Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Oct 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3325466)   #176
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Did they have gaffer tape in the 30s?
Old 31 Oct 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3325474)   #177
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm,

Did they have gaffer tape in the 30s?
sticky backed puttee's
Old 31 Oct 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3325481)   #178
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We did of course lighten the car significantly by dumping ballast fluids.
But that is a whole other saga of LMC folklore.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3325482)   #179
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
it was '62. and prototype gaffer was homologated.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3325509)   #180
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thinking about period correctness ...

The HSCC Silverstone Finals HTC race featured a number of Lotus Cortinas from which I expect, based on previous evidence from Silverstone albeit in the "Old Days" of Bridge and the previous incarnation of the Complex, some 3 wheeling as well as something vaguely resembling (or better) the odd four wheel drift/power oversteer. Especially through Copse.

Well, the power oversteer drifting was observable but no wheel waving was spotted.

However in the Guards race a rather splendid TVR Griffith seemed to be 3 wheeling Copse on every lap. I wondered if it may have swapped identity, under the skin, with a Cortina.
Old 1 Nov 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3325994)   #181
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

The HSCC Silverstone Finals HTC race featured a number of Lotus Cortinas from which I expect, based on previous evidence from Silverstone albeit in the "Old Days" of Bridge and the previous incarnation of the Complex, some 3 wheeling as well as something vaguely resembling (or better) the odd four wheel drift/power oversteer. Especially through Copse.

Well, the power oversteer drifting was observable but no wheel waving was spotted.

However in the Guards race a rather splendid TVR Griffith seemed to be 3 wheeling Copse on every lap. I wondered if it may have swapped identity, under the skin, with a Cortina.
The only 3 wheeling period griffs I have ever seen are the ones with sheared quill shafts

Do lots of guys racing not have any fun anymore?? if someone wants to spend a fortune and build a ballistic missile then who are they really cheating?? My view is that their is always someone to race, regardless of class regs??

I'll be looking to the stragglers for some fun next year
N.

Old 1 Nov 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3326032)   #182
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The HSCC Silverstone Finals HTC race featured a number of Lotus Cortinas from which I expect, based on previous evidence from Silverstone albeit in the "Old Days" of Bridge and the previous incarnation of the Complex, some 3 wheeling as well as something vaguely resembling (or better) the odd four wheel drift/power oversteer. Especially through Copse.Well, the power oversteer drifting was observable but no wheel waving was spotted.
Copse is a bit too open to cock a wheel on Cortinas but all were lifting inside front at the exit of Brooklands. They looked great doing what they've always done.