Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Sep 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3298684)   #1
AnneReed
Rookie

AnneReed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC Snetterton - 28th September

Entry forms are available for the AMOC Snetterton meeting here: http://www.amocracing.org/#/entry-fo...ons/4562021820

The Club will be using the full 300 circuit and will feature all the usual grids: Intermarque, 50's Sports cars, Equipe GTS, Pre-War Team Challange and the HRDC Touring Greats.

For spectators, there will be a Aston Martin parking area, a lunch time track parade and Members hospitality in the Pit Lane Suite.

If you are interested in doing the track parade, please bring your driving licence and sign on at Race Control when you arrive. All passengers must be over 16 years of age. There will be a donation to the marshals of £2 per car. You do not need to be a Member to park in the Aston area or go on the track parade.

Colin Wilson, the Area 14 Rep is organising a BBQ and there may be some tickets still available - contact area14@amoc.org if you are interested.

Anne
Old 5 Sep 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3299227)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also event info here:-

http://www.amocracing.org/#/event-in...ion/4563172942
Old 26 Sep 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3309646)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be in the paddock as have friends racing. Also getting some tyres fitted while HP are there!

Anyone else coming to enjoy some warm (maybe) September sunshine? It was a superb event last year.

Old 26 Sep 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3309706)   #4
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I'll be in the paddock as have friends racing. Also getting some tyres fitted while HP are there!

Anyone else coming to enjoy some warm (maybe) September sunshine? It was a superb event last year.

Mike,

Make sure you pop upstairs to say "hello" to the other North Walsham team too, who will also be keeping a close eye on the on-track performance of the North Walsham "A" team of James & Suzanne!!

Terry
Old 27 Sep 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3309966)   #5
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC

I'm looking forward to this meeting. Good weather by the looks of it and decent grids. The 300 circuit is one of my favourites in the UK so here's to a good end to what has been a very enjoyable season with AMOC.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3310074)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Mike,

Make sure you pop upstairs to say "hello" to the other North Walsham team too,

Terry
Will do Terry. Just popped into the circuit with some wheels for re-shodding and the place is looking absolutely immaculate. Sun shining and not a blade of grass out of place! Heaven help any drivers that wander off the black bit...
Old 27 Sep 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3310160)   #7
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to this weekends AMOC and VSCC meeting with dry and bright weather. FORC will be out in force with a large turnout of sporting and race cars on Sunday.

Mike,Terry and all looking on here, i have just been watching ITV East with the latest update about the dualling of the A11 at Elvedon. Really coming along on schedule and budget, but the best news is, and it,s official, that when it is finished you will be able to drive from Norwich to Barcelona on dual carriageway!!!!!

Deep joy .................... but great news for all going to and from Snetterton.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3310465)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Great day at Snetterton. Nice to see gt917 Graham's car getting loads of attention in paddock!

Managed a quick hello to Dawn up in RC- bit busy with SC at time- and good that Terry S had time for a chat!

On track an excellent P2 for James P in his venerable Eleven, and in Equipe GTS Suzanne in her MGB had fun chasing Anne Read in the Aston. Smiles all round!

Old 29 Sep 2013, 06:00 (Ref:3310596)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like good fun. Anyone got any pics?
Old 29 Sep 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3310772)   #10
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Great day at Snetterton. Nice to see gt917 Graham's car getting loads of attention in paddock!

Managed a quick hello to Dawn up in RC- bit busy with SC at time- and good that Terry S had time for a chat!

On track an excellent P2 for James P in his venerable Eleven, and in Equipe GTS Suzanne in her MGB had fun chasing Anne Read in the Aston. Smiles all round!

Great to see you Mike and to have a good chat with you - brilliant day's racing throughout the day and brilliant to see Suzanne and James having some good results too!

Sorry didn't get to speak with Graham but yes his car was certainly drawing some attention.

Terry
Old 29 Sep 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3310801)   #11
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

The reason i had the 917 unloaded was so that the powers that be could check it over, and, fingers crossed, it and my GT40 may be allowed to run in a class within the AMOC Intermarque series.

Great meeting and fabulous weather. Good to see Mike, Terry and many other friends. Stayed overnight for the wonderful VSCC meeting, but left, as many others would have done with much sadness following the death of a driver.

Dare say that the VSCC thread will cover it.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3317414)   #12
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Sounds like good fun. Anyone got any pics?
here's my photos from the 28th concentrating on one of my favourite series the HRDC Touring Greats http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7636224551324/

was shocked on the Monday, when I heard news of the VSCC event
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3317590)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Some great shots, there, thanks. Some new cars to the HRDC series? Also who was driving the Maserati; don't think I've seen that out before?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3317719)   #14
mairesse
Rookie

mairesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Some great shots, there, thanks. Some new cars to the HRDC series? Also who was driving the Maserati; don't think I've seen that out before?
It might be me John, if it’s the yellow one you are referring to? The green one is Steve Hart.
You are quite right, my 200SI hasn’t been out much for the last few years. It was probably a bit above my pay grade as a driver for a while so I did a few seasons in other stuff and have now come back to it. It’s been a learning season, mostly in MRL stuff as well as HGPCA and VSCC Sports Car races. The AMOC race was fun but unfortunately electrical gremlins cut short my VSCC race the following day.
It’s all packed up and off to the Algarve to do both the Legends race and the GTSCC in it!
Gordon McCulloch
Old 14 Oct 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3317810)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Gordon, yes, yellow no 6. Lovely car and great to see it out.