Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1321861)   #1
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday Parade in Le Mans

I'd like to get into the main part of the town for the Friday Parade, any ideas on if I could catch a bus from the circuit, what number etc.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 06:48 (Ref:1322067)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We went last year and we walked up to Carrfour and got the bus from there, the drivers parade is a very enjoyable evening.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1322083)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The bus route that goes past Carrefour starts at the Cemetery about half a mile up the hill from the main gate.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1322207)   #4
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Humpage
The bus route that goes past Carrefour starts at the Cemetery about half a mile up the hill from the main gate.
I took a flyer from the welcome center with a map and the schedule last weekend. Let me see if I can scan it for you and put it online.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1322388)   #5
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bus that goes from the cemetery is number 6 and i think it's labeled "Hôpital" (spelling?) if i remember correctly. And as Guy said, it's a ten minute walk from the main gates up road D139. There are very useful maps on the bus stops too.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1322477)   #6
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Kling
The bus that goes from the cemetery is number 6 and i think it's labeled "Hôpital" (spelling?) if i remember correctly. And as Guy said, it's a ten minute walk from the main gates up road D139. There are very useful maps on the bus stops too.
The hospital is just off the ring road to the West of town - presumably the bus goes into the center and then back out?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1322487)   #7
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hm, that could be the case. It goes to the railwaystation at least (well, close to it), that's the furthest i went. But i'm not sure it was really labelled Hôpital, i could be wrong there.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1322506)   #8
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try this: http://www.setram.fr/local/doc_site/24h2005-F.pdf
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1322508)   #9
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
The hospital is just off the ring road to the West of town - presumably the bus goes into the center and then back out?
Yes Hopital is the destination located at the west of the city but the bus line pass through the city centre so you can easily join the city centre to attend to the parade.

Not sure but the shuttle service starts from the other side of the general entrance, but i'm not sure it works during friday.

otherwise you've got bus stop on the top side of the Expo centre. it's Line number 3, which also goes to city centre.

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1322515)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Any idea how we would get from Arnage corner on Friday? We were stuck out at Arnage last year on Saturday morning as the buses didnt start running til 1600! Perhaps a bus runs from the village of Arnage to Le Mans and back again afterwards?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1322689)   #11
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Gilles, just to clarify then it is line 3 & 6 from the Expo / Cemetry area that go to the City Centre? - and back hopefully!
Old 7 Jun 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1322718)   #12
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Gilles, just to clarify then it is line 3 & 6 from the Expo / Cemetry area that go to the City Centre? - and back hopefully!
Mal, please check the link two or three posts up. It links to a SETRAM document with the full time table, route and stops...
Old 7 Jun 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1322749)   #13
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
slighty off topic but i always smile when i see the bus that goes somewhere called "OASIS"..
Old 8 Jun 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1322941)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
Mal, please check the link two or three posts up. It links to a SETRAM document with the full time table, route and stops...
Thanks for that
Old 9 Jun 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1323728)   #15
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you see a Xpower Grey MG SV-R in the Parade that will be my Bros. I was going to be the co-driver but a change of plan left me out of the 'hot seat.'

Well worth attending is the drivers parade.