Old 11 Jun 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2709041)   #26
kylekosir
Rookie

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
kylekosir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
It all sounds very intriguing I must say.

Where abouts are you seated?

Selby
Ill be in Pitlane during the Formula Ford support race all weekend, and Im at grandstand 32 which is turn 7. My Friend is racing and the tickets were a birthday present. And he was like did you want Pitlane Passes. I was like OK
Old 11 Jun 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2709056)   #27
Andy Harrison
Rookie

Andy Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the predictions for the race this weekend?
I can't wait - I'm really excited abut Canada being back on this year.
I think Lewis is going to mount a charge and take 1st, and then the Red Bulls (providing they can avoid taking each other out). I can't see Button with the skill to be able to get past Vettel or Webber. His only decent passing moves so far where in Turkey on Schumacher - lap1 and Hamilton - when he was cruising. Maybe Kubcia might sneak 4th...?

Cool preview of Canade with hamilton:
http://www.grid1.tv/videos/featured/...uide-to-canada
Old 11 Jun 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2709060)   #28
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do not forget to visit our chatroom throughout the sessions
10 Tenth Chatroom

Last edited by Andy77; 11 Jun 2010 at 11:49.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2709083)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekosir View Post
Grand Prix du Canada is sold out. Tickets for Next season go on sale today. Wow thats pretty amazing. I don't think it will have any probrlsm with LM and World Cup going on. It just adds to an amazing weekend
To the local public there's no problem at all, I meant the rest of the world. All TVs are concentrating on world cup now (here's 24h/7d from now on) and the GP will have a second spot on them. Hopefully there'll be no matches clashing
with the qualifying and the race, because the coverage would be reduced by small breaks during the matches... mind you, it's a 4-year spam event and the most important in the sport.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2709160)   #30
Whosyermon
Rookie

United States
The Oil Coast of Florida
Whosyermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look forward to the race on this circuit each and every year. It's always fun to see who comes out with the hole shot after the opening esses and sometimes shocking to see who ends up leaving their mark on the final turn's wall.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2709349)   #31
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don`t forget to visit the 10 Tenth Chatroom throughout practice session 2

Old 11 Jun 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2709415)   #32
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Hopefully there'll be no matches clashing
with the qualifying and the race, because the coverage would be reduced by small breaks during the matches... mind you, it's a 4-year spam event and the most important in the sport.
Fortunately, the race falls handily in between two football matches, so anybody who doesn't have much on on Sunday can sit down for the first match and pretty much not move until the second one has finished, with the GP in between. Stock up on pizza and beer!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 11 Jun 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2709458)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was my plan for Saturday through Sunday afternoon. Great sports weekend with LeMans, WC action and a great GP track, good way to spend 30+ hours.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 23:18 (Ref:2709518)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
All the teams struggled with tyres today. Particularly the option tyre, which wasn't lasting very long at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see some drivers qualifying on the prime tyre.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2709534)   #35
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I figure it could be a 2 stop race if the mediums develop some graining at half distance. Did anybody notice a team doing long heavy runs on the medium sets to test their endurance? I know they seemed to hold up well but did anybody really strain them? It will make listening for LH on the radio about the supersofts and maybe brakes an interesting side story. Could it be another good race for JB, might be able to stop early and get some good laps on the options and then try to save them to end.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 03:10 (Ref:2709557)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
So, this Friday through to Sunday, we see Formula 1 make a bold return to the Olympic rowing basin at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve....
Thanks Selby; loads of info and well written.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2709559)   #37
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had my one and only day at the track today...

Having not seen an F1 car in person in 2 years... have to say, these cars disappoint. They are missing the high RPM shriek that used to characterize F1 cars, and to me, don't sound much different than some junior single seaters. They also look like junior single seaters from some angles...

Having the Historic GP cars practicing immediately after the current F1 cars didn't help the comparison... especially a V12 Ferrari.

Apparently half a million dollars were spent on upgrading the race track surface. That's pennies compared to the new F1 venues, but significant for Montreal. Hopefully the track holds up...

The GP is sold out, and the crowd was very heavy with grandstands and general admission areas (scarce) full on Friday. I think everyone took today off either for the GP or the World Cup.

In an effort to scare away groundhogs from the race track, the organizers sprayed fox urine around the track perimeter...video footage shows it hasn't been working though. That's what you get for holding a Grand Prix in groundhog city...

The surface looked slick - all drivers appeared to be sliding around and locking up wheels regularly. If it rains much, it will stay green.

I'll be taping the race...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 12 Jun 2010, 03:28 (Ref:2709561)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Had my one and only day at the track today...

I'll be taping the race...
Don't get your Calvin and Hobbes mixed up.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2709649)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Rain looks like a dead cert for final practice and qualifying.

http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/228
Old 12 Jun 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2709842)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wet and without grip... perfect.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2709966)   #41
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Rain looks like a dead cert for final practice and qualifying.

http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/228
Based on the weather we've gotten over the past week, we've had a lot more "threats" of rain than actual rain. The sky looked like it does in the picture for much of Friday, and there was just a drop or two (literally).

I can just imagine the BBC telling us "10 minutes to rain...5 minutes to rain...15 minutes to rain..." throughout the race and it never coming for more than a few sprinkles. If it does rain, I think it'll be in brief bursts - with drying in between, rather than anything sustained.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 12 Jun 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2709980)   #42
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chandhok has said he will have a five grid pen for changing a gearbox.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2709990)   #43
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
Chandhok has said he will have a five grid pen for changing a gearbox.
So might as well not go out for qualifying.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2710066)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, what a lap by Lewis.

Welcome back Montreal. Cracking circuit.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2710069)   #45
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis pushing his car such a classic.

He then left it for the marshals and got a lift
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2710071)   #46
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yes, what a lap by Lewis.
Great lap by lewis but Webber did a fantastic job on the hard compound. Looking at how Vettel struggled to deal with getting and maintaining heat in the tyres you'd have to say Mark is well placed to take advantage of the advantage that the hard compound should give him. Great to see a different tyre strategy deployed at the front, sets up a great race!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2710072)   #47
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Advantage Red Bulls. They will start on the hards if Im correct.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2710073)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Fantastic qualy session, easily the best this year and perhaps the best one for a lot longer than that.

Hamilton, superb at the death there, Liuzzi also brilliant.

Really didn't know if a McLaren, Red Bull or Ferrari was going to get the pole!!!!
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2710076)   #49
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a tense last chicane! I can't believe Lewis pulled out a quarter of a second in the last sector alone, that was incredible. Race will be interesting tomorrow with tyre strategy... it'll rain now and make it all irrelevant lol
Old 12 Jun 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2710082)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was exciting stuff. I've always liked this track; Tilke could learn a thing or two. It's good to see it's back; why did it go away last year?