. He was awesome in 2008 (Hungary, Turkey, Brazil and Valencia where he was clearly the class of the field) but he's not shown that pace so far this year - although his performance was strong in Malaysia. I feel that he's in a similar situation to Michael Schumacher, trying to ease himself back into the groove.

When he does find his best form he will be showing a clean pair of heels to Alonso, I'm sure of that.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2669539)   #9
Toorop
Rookie

France
Rouen, France
Toorop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh right, they'll hire Kubica just because he's alonso's friend...I don't see why they would let Massa go, he's been doing a good job since he joined Ferrari. I'm much more inclined to believe they want to extend his contract.

Btw, it was the spanish media who started with this Kubica/Massa rumor?
Old 9 Apr 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2669599)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see why they'd want to drop Felipe personally, after all, if they really did want to, they had the ideal oppertunity after his accident.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2669612)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe we should see how he performs for the rest of the season. From an outsiders point of view he would appear to be looking pretty strong.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2669630)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a good move to me.

However this is just an article in Autosport.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 00:27 (Ref:2669777)   #13
edu
Rookie

Brazil
São Paulo - BR
edu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Massa retiring Villeneuve, Schumacher and Raikkonen... Now is Alonso.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2669778)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson View Post
If they are disappointed then it must be in reference to his slow start to this year. He was awesome in 2008 (Hungary, Turkey, Brazil and Valencia where he was clearly the class of the field) but he's not shown that pace so far this year - although his performance was strong in Malaysia. I feel that he's in a similar situation to Michael Schumacher, trying to ease himself back into the groove.

When he does find his best form he will be showing a clean pair of heels to Alonso, I'm sure of that.
And poor kid, he was celebrating that this is his best season start in his entire career, despite having a near-fatal accident, miss the rest of the season, being almost considered ruined for driving in F1 and the usual discredit from everyone else...

That's bad !
Old 10 Apr 2010, 05:51 (Ref:2669838)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a bit early for the silly season.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2669967)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's a bit early for the silly season.
This is the silly season !!!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2670188)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Felipe is not going anywhere he is perfect at Ferrari, the team love him..I am delighted to see him back racing..
Old 11 Apr 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2670358)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will seem pretty silly when Massa wins the WDC this year.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2670363)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
Indeed it will.

But any how, I think he's the perfect driver for Ferrari at the moment. It's up to him to ensure that he doesn't become the new 'Barrichello'.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2670367)   #20
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really do hope this is nothing more than an Autosport article...how Ferrari can be dissapointed with Massa's pace after 3 Grand Prix, races in which he has been as good as his team mate, I don't pretend to understand.

Maybe, if the Scuderia are so concerned about Alonso dominating, they should tell him to slow down
Old 11 Apr 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2670413)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Frank Williams seems to take a delight in dropping his World Champions and Brawn did the same with Button.
Ferrari dumped Schu for Kimi.
Ferrari dumped Kimi for Alonso with a contract.

Kubica with Alonso as a team mate at Ferrari should ensure a rapid end to a friendship!

Even so I think Massa will prove too fast for Alonso in the end.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2670540)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't think he will, but it's still fanciful to imagine that he won't do well enough to keep his drive.

Over at Renault RobKub is showing himself to be a genuine #1 driver, both in terms of performance of the track and moulding the team into an effective force off it. I don't know where he will go from there, unless TGH does decide to call it a day at the end of the season.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2670679)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Kubica would fit anywhere, he's that kind of driver that seems to be "team friendly", so I wouldn't be surprise he moving to any of the top teams, or if Renault prove to be a challenge in the WCC/WDC, remaining there.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2670820)   #24
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It wouldn't surprise me to see any top team keeping an eye on Kubica this year, but if Ferrari want him it won't have anything to do with whether he's Alonso's mate or not.

I think Alonso will comfortably have the measure of Massa over the season, but the two of them may actually be the partnership to give Ferrari the best shot at both championships. No internal squabbles (yet), both proven winners, both quick, both consistent. If Alonso starts to look the better option for the title, Massa has also shown he's more than capable of playing a strong supporting role. There aren't a lot of drivers who have shown that they can be both a team leader (2008) and play second fiddle (2007), and if Ferrari had Alonso and Kubica, I don't think either of them would want to give way.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 11 Apr 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2670870)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
It wouldn't surprise me to see any top team keeping an eye on Kubica this year, but if Ferrari want him it won't have anything to do with whether he's Alonso's mate or not.

I think Alonso will comfortably have the measure of Massa over the season, but the two of them may actually be the partnership to give Ferrari the best shot at both championships. No internal squabbles (yet), both proven winners, both quick, both consistent. If Alonso starts to look the better option for the title, Massa has also shown he's more than capable of playing a strong supporting role. There aren't a lot of drivers who have shown that they can be both a team leader (2008) and play second fiddle (2007), and if Ferrari had Alonso and Kubica, I don't think either of them would want to give way.
I agree with all of that, and in any case Joe Saward is saying that Massa's contract is about to be extended and he is normally a pretty reliable source. Link.
Closed Thread