Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Dec 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3872300)   #3526
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (169).png
Views:	2
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	52338
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Dec 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3872301)   #3527
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Jose Feliciano! One of my favourites...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtuVP8Mj4o
Old 24 Dec 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3872302)   #3528
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John T - when I started racing you spent a lot of time writing race reports for (and photographing) meetings that would otherwise have passed unnoticed, and I was hugely encouraged early on when you wrote that I 'should be finishing in the top ten'.

I hope you haven't been too disapointed down the years as, alas, that has not often been achieved! However, very pleased to hear that you are now settled in a lovely part of the country and look forward to seeing you next year......have a great Christmas

Oh, and everyone else too
Old 25 Dec 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3872316)   #3529
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As the Big Day is finally here - Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm just leaning out of the window to see if reindeer really know how to fly. Here at Attaq Towers we've had our Christmas meal so the day itself will be spent in peaceful oblivion. I hope yours will be as peaceful/exciting as you wish for.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Dec 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3872324)   #3530
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
As the Big Day is finally here - Merry Christmas everyone! I'm just leaning out of the window to see if reindeer really know how to fly.
I dont appreciate to be the messenger with bad news but someone has to tell you… Yes, they do can fly because those are Chinese drones!
Just hope for all of you that Santa will be an endless "continuation".
Merry christmas!
Old 25 Dec 2018, 06:54 (Ref:3872329)   #3531
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
“Drone detection systems can now be used across UK, says minister”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8698631.html

What did we say about shutting the stable door after the horse had bolted?

Happy Christmas to all! ‘Carols from Kings’ CD playing at this very moment, and hope nos amis across the channel will be impressed that our supper is to be.... boeuf bourguignon!

Old 25 Dec 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3872332)   #3532
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good morning, and a vert Happy, Peaceful, and a Blessed Christmas to each and everyone on Tenths.

I am of to Mass at St. Joseph's, and will drop in a word for you all with the Birthday Boy.

Off to Cambridge for dinner with daughter Melanie.

God Bless you all.
Bob.
Old 25 Dec 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3872339)   #3533
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Roll on new year and spring . I’m somewhere in North Wales having driven up late last night . Delta dog been very grumpy and at 5 am took an instant dislike to the nieces kids and woke the whole house barking and growling . Excellent excuse to get up and have a cuppa . I am very sorry to hear some sad news from some of you, I can only wish you well with my thoughts and trust 2019 will bring better times .
Old 25 Dec 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3872343)   #3534
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good morning, all, many thanks for all your lovely responses and my sincerest condolences to John.

No tellings off, Iain, certainly not in my current frame of mind and Colin, kind words and certainly no disappointments, except for perhaps the fact that you sold the Jaguar S type! Thank you, Bob, too, for your thoughts. Oh, and thanks to Peter, the Honourable Mallett (yes, I lay claim to naming him that) for keeping a paternal eye on us (!).

I suppose, I must, with a tad of embarrassment, add that I treated myself to an early Christmas present. Since I could no longer afford to buy a house, and thanks to Jackie making it unnecessary to rent, I have acquired an Aston DB7 Vantage, so one of my few remaining aspirations fulfilled.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Dec 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3872344)   #3535
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
and hope nos amis across the channel will be impressed that our supper is to be.... boeuf bourguignon!
Impressed, Mike??? Those are few words this news almost killed the cat.

Our inventors invent so many things they forget to invent why they are inventing. WTH? I'm pleased to announce two new detectors imagined, realized and to much proudly made in France.
First one is the famous DHD, Dick Head Detector, tested in restricted sensitive area - jardins de l'Elysée- immediately approved. Inconvenient, flying above our country gives too many informations. Have to fix that.
Then is the SAD, Smart Ass Detector, seams working only flying above one and only one foreign country.
I wonder why the first clients are… English! Any idea?
Old 25 Dec 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3872345)   #3536
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well my dad couldn't have started worse,a headache at about 5 in the morning that was centred around my eye.Not bad eh.

I got the Motorsport Magazines 80's f1 calendar.Its blooming huge.Certainly need to redo my wall and stuff.Its nice though.I might even be getting work experience there.👍.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Will
Old 25 Dec 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3872348)   #3537
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place

Your part of the world being much faster and always running ahead, let me wish you a Happy New Year… E.B!
Old 25 Dec 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3872352)   #3538
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Name:	merry-christmas-animated_all_things_personalised_2010.gif
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	52339
Old 25 Dec 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3872357)   #3539
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!

Name:	Christmas.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	983.2 KB
ID:	52341
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Dec 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3872363)   #3540
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Your part of the world being much faster and always running ahead, let me wish you a Happy New Year… E.B!
Merci Gérard!

Yes, our Christmas is over and done..... Had a couple of friends come over for a Primarily Australian Red lunch, and with reference to mes amis Française I served a big wheel of Camembert with garlic and cranberry thrown in. Basically more food and wine followed, and friends gone I sat down to watch TV, but fell asleep on the sofa and have just woken up. So a jolly day, although yesterday started with dramas when I woke up with my eye puffed up and swollen... phone call to my Doc surgery and was told no appointments available with any Doc until Thursday.

Rang my local Hospital and they warned of minimum 4 hour delays, so I jumped in the car and drove to my Docs practice, went in and basically showed my eye and demanded attention. 10 minutes later I left having seen a Dr, who did a few tests, couldn't say what it was but gave me a prescription for antibiotics and said to go to hospital if it got worse.

Started the antibiotics, woke up Xmas morning no change. Good news is 18 hours later it is probably slightly less inflamed but certainly less red in colour and no worse.

So my conclusion is drink more red wine and eat Camembert and you will be cured. (Of course there is some thought the antibiotics may have helped.)

Back to the Docs on Thursday for an update and some more tests.

Blah blah blah. Sorry to "drone" on as they say. That will be the antibiotics fault.

Anyway, trust you have all had /still having a great Xmas day and all the best to all for a Safe Healthy and Happy 2019.

Enjoyed reading all your contributions, not only in this thread, and have learnt a lot in the Historic section from you all. And such a friendly, welcoming and international environment.
Old 25 Dec 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3872365)   #3541
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy christmas to all.

In Florida for first time on Christmas day this year. Just spent a couple of hours in the low 80s sunshine. Feels strange. About to go indoors to prepare 'typically english' Xmas lunch for some US friends. Even found sprouts in the local supermarket but we had to bring our own xmas pud and crackers over with us as the yanks didn't understand what we meant. Will have to do without any festive cheer until after they have gone as one of them is a recovering alcoholic.

Condolences to JE - you've had a bad end to the year.

Congratulations to JT.

Good to see some youth on here - I hope your course goes well, Will.
Old 25 Dec 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3872369)   #3542
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
but we had to bring our own xmas pud and crackers over with us

You were lucky Peter.
The last time we tried to bring crackers out they were deemed as explosives and security took them away. I bet they never have to buy anything for their own Christmas
Old 25 Dec 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3872370)   #3543
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on E.B, as my almost deaf would say, "happy to hear that, glad you're fine, congrats for your eyes, love the color"!!!
Mind you, part of your roots might be France related if not located explaining why you still dont want to read the owner's manual prior to use. An example may be? Lets go about camembert cheese. They are sent from here "as is" but if your location is Australia, NZ or Luton you must be careful. Put the fookin camembert on a fookin plate. Then return the fookin camembert, not the fookin plate. Before eating the first f-slice, return yourself and place your f-feet on the f-ceiling after having removed any electric f-wire. This is important… Would you like to drink a f-glass of f-wine you have the f-choice of drinking either f-feet on the f-floor or f-feet on the f-ceiling which is good for your f-stomach! I got this from an American f-buddy! I'm not responsible for any f-inconvenient, 'f course!
Old 25 Dec 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3872371)   #3544
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
You were lucky Peter.
What you say ? Christmas pudding is explosive… Before or after? When answering please speak loud, last Christmas when at john an explosion made my deaf, ya no……… Cracking pudding!
Old 25 Dec 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3872376)   #3545
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Happy christmas to all.

In Florida for first time on Christmas day this year. Just spent a couple of hours in the low 80s sunshine. Feels strange. About to go indoors to prepare 'typically english' Xmas lunch for some US friends. Even found sprouts in the local supermarket but we had to bring our own xmas pud and crackers over with us as the yanks didn't understand what we meant. Will have to do without any festive cheer until after they have gone as one of them is a recovering alcoholic.

Condolences to JE - you've had a bad end to the year.

Congratulations to JT.

Good to see some youth on here - I hope your course goes well, Will.
Its been good so far,I'll continue to post updates when I do something in the Workshop (a Thursday).

My auntie has just put up her ford ka for sale.Immediately I though of the new MSVR EnduroKa series😃.

Our dinner today was interruped by some ******* idiot setting off fireworks across the street.WHY?

Anyway been a good day .

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did or more.

Will
Old 26 Dec 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3872394)   #3546
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Anyone needing a completely non Xmas, non politics, non sporting few minutes, this is an interesting read. “Starlite, the mysterious material that could not burn......”

https://www.historicmysteries.com/st...ermal-barrier/
Old 26 Dec 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3872395)   #3547
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quite fascinating. The idea of covering an egg with Starlite is absolutely brilliant. I couldn't even dream about an everlasting omelette…
Old 26 Dec 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3872398)   #3548
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just seems amazing that if ‘Starlite’ was that good, the tech has not been used. Or was it all a hoax? Questions- so many questions.......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3872406)   #3549
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just seems amazing that if ‘Starlite’ was that good, the tech has not been used. Or was it all a hoax? Questions- so many questions.......
Send one million pounds to my Lagos PO box and I'll give you the formulae !
Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3872412)   #3550
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehe.... we have a Starlight Foundation here in Aus., and terminally ill kids can send wishes to Captain Starlight.... not sure he can repel 10,000C heat though.
https://starlight.org.au/

Last edited by E.B; 26 Dec 2018 at 10:49.
Closed Thread