Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Dec 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3869166)   #726
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
But the 2019 car hasn't even turned a wheel, yet! So how can we know if it's a better car?
We can’t know. Although it’s a fair guess from S griffin. Maybe the installation ruins it or he design team forget to add the new front wing? Chances are it is relatively better.
Old 23 Dec 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3872098)   #727
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
If bottas is broken, it happened when the interviewer post race said Toto Wolff called him the perfect wingman and bottas said that hurt and that they'd have to address that later. That was brutal.

I'm not convinced Gasly will be any less of a hothead than max. He's had some moments this year where he seems a bit of an ads too. You can see such a difference in temperaments between him and leclerc over their radio messages. Leclerc is always much more calm and cool. My money would he on him being the better of the two, unless Gasly is on max's level of otherworldliness.
Old 23 Dec 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3872110)   #728
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The most stupid part of this silly season is Ocon is without a grid place.
Old 23 Dec 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3872160)   #729
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
…. and Bottas still has a Mercedes seat.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 06:10 (Ref:3872186)   #730
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
'Biggest part of the sport (auto racing in general) is not on the track.

jimclark
Old 24 Dec 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3872211)   #731
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Bottas should be ok if he continues to get backing from Toto, but if he doesn't perform, can't see him staying beyond 2019
Old 24 Dec 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3872213)   #732
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All he has to do is play support to Lewis, help Merc to win the WCC and he'll satisfy Toto.....
Old 24 Dec 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3872253)   #733
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Isn't that's because Bottas's role is Lewis's wingman?

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 24 Dec 2018 at 14:52.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3872283)   #734
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
All he has to do is play support to Lewis, help Merc to win the WCC and he'll satisfy Toto.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Isn't that's because Bottas's role is Lewis's wingman?
In a heartbeat, I'd take a contract to do the same.

jimclark
Old 24 Dec 2018, 21:19 (Ref:3872304)   #735
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too. Still can't work out why they haven't asked me........
Old 26 Dec 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3872502)   #736
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Eddie Irvine did a great job as "wingman" at Ferrari and admitted it!
Set him up for life financially....

But I do think Bottas is under enormous strain in the first 5 races to perform right behind Lewis as Ocon will be sat next to Toto watching the screens telling him how much cheaper he will be..
Old 26 Dec 2018, 22:31 (Ref:3872531)   #737
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Are you good at picking up girls?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Dec 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3872533)   #738
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Are you good at picking up girls?
Why would he? Ayse's too busy being driven by James!
(If you don't get it, 'all the better. )

jimclark
Old 28 Dec 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3872776)   #739
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
More from Toto, buyers regret?

Bottas must justify his seat in 2019.

https://racer.com/2018/12/25/bottas-...l-most-popular

Starting to grease the skids?
Old 28 Dec 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3872779)   #740
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems that they can’t just put all their eggs in one basket with Hamilton and need a good backup
Old 28 Dec 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3872835)   #741
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems that they can’t just put all their eggs in one basket with Hamilton and need a good backup
Let's see...WDC and WCC 5 years in a row? I think I wouldn't change strategy.

jimclark
Old 28 Dec 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3872842)   #742
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bottas feels like a bit of a rosberg situation. the people who think he’s not up to the job arent the people making the decisions...
Old 28 Dec 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3872880)   #743
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
bottas feels like a bit of a rosberg situation. the people who think he’s not up to the job arent the people making the decisions...
Problem is that someone who IS up to the job would put them back into the same situation they had with Rosberg and Hamilton which Mercedes found hard to manage and arguably destabilized Lewis.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Dec 2018, 00:18 (Ref:3872915)   #744
S griffin
Veteran

The big difference is Rosberg was consistently up there, whereas Bottas tends to have a few too many off days
Old 31 Dec 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3873247)   #745
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Not sure Bottas has had the full rub of the green over a season yet...

The signs were there early this year that he was plenty good enough performance wise. Understandably he got deflated by Lewis pace and team decisions later on.

I think he might well need to leave Merc anyway if he is too give himself the chance to shine in his own right.

Leave the best team to maintain competitive dignity for a lesser car or stay put driving the best car with little chance of getting the full benefit?

Tricky.
Old 31 Dec 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3873258)   #746
S griffin
Veteran

Bottas did have bad luck last season, but his reputation was severely dented by not keeping pace with Lewis
Old 1 Jan 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3873466)   #747
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Not strictly relevant now, but be interesting to see if the demise of Ghosn at Renault (who sign has an impact on their F1 commitment in the short term and perhaps puts their 2019 performance in sharper focus and scrutiny?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3873478)   #748
S griffin
Veteran

Ricciardo will be hoping not
Old 19 Jan 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3877104)   #749
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Management drama at Renault F1...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/formula1/46924987

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...leaves-renault

Maybe somehow related to the Ghosn drama?

Richard
Old 22 Jan 2019, 22:27 (Ref:3877809)   #750
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder... if we could find someone who would pay us $1 for every news story/click bait in the offseason proclaiming how orgasmically wonderful the new Honda engine is, or how much better Dr Marko believes Mr Verstappen is than Mr Ricciardo

I think it could probably fund a full house F1 team...

That said, Melbourne will stop the rhetoric and rubbish, and we can see how much better the Benz is than the field this year
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House