Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Apr 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2870751)   #51
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Also, judging from the videos from the test day, both Fords please, simply for the sound.
This.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2870755)   #52
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love this car, the team, and the real effort they have put in over the years toward making a competitive program. I really hope they can get their pro entry as I would love to actually see it on the broadcasts of the race not to mention the sound of any racing ford GT has been epic so far.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2870762)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really want to see the 2nd Robertson car in as well, but I just don't know which gt car would drop out of LM this year. Anybody want to take a guess?
Old 27 Apr 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2870764)   #54
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I heard Graham Tyler's interview with Robertsons, and Andrea said (or believed) there's only one year of homologation left for the Doran Fords. Here's one hoping that Ford - as a factory - starts to pay more attention to GT2 racing.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2870765)   #55
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I really want to see the 2nd Robertson car in as well, but I just don't know which gt car would drop out of LM this year. Anybody want to take a guess?
Most likely in my view would be JMB (the #83 car), their Le Mans seems the most pay-driver-centric. I thought Luxury Racing might be tempted to pull one of their entries, but from their testing performance I'd say both entries are worthwhile.

Otherwise... Kraihamer and de Crem are both in other LMP entries, so Boutsen Energy's reserve entry is probably scratched, so we'd need 2 LMP drop-outs in that event to promote Kronos and the second Robertson car. (If one reserve list is gone and there are withdrawals with entries left on the other reserve list, I think that they are promoted to the entry list)
Old 27 Apr 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2870769)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Most likely in my view would be JMB (the #83 car), their Le Mans seems the most pay-driver-centric. I thought Luxury Racing might be tempted to pull one of their entries, but from their testing performance I'd say both entries are worthwhile.

I was thinking maybe the only way the ford could get in would be for a car to be heavily damaged at Spa - but budget could be a good reason too.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2870811)   #57
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Also, judging from the videos from the test day, both Fords please, simply for the sound.
Yep, I meant to mention that, the more noise the better. Plus, the Robertson's have put a lot of money into this program, they keep going and keep making progress-and didn't take the easy way by buying a Porsche or red car. Best of luck to them and I hope they get a great result or two.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2870870)   #58
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
All drivers got their laps in. It was a bit of nail biter for David. Now just waiting to hear if the GT-Pro car (#69) gets into the race.

Excellent news, thanks. I hope to see both cars in as well - to see a real independent effort like that from an American team is great, and I really wish to see them do well.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2870936)   #59
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope the two of them get to race .

The race is oversubscribed with Porsche and Fiat ..... be great to see the 2 cars in .

They look cool , sound brilliant and they deserve it .
Old 28 Apr 2011, 05:35 (Ref:2871013)   #60
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I heard Graham Tyler's interview with Robertsons, and Andrea said (or believed) there's only one year of homologation left for the Doran Fords. Here's one hoping that Ford - as a factory - starts to pay more attention to GT2 racing.

Well I was reading an article a month or so ago, and Ford is developing a new supercar or (next-gen Ford GT). No word on when the new GT will be launched.

Maybe they are waiting for this car to be launched, and hit the streets. Then they may do a Sport Car Racing program...
Old 28 Apr 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2871159)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would be great to see Ford continue the GT for years. It obviously has pace with a good setup, good tires and the right folks behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
The race is oversubscribed with Beetle and Fiat cars in .
Corrected it.

In all seriousness, this is why I pull for people like the Robertsons and the Ford GT (even though it is a Ford); they bring so much more flavor and parity the production classes.

And besides, it is a FACT that the Fords sound terrific, much better than Fiats and Beetles.

Wish them the best and hope both cars make the dance.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2871274)   #62
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMAO ..... at least you left the Fiat bit there .

While i like the sound of the Ford , I also think the Porsche sound brilliant . I guess its all about variety of sound . And as we will be missing Spyket this year , it would be nice to see the 2nd Ford get in . We havent seen a GT2 ford at Le Mans yet either .
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2898055)   #63
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a fantastic effort by this "plucky little team" for achieving a podium in GTE-AM. They were the darling of the Top Gear Le Mans Blog. And a Ford GT beat a Ferrari once again at Le Mans.

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|15851

http://www.michelinalley.com/?p=5530
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2898070)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

3rd place , on their wedding anniversary , and Mr let the Missis take the flag ..... if that aint scoring brownie points , I dont know what is !!!

Absolutly delighted for them ..... brilliant result from a plucky little team .
Old 13 Jun 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2898126)   #65
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for you guys.....nice people.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2898184)   #66
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really nice to see a Corvette and a GT-40 on the podium in the GT-Am Class. Nice job by Mr. & Mrs. Robertson and Mr. Murray. They showed how to just keep running and to persevere.

DK
Old 13 Jun 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2898189)   #67
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great finish for the Robertson Racing Ford GT. They only had 1 problem with that car, and that was the gearbox. Other than the flat tire....

But 12 laps down, and still pulled off a 3rd place finish. Just goes to show you, to NEVER give up at Le Mans.

I would love to see a GT2 Ford GT built by Matech Competition, to race at Le Mans. But I believe last I herd, Matech Competition filed for bankruptcy. Im sure that plan was on the table, but not anymore...
Old 14 Jun 2011, 04:33 (Ref:2898547)   #68
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was good for the memories. Some thngs never die. Great race.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 05:43 (Ref:2898556)   #69
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best story of the race.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2898571)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
3rd place , on their wedding anniversary , and Mr let the Missis take the flag ..... if that aint scoring brownie points , I dont know what is !!!

Absolutly delighted for them ..... brilliant result from a plucky little team .
Hear, hear. Wonderful result for the Robertsons. Speaking of brownie points he may have seen the speed tv interview of his wife when she was talking about what she was going to do for him to celebrate their anniversary when they got back home, something about a really nice meal and a high back chair.

Congrats to them.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2898698)   #71
The Badger
Veteran

Good ..... hope they enjoy it .

Sad that their 2nd chassis didnt get in , especially when you take a look at what Aston Martin accomplished .

They have one year of homologation on the Ford , according to Andrea Robertson , so hopefully we will see them again next year .

If they apply for an entry , Im sure they will get in .
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:53 (Ref:2898701)   #72
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If they apply for an entry , Im sure they will get in .
I'd be astounded and disappointed if they continue running two cars and don't get both cars in the entry straight away next year.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2898714)   #73
The Badger
Veteran

1 in Pro & 1 in Am ..... I think that would be fair .
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2898725)   #74
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A team like the Robertsons has the weigh the benefits of sending the cars to expensive races like Le Mans versus spending that money on developing the cars. As a fan, it's hard to say what they should do. I want to see those cars continue to get development, but on the other hand, what is the point of development if they don't race? Well, we'll see what they choose. I hope the podium finish isn't one of the last chapters of the Robertson Racing story.

According to Dagy's Twitter feed, there may not be the funding to run 2 Robertson Racing Fords at Lime Rock (who knows about beyond that). Maybe they can parlay their good finish into some sponsorship or additional support from Ford.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2898740)   #75
The Badger
Veteran

Whats the point in putting a whole lot of development into a chassis with only one year of homologation left ?

Wonder what they will do next ?