Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Apr 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3528176)   #1
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SPA SUMMER CLASSIC, 26, 27, 28 JUNE 2015.

SPA SUMMER CLASSIC, 26, 27, 28 JUNE 2015.

I am surprised to see no posts or comments about this great clubman meeting, has it dropped off the radar?. A very weak Euro makes it real value for UK entrants this year.

Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club will be there in strength for the Spa Ardennes Challenge races, which always attract an eclectic grid of classic sports and GT cars. We have historically done well in this race, with 5 outright wins in the past 6 years. CRDC members will again race for our Perpetual Challenge Cup. In addition, this year a Magnum of Champagne will be awarded to the 9S driver who beats the previous fastest lap set by Andy Feigenwinter in 2011 at 2.41.543.

Qualifying: 30 mins on Friday, June 26
Race 1: 40 mins on Saturday, June 27
Race 2: 40 mins on Sunday, June 27

Race entry fee: €720 or £560

Visit us on:www.crossle-rdc.com, or in the Endurance boxes on the circuit.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3528223)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I was keen as mustard to do this Pietr has a great offer to race, unfortunately it's a long weekend in the middle of school term and my mechanic isn't allowed the time off. The schools here are now fining parents for taking kids out, £60 per day per parent!

I could understand that if we were taking him somewhere stupid like Disneyland, but a race weekend at spa is a cultured educational experience.
Old 27 Jun 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3554201)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it's in full swing, and guess what- weather at Spa is 'changeable'!

First time I've been to the meeting, and as Eamonn says, a huge cross section of European club motor sport in the paddock.

Seen MG David with shiny camper and MGZS, and Dave gt6's TVR. This is a chilling weekend for me, just as well considering the struggle to get here earlier in the week!
Old 29 Jun 2015, 10:30 (Ref:3554672)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Just back from a great weekend which is a regular for me since whether you race with Pieter's Legendary Circuits, CSCC, the current incarnation of Barry's Ardennes Challenge, or any of the others, it offers extraordinary good value on arguably one of the very best circuits in Europe. 26 degrees and sunny most of the time - the only daytime rain was a brief shower on lap 1 of my first race; something brought out the SC on lap 2 and by the time the incident was cleared a dry line had appeared thankfully. Good to spend a relaxing time with friends old and new - the car never missed a beat and we managed a class win due to my new 2nd driver (who is normally quick in a Caterham).
Now to check the car over ready for the Club360 6 hours this weekend :-)
Old 29 Jun 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3554676)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which race were you in? Glad it went so well, how was being a Team Principal for the weekend? Next step is when you don't race at all, another step into the unknown...
Old 29 Jun 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3554704)   #6
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
CSCC InterSeries.
Race 2 was a real curate's egg. Had an absolute blast for 3 laps before two separate cars laid oil all around the place. A very long SC while much sand and cement was spread lead to indecision on the pitwall and by the time I was called in for driver change we'd missed the pit window which cost a 2-lap penalty so ended up nowhere. C'est la vie.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3554707)   #7
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to have missed Mike, I was not aware that he was down for the meeting.

We had visits from lots of folks at our Endurance boxes where the Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club just completed the first round of our 2015 European Crosslé 9S Challenge. CRDC brought 9 cars to the grid of over 70 entrants for the 2 Spa Ardennes Challenge 40 mins races. Mark Hobbs took 1st place overall in the first race, which gave him pole position in race 2. John Taylor, with canny pit stop planning, took an excellent 2nd position in that race. Celebrations continued into the small hours at our usual haunt, Le Relais de Pommard.

Our 9S cars have been very successful at Spa Summer Classic, taking 6 outright wins and several 2nd and 3rd places in the past 7 years, always against strong opposition.

Next European tour will be to Dijon in early October and I am hoping to take 9 or 10 cars along.