Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Nov 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4014865)   #251
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
You are right about the hybrid factor.
Old 4 Nov 2020, 20:04 (Ref:4014899)   #252
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
If that happens, ushering Plato into a quiet retirement without ITV fawning all over him any more will be one of the few positives of the corona virus
Cutting!

TBH, I do wonder if JP will be back: his backing required hospitality provision. I genuinely do not see next spring into early summer being much different from now virus wise. So unless Governments decide they've being talking b0110cks and that we should spread the lurgy and get on with life (and death) then we'll be locked up in our rabbit hutches mostly. So that knackers that. The other possibility is Mr Deal himself finds alternate backing where stickers on a car is enough to satisfy the backer. If JP can't work up a deal then God help the rest of the grid.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4014964)   #253
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
100% agree - if anyone can find a way, it will be JP that does it.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 11:35 (Ref:4014971)   #254
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
There are some rules around this type of promotion. It's not strictly a raffle, there has to be a test of skill involved, so to enter you need to answer a quiz question. It's a HARD question, but not a hard question - Who is Managing Director at Team HARD. Racing?

There also has to be an option for a free entry, which is cunningly disguised as white text on a white background! Just get 5000 of your closest friends to send in a postcard to ensure all the tickets are taken.
If anyone has a spare £20 rather than enter the Team HARD raffle could I politely suggest sending it to the aid of Colin Turner who was seriously injured in the Walter Hayes Trophy last week and has a Just Giving page set up.....
Old 5 Nov 2020, 14:39 (Ref:4015011)   #255
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Gilham tried that with the S2000 Vectra several years ago. That all went quiet after a while.
It went quiet because Ian Harrison booted Tony out of the team when his cheque bounced and he sent Tony's email into the spam folder. Gilham never owned the car to be raffled in the first place.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:34 (Ref:4015030)   #256
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/566727566/p...8630264267567/

Sounds like Ciceley may be out...
Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:36 (Ref:4015032)   #257
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be a massive shame if that was the case, they’ve always done well against the better budget teams. Wonder where Morgan would go?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4015038)   #258
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or simply car change ?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4015039)   #259
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wonder where Morgan would go?
Ciceley is Morgan. No Ciceley, no Morgan.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:07 (Ref:4015042)   #260
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Morgan has shown enough talent that he could find another berth, providing he has the backing
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:15 (Ref:4015044)   #261
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many times does it have to be said that it is not about talent. Morgan is on the grid because he has the money to be on the grid and chooses to do so through his own team. A choice he has made for six years now.

It's not impossible that he would choose to spend his money to drive for another team, but it's not likely.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 18:27 (Ref:4015054)   #262
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Keep calm Tool! Although I know it’s frustrating that others are so innocent...

Yes, Cicely is Morgan’s Dad, and a Merc Commercial dealer.

I think for them, like a lot, it’s all about hospitality so there must be a lot of challenges and problems.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 19:22 (Ref:4015061)   #263
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
or simply car change ?
That’s what I think. There’s been rumours in the pit lane about a new car for them for 2021. The A class has had a bit of a resurgence this season but it’s more than a tad long in the tooth isn’t it?

Hopefully nothing worrying about the upcoming race weekend or the 2021 season.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4015078)   #264
S griffin
Veteran

If they do decide to ditch the Merc I wonder what they switch to? Something old or something new?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 21:40 (Ref:4015080)   #265
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully this 'cryptic message' of Ciceley will be just a farewell to Mercedes A and confirmation of a car change. However, given tight budgets in BTCC, often relying on hospitality, I'm afraid the BTCC may be unrecognisable in 2021. The pandemic won't stop next year and everyone will be touched by it but most of the BTCC teams seem too fragile. Hopefully I'm only just over-pessimistic here.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 21:42 (Ref:4015084)   #266
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If they do decide to ditch the Merc I wonder what they switch to? Something old or something new?
A Mercedes saloon? Anything suitable though? I did wonder about another pair of RWD saloon cars...BMW or Infiniti perhaps?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 21:43 (Ref:4015087)   #267
S griffin
Veteran

Could do. Or maybe a Ford? They could do quite well with them
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:01 (Ref:4015091)   #268
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
A Mercedes saloon? Anything suitable though? I did wonder about another pair of RWD saloon cars...BMW or Infiniti perhaps?
Having seen the success of Oliphant moving to a RWD saloon, and Laser Tools switching to a RWD saloon, then I would imagine a C-Class might be an option to consider?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:16 (Ref:4015096)   #269
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Having seen the success of Oliphant moving to a RWD saloon, and Laser Tools switching to a RWD saloon, then I would imagine a C-Class might be an option to consider?
Makes sense to me.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4015097)   #270
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or cheaply the OLD Infinitis
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:32 (Ref:4015098)   #271
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
A Class saloon will probably offer better aero than the hatch and is a fairly short by today's standards car. I could see this being a thing.

I still believe a good FWD car can match an RWD car over a season.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4015100)   #272
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
or cheaply the OLD Infinitis
I wouldn't imagine that is likely.

They're not viable as a competitive car, hence the redesign by Laser/BMR.

Plus, Ciceley previously put a block on Laser doing any development on the A-Class, so I can't imagine A1 would allow Ciceley to develop the 2014 Q50s.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 22:36 (Ref:4015101)   #273
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
A Class saloon will probably offer better aero than the hatch and is a fairly short by today's standards car. I could see this being a thing.
True, but isn't the C-Class closer in length to the 2 cars leading the championship this season?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 23:04 (Ref:4015106)   #274
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
If anyone has a spare £20 rather than enter the Team HARD raffle could I politely suggest sending it to the aid of Colin Turner who was seriously injured in the Walter Hayes Trophy last week and has a Just Giving page set up.....
What happened here?

A quick google has revealed zippidy squat about it, perhaps a sad indication on how far FFord has fallen since its glory days
(Though the FFestival had a live stream so that at least wants to slightly play ball with the modern world.
If the WHT had one too, I couldn't find it)

I know people don't tend to want to elaborate around crashes if they end up being serious but considering there is little other information, maybe a bit more detail will help explain exactly what happened?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 23:14 (Ref:4015108)   #275
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
What happened here?

A quick google has revealed zippidy squat about it, perhaps a sad indication on how far FFord has fallen since its glory days
(Though the FFestival had a live stream so that at least wants to slightly play ball with the modern world.
If the WHT had one too, I couldn't find it)

I know people don't tend to want to elaborate around crashes if they end up being serious but considering there is little other information, maybe a bit more detail will help explain exactly what happened?
https://www.autosport.com/national/n...er-hayes-crash