Glock 0 0%
Other 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Jun 2010, 04:45 (Ref:2711647)   #26
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hamilton, in part for his race, and in part for his immense quali lap to put himself in position to take advantage.

special mentions alonso & heikki.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 05:03 (Ref:2711651)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm trying not to throw up at the plaudits (sycophancy) being levelled at Lewis, who was bloody good this weekend.

But looking down the grid from the winner we had great drives from Button who gained two places, Alonso who gained a place, Liuzzi who deserved to be up the front but was turfed off by a desperate Massa and Kubica who was blatantly blocked by Mickey-the-Shoe, who is looking a bit shopsoiled these days.

Then there was a great performance from Kova who was actually racing that Lotus this weekend.

Sympathies to Mark W who was really only there because of tyres, he was nowhere after the stop, notwithstanding one fast lap, he struggeld with back markers. As to Vettel well he's blaming back markers yet others had the same problem.

So it falls to the top three really. Alonso was very good but fell apart in traffic and I'm still not convinced that he didn't flick the rev limiter off to stay alongside Hamilton in the pitlane. Button drove a cool and controlled race and appeared to have something in hand at the end, which is what you'd expect from him. He's doing much better than I expected for a driver in a new team, this year; what you might call the complete driver.

Then there's Lewis. Difficult to find fault in anything from yesterday, he's really taken stock of what Button does and is now using it to good effect along with his own set of skills. His win was IMO based solely on that special pole lap, once he had that, his confidence would have been streets ahead of everyone else.

So Lewis gets my vote this weekend.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2711713)   #28
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
LH for me. Wanted to vote JB, but LH was just that bit better! Both had great races, as did others.

Was impressed by some of the comments coming out of LH after the race (anyone here the R4 interview with John Watson this morning?). Seems he and JB really get on. Just goes to show how strong a team can be with the right components - probably helps that the drivers and manufacturer are all British - there seems to be a real team spirit going on there.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2711749)   #29
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Hamilton but thought Alonso Button and Webber all drove well and for various reasons were not in higher finishing positions.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2711753)   #30
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Think ralfy was joking. Forum consensus is that LH can't hold tyres together. He also will never, ever win the Turkish GP as he has to have two more pitstops.
Forum concensus is wrong! Even Bridgestone said before the season that the trend was that Hamilton was being even better on the tyres than Button. The only race this year where Hamilton has had anything near a problem (except the blowout which was clearly not his fault) was China, but even then that was just because he had to push his tyres harder than Button to protect/take position(s).
Old 14 Jun 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2711760)   #31
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa , just because i don't swim with the mainstream
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2711770)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
Forum concensus is wrong! Even Bridgestone said before the season that the trend was that Hamilton was being even better on the tyres than Button. The only race this year where Hamilton has had anything near a problem (except the blowout which was clearly not his fault) was China, but even then that was just because he had to push his tyres harder than Button to protect/take position(s).
It is one of those funny things that comes up. Lewis is obviously a little bit harder on tyres than Jenson, but so was TGF in comparison to Barrichello. It isn't really a season defining problem.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2711772)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kovalainen. We may not have seen much of it on TV, but the general consensus in the paddock is that it was a bloody good drive.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2711799)   #34
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Massa , just because i don't swim with the mainstream
No, thats right - we all chose Hamilton because we are all crazy sheep

Not because he bossed it at all.

Massa could have been driver of the race had he not let a clumsy start and first corner write of his chances and Liuzzi's too. And still lost to Liuzzi, even without Schumacher chopping his nose off.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2711806)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's quite interesting that over on James Allen's blog page, whilst Hamilton leads the way, it is by a much smaller margin and the man in second is Teflonso.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2711807)   #36
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
No, thats right - we all chose Hamilton because we are all crazy sheep

Not because he bossed it at all.

Massa could have been driver of the race had he not let a clumsy start and first corner write of his chances and Liuzzi's too. And still lost to Liuzzi, even without Schumacher chopping his nose off.
Let me say it so. You, and quite frankly a lot more people, made yourself to a pet of the media already. Media says Hamilton is the best, the greatest whatsoever and you are more than happy to repeat the media bs.

My two cents
Old 14 Jun 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2711808)   #37
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I think most people voted for Hamilton because he had an excellent weekend and deservedly won the race , not because of any special media coverage.

You are free to vote for a guy who had a terrible race if you want, just to prove a point.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2711835)   #38
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Let me say it so. You, and quite frankly a lot more people, made yourself to a pet of the media already. Media says Hamilton is the best, the greatest whatsoever and you are more than happy to repeat the media bs.

My two cents
Well, I'll give you one cent for it.

Just because the media like someone, doesn't mean he isn't deserving, or that people follow because of the media. That was a great drive by Hamilton - better than Massa's certainly. I've been a LH fan from before he even came in to F1 - surely, by your rules, that means, in fact, that the media frenzy over LH is really them following ME rather than vica versa?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2711839)   #39
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Very surprised TGF and Webber have so many votes, tbh!

I went with Kovy - I think that's a huge achievement finishing infront of a manufacturer.

Selby
Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2711853)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

My two cents

Old 14 Jun 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2711878)   #41
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2712011)   #42
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Kovalainen. We may not have seen much of it on TV, but the general consensus in the paddock is that it was a bloody good drive.
Agreed. Heikki is a new man this season.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2712054)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I didn't.wouldn't vote for him this time but why is Sutil an option but Liuzzi not, despite the Italian coming back through from the early carnage and beating his more fancied teammate?

He also did a demon move late in the race on the mobile chicane that was a certain M Schumacher.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2712164)   #44
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for me for a completely dominant display over the weekend and not due to the media hype
Old 14 Jun 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2712261)   #45
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hamilton - kept it cool!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2712297)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton is the next Senna....
Old 15 Jun 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2712320)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Lewis Hamilton is the next Senna....
Bruno or Ayrton?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:08 (Ref:2712322)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Ayrton Senna of course!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 06:59 (Ref:2712403)   #49
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went for Lewis. Jensen did well too.
There were many commendable drives.

Debatable driving from MS on more than one occasion. Seen penalties for a lot less.

Well done HK and hard luck Truli.

P
Old 15 Jun 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2712594)   #50
Whosyermon
Rookie

United States
The Oil Coast of Florida
Whosyermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hands down Lewis this race but Jensen was very impressive getting to second.

So... 1-1? I guess this means that US Soccer is now on par with English Soccer...

Doesn't seem to be having much of an effect over here this time... even the disciples of Soccer in America don't seem to have much fight left in them. It was a good battle they fought over the last 5 decades. But the harder they would push America to see Soccer as a Sport the faster we grew, as a Nation, to view it as Day-Care.