Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jan 2019, 04:48 (Ref:3874224)   #701
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
and the feedback was often not well received.
That mirrors my experience, flagged an issue I was having with the timeliness of the podcasts appearing via iTunes, and got told like it or lump it. Not even a hint of considering their supporters.
Moved away and have found plenty of alternatives closer to my interests. Have now included some of the Marshall and Graham content in that list.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3874352)   #702
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts300 View Post
That mirrors my experience, flagged an issue I was having with the timeliness of the podcasts appearing via iTunes, and got told like it or lump it. Not even a hint of considering their supporters.

I think they try to do there best. Their travel schedule is usually insane and JH have a rough time last year.

If the podcast for MWM doesn't go up soon after the show, part of it loses it's currency as a weekend preview. By Friday you are likely listening to the event.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3896798)   #703
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see that Mobil 1 Radio Le Mans is confirmed again for this year both at the track and online.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3896803)   #704
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I see that Mobil 1 Radio Le Mans is confirmed again for this year both at the track and online.
Le Mans would not be the same without it.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3896841)   #705
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's for sure..... I mean, we couldn't have RLM going AWOL like a certain Mr Jones, could we.....?
Old 11 Apr 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3896848)   #706
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's for sure..... I mean, we couldn't have RLM going AWOL like a certain Mr Jones, could we.....?
I seem to remember someone with that name a long time ago being at a meeting or two
Old 12 Apr 2019, 01:09 (Ref:3896917)   #707
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not unexpected, but good news nonetheless.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3896947)   #708
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I seem to remember someone with that name a long time ago being at a meeting or two
One day hopefully I will retrurn.....
Old 12 Apr 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3896998)   #709
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
One day hopefully I will retrurn.....
Soon i hope
Old 16 Apr 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3897928)   #710
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It really stresses me that this needs announcing; it implies that the situation changes year-to-year and there is a prospect of RLM not happening one year.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3897944)   #711
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I think RLM is a big enough deal that somebody would turn up to sponsor them in all likelihood. Even if it fell through one year, the team would surely go anyway, as they did for at least a decade (and a half? Two?) before they brought partners on board.

It does surprise me that the contract is apparently still rolling annually, despite the benefits it has brought to both parties. I assume that's come from Mobil 1 being prudent/cautious more than anything else.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3898054)   #712
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although in the past RLM was somewhat of a once a year hobby but now it is how they earn their living by commentating on multiple series on multiple continents, so they can't really turn up and do it gratis. (Do it for free once and everyone will expect it free forever).

(I'd gladly chip in for an RLM crowdfunder, but I don't think they'd ever do that.)
Old 20 Apr 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3898745)   #713
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I think RLM is a big enough deal that somebody would turn up to sponsor them in all likelihood. Even if it fell through one year, the team would surely go anyway, as they did for at least a decade (and a half? Two?) before they brought partners on board.
It was never running without commercial partners. When it started it was sponsored by Jaguar, then by Autosport (who sold the sponsorship on to others, like Bentley and Corvette some years), then Gulf and most recently Mobil 1. I may have missed some too.

Don't underestimate how much it costs to do something like RLM: There's absolutely no likelihood that they would do it if there were no commercial partners.
Old 26 May 2019, 22:56 (Ref:3906204)   #714
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Class preview dates

Thu Jun 6 8PM BST - I (probably LMGTE)
Fri Jun 7 8PM BST - II (probably LMP2)
Sat Jun 8 8PM BST - III (probably LMP1)
Tue Jun 11 8PM BST - RTLM
Old 27 May 2019, 02:52 (Ref:3906226)   #715
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Never have brought a radio to the testday before, so I don't know:
Will Radio Le Mans be broadcasting the testday on June 2nd at the circuit on 91.2 FM, or will it be internet only?
Old 27 May 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3906269)   #716
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure Vincent as I've never been. Need to check with Simon or Ian as they've often been to test day. I suspect that Trussers will be at the Woking Data Centre.
Old 27 May 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3906287)   #717
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think it is internet only, certainly for the english radio le maans, might be radio in french.
Old 28 May 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3906474)   #718
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the past the testday has been internet only. Although with there not being much of a crowd at the circuit you should be able to get a decent 4G signal and stream the commentary.
Old 28 May 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3906495)   #719
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
In the past the testday has been internet only. Although with there not being much of a crowd at the circuit you should be able to get a decent 4G signal and stream the commentary.
Yes i would agree, lower numbers at the test day should mean internet access will be much easier
Old 2 Jun 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3907464)   #720
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Never have brought a radio to the testday before, so I don't know:
Will Radio Le Mans be broadcasting the testday on June 2nd at the circuit on 91.2 FM, or will it be internet only?
91.2 FM it is!
Old 2 Jun 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3907486)   #721
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Woo, thanks for the update. Good for the people at the track.

When you ask Alexa to put on Radio Le Mans Mans has to be said as the incorrect plural of grown up boys.

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Jun 2019 at 12:08.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3907488)   #722
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JP needs a partner, need more voices
Old 2 Jun 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3907498)   #723
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It needs Graham Goodwin, he checked in for few minutes but that's enough

Hopefully he'll be back for the class previews next week, but I'm not holding my breath on that as he's not really been part of the team anymore for ages
Old 2 Jun 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3907506)   #724
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Paul Truswell has joined as he's got back from Paul Ricard. Although, if I remember rightly, that is one of the things you don't like so won't have improved things for you.

Paul has also mentioned that he was involved in the previews.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3907509)   #725
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I forgot to say, I got a little bit giddy when She Sells Sanctuary came on.