Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3949156)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC CADWELL

Formerly the 'Wolds Trophy' meeting in previous years. Moved from usual June date, to the disappointment of many. No FJHRA support due to proximity of the event to Goodwood Revival and Spa 6hrs.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 09:04 (Ref:4002552)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very much looking forward to this weekend at possibly the most spectacular circuits in the UK, good grids by the look of things, FF2000 entry is particlarly strong along with wall to wall FF1600's what's not to like? I'll be making the jaunt up from sunny Sussex, just hope the weather stays fair for everyone.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 17:24 (Ref:4002641)   #3
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be there Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:15 (Ref:4002692)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For some reason the "news feed" on my phone seems to think I want to know about Lincoln and the shire so it keeps sending me news items.

In recent times many of those items have been related to extensive road works that seem to afflict the A46 and associated roads around Lincoln and Newark.

So I thought I would mention it so that people could run their own checks for any possible delays and decide how much water and dried rations to carry with them on the journey.

Just in case.

Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:49 (Ref:4002701)   #5
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Planning my first visit to Cadwell this weekend any advice on where to spectate from etc?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4002704)   #6
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried to get a look at the entries but it seems that you have to be an HSCC member to view.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 22:28 (Ref:4002706)   #7
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...s-Trophy-1.pdf
Old 16 Sep 2020, 06:04 (Ref:4002730)   #8
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
I tried to get a look at the entries but it seems that you have to be an HSCC member to view.
All info available to all on the HSCC website.
https://hscc.org.uk/event/cadwell-pa...-20-september/
Old 16 Sep 2020, 06:17 (Ref:4002733)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Planning my first visit to Cadwell this weekend any advice on where to spectate from etc?

You are in for a treat . Sadly , Hall Bends are off limits as they are accessed via the paddock but for close up action (and you won't believe just how close) the Mountain is amazing , and one of the few places where fast cars take off . For watching racing then the apex of Coppice is terrific - high speed , lots of overtaking and if you position yourself carefully , you can also see overtakes into Mansfield , Charlies and the Mountain from the same spot under the tall trees at Coppice .

But do walk the whole circuit - yoy can still walk all the way from start/ finish to the top of the Mountain .I fell in love with the place in 1975 and I am still besotted.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 07:42 (Ref:4002738)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
But do walk the whole circuit - yoy can still walk all the way from start/ finish to the top of the Mountain .I fell in love with the place in 1975 and I am still besotted.

Definitely have a full walk of the circuit - perhaps during practice sessions - and see where you fancy. There's plenty of space in the Parkland bit of the circuit to park up, sit on a blanket and have a picnic with a good view of a decent amount of the circuit but you will be capable of getting a bit of variety of spots too.

I'll be there all weekend on the Rescue Unit (first historic meeting of the year!) so looking forward to it
Old 16 Sep 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4002802)   #11
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
There have been catering vans in the spectator area at previous events this year. Check with the circuit though to be sure !
Old 16 Sep 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4002880)   #12
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our Historic FF's will be enjoying themselves, one catch-up race from the cancelled Brands one and two races as normal and,...........

The Classic Race Simulators HFF Championship is in a state of flux!
Going in to Cadwell it will be up to young Pierre Livingston to keep ahead with his 62 points from Cam Jackson and Linton Stutely with 56 points apiece. Danny Stanzl will want to make up from his faux par at Brands and stands 4th at 33 points. Without Tom McArthur this time at 28 we have Ross Drybrough and Tim Brise both on 25. After engine problems last time out Matt Wrigley will want to improve on his 22 points.

OUR RADIO CAROLINE O50 Championship …
‘Top of the Pops’ is Tim Brise with 66 points, followed very closely by ‘new’ old boy Ross Drybrough on 65. Paul Unsworth enters the fray with consistency on 37 points for 3rd place and Kevin Stanzl is right on his heels at 36 points. Without problems this time maybe Simon Jackson will be in the action. Ones to watch out for in this category and for the first time this year are Clive Richards and ex-HFF Champ Westie Mitchell, both are more than likely to be in the top group of both Championships…competition Tim & Ross!
It’s close.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:31 (Ref:4002979)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post
Our Historic FF's will be enjoying themselves, one catch-up race from the cancelled Brands one and two races as normal and,...........
Lifeblood of the HSCC for me. there's been some great racing these last few years, top marks to everyone involved
Old 18 Sep 2020, 00:35 (Ref:4003319)   #14
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
All booked and looking forward to the weekend. Added bonus of wandering up to the North Yorkshire Railway on monday for a ride to Whitby.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 07:55 (Ref:4003370)   #15
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
If planes are your thing too, call in to the wonderful Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington , a few miles south of York . It is just about en route from Cadwell to Pickering , and you normally get some action from the adjacent track - Richard Hammond crashing , world record attempts , track days etc
Old 18 Sep 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4003439)   #16
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Thanks Coppice will take a look.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 06:27 (Ref:4005249)   #17
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
So....after what I thought was a wonderful weekend of racing , did everyone , especially first timers, enjoy it as much as I did? I don't think I've ever seen the circuit and the surrounding woodland look better. I frown a little to see that some debris fencing has appeared on Hall Bends but as the paddock was forbidden territory I wasn't able to see it close up.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 08:12 (Ref:4005274)   #18
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only went on Saturday but really enjoyed it though the road closure just north of Louth was a real ball ache with non-existant diversion signs.

The formula fords and FF2000s were great races. Historic Saloons/80s cars had a small grid despite amalgamating but seemed well matched and a great five car dice for second place was entertaining.

I even managed a quick chat with Iain.

It was well organised for the corona thingy and easy to keep a social distance.

Last edited by morninggents; 21 Sep 2020 at 08:18.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 10:54 (Ref:4005314)   #19
ingo
Rookie

ingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, really good to be back in the Lincolnshire Wolds. Well done Cadwell, MSV and the HSCC, and thanks to the likes of Alan Morgan for rounding up so many enthusiastic racers.
I went along on Sunday - as Coppice mentions, the circuit and surrounds looked magnificent - and saw plenty of competitive racing, particularly the FF2000s and FF1600s. Among the highlights for me were Pierre Livingston drifting his Merlyn at speed through The Gooseneck, and Ben Tilley hammering down to The Mountain in his beautiful ex-Keegan March 743, left, right, and powering up over the top; so smooth, and extremely quick.
Jeremy Clark was impressive too in his Elan, as was Kevin Kivlochan, in the later race, fighting through from the back of the grid in the thunderous Cobra.

Regarding that debris fencing up at Hall Bends. Hopefully just at the fast entry? If so, I'm not surprised, because it's an exhilarating, terrifying, and potentially dangerous place to spectate! I take a few steps back sometimes when someone's trying an overtaking move off the top of The Mountain, two cars coming in to the first right flick side by side. Eeek!
Old 21 Sep 2020, 18:14 (Ref:4005415)   #20
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingo View Post
Regarding that debris fencing up at Hall Bends. Hopefully just at the fast entry? If so, I'm not surprised, because it's an exhilarating, terrifying, and potentially dangerous place to spectate! I take a few steps back sometimes when someone's trying an overtaking move off the top of The Mountain, two cars coming in to the first right flick side by side. Eeek!

This photo will give you some idea of the new fence - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...in/dateposted/
Old 21 Sep 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4005424)   #21
ingo
Rookie

ingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
This photo will give you some idea of the new fence - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...in/dateposted/
Thanks, David. Can we see the far end of the fencing in your photo, or does it go on further?
Old 21 Sep 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4005427)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Hmm.

That's a shame.

Not only was that a great location it was also very popular. So even if the fence does not continue much further out of sight the snappery fans that persist will be battling for considerably less track side real estate.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 06:53 (Ref:4005503)   #23
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm in that photo! I can confirm that the fencing ends around where it disappears from view in the picture. To be honest it doesn't really detract from viewing but would obviously get in the way of people wishing to take photos.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4005638)   #24
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
So....after what I thought was a wonderful weekend of racing , did everyone , especially first timers, enjoy it as much as I did? I don't think I've ever seen the circuit and the surrounding woodland look better. I frown a little to see that some debris fencing has appeared on Hall Bends but as the paddock was forbidden territory I wasn't able to see it close up.
Hi Coppice thoroughly enjoyed our weekend there it lived up to expectations. Folk were very friendly there only grumble was the poor food offering with one Burger van selling overpriced and crap quality food.
NYMR up to Whitby on Monday was enjoyable although I was rather clapped out when we finally got home last night.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 16:36 (Ref:4005641)   #25
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Hi Coppice thoroughly enjoyed our weekend there it lived up to expectations. Folk were very friendly there only grumble was the poor food offering with one Burger van selling overpriced and crap quality food.
NYMR up to Whitby on Monday was enjoyable although I was rather clapped out when we finally got home last night.
Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the incredibly close-up viewing area at Hall Bends next time!