Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3545321)   #251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The WEC app has locked me out. I shelled out my cash for Le Mans and it was working fine, but when I opened it today it was asking me to subscribe. I put my login and password in and it said that was wrong. I was sure it was right. I tried various other combinations without success. I then asked to retrieve my password but every time I tried (and I've tried about 20 times) it just said 'An error occurred while sending your email'... I've asked for help on the website but I've no confidence at all that I'll get a response.....
Old 5 Jun 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3545350)   #252
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You don't need to actually subscribe. It wants you to set up a username and password for the subscription, but isn't very clear. I thought the same too, but hit subscribe. I can't remember exactly what happened, but there was an option to "restore" or something similar. So you enter a username and password to set up an account and then 'restore' your package you've already purchased.

Have a go.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3545368)   #253
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
As far as I know, it should work. But hopefully someone from the US with a subscription can confirm this.
Silverstone and Spa both worked flawlessly for me - at or very near HD quality with good sound the whole time. Much much better than the service last year...

I have Comcast so I don't get Fox2, I will be watching the whole thing online/smart tv - one good thing about the WEC subscription NO COMMERCIALS!!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3545369)   #254
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Re FIAWEC app problems

Okay - the routine to get in if you've subscribed before is to
- click on 'Subscribe'
- key in your details,
- enter same email you subscribed with originally
- set your password as it was previously
- [I don't know what happens if you very the other options - such as choosing to live on Bouvet Island]
- so long as the email / password combination matches the process jumps past payment straight to confirm.

Has worked fine for me on Android.

From a UX perspective it's cludgey as all hell - but does mean those of us who've paid for it don't need to tear our hair out trying to get a password reset function or similar to work.

At risk of sounding endlessly fogeyish a lot of us do remember well when the limited footage schedule found by Chiana would have been much appreciated. I remember spending an affordable but non trivial amount to try and watch 2001 Le Mans online when a Channel 4 and Digital Island (hands up who remembers them as a hosting provider) offered a so-called streaming solution - which was fine right up until the point you realised the standard connection means back then was a 56k modem. Going further back my first recollection of Le Mans 'live' was scrabbling around on holiday in Germany in 1983 trying to make the most of the periodic updates that British Forces Radio broadcast (for reference it was simultaneously disappointing for not providing much more than a quick run down of the top 3 and where notable British drivers were, and incredibly good - because can any of us think of a mainstream station today giving that level of coverage?) - we're pretty spoilt for choice these days...
Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:59 (Ref:3545371)   #255
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I may be wrong, but I don't think I ever had a subscriber I'd before. I ink I just paid via iTunes?????
Whatever I did almost the same as isynge, except I made up a new name/password and it worked. Although it is possible I used the same as before coincidentally?!
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3545372)   #256
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think I ever had a subscriber I'd before. I ink I just paid via iTunes?????
Whatever I did almost the same as isynge, except I made up a new name/password and it worked. Although it is possible I used the same as before coincidentally?!
For me I used the same email address and different password than last year and have not (as of yet) had any issues. I just subscribed like I had no account last year and everything went through. I did have a problem with my password last year and was emailed a new password that I used for the whole season without any further problems. Sorry to hear you guys are having issues but I do admit the video/sound is worth the money - much much much much better than last year...

I am using the WEC Live subscription service - not the app

Last edited by Livininthinair; 5 Jun 2015 at 23:16.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3545376)   #257
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think you might be right - looking back I think I bought through Google Play Store - so thought it was tied to my Google ID - which wasn't the username and password I used when getting the app to work tonight.

Is this a loophole - i.e. can someone download the app and then just put any old details in or is it doing some sort of check to see if the associated Google or iTunes (is it on Windows Phone / Blackberry?) account on the device has purchased it? Other people can carp much more effectively than me about this, but while the app (when it works) delivers a quality stream, it really doesn't have the nice polished feeling about it that it really should.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3545377)   #258
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
My guess was that they did it quickly before and used the Google or iTunes payment thing. Now they want your contact details and to control the subscription themselves. Is that plausible? The app knew you had subscribed already?
I checked and I had paid via iTunes.

I did wonder if this meant I could now log on via the web rather than the app and have the access there too. I haven't checked.

(Sorry for the painful autocorrect in my last post. I'd before? I ink? )
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3545380)   #259
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
My guess was that they did it quickly before and used the Google or iTunes payment thing. Now they want your contact details and to control the subscription themselves. Is that plausible? The app knew you had subscribed already?
I checked and I had paid via iTunes.

I did wonder if this meant I could now log on via the web rather than the app and have the access there too. I haven't checked.

(Sorry for the painful autocorrect in my last post. I'd before? I ink? )
At risk of straying vastly off topic having the ease of doing payment and authentication through Google or iTunes will raise the sign up rate, because it makes it easy in that you don't have to dig out your payment details etc - and if you cleverly write the sign up process and hook it in with your marketing automation you get all the useful details anyway. That said, having gone to see if there was a meaningful way of testing to see if the login I'd used worked on a Web version was a pretty fruitless experience so I'm not sure they've quite grasped how to link together users to subscribers to something they can effectively sell.

Just so long as they don't insist on a vast app update on the Saturday morning of Le Mans (not unheard of) I'll forgive them most of these digital transgressions, but I do wish they'd hire someone who paid proper attention to it as a delivery channel.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 23:41 (Ref:3545381)   #260
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Oh well, it was a nice theory that they would link.
It is appropriate as it reminds me of the kind of process you have when ordering tickets direct from the ACO. At least this didn't involve ringing the ticket office

Old 6 Jun 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3545386)   #261
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an option on the WEC Streaming to just have the live natural sound?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3545509)   #262
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen Eurosport's advert for their coverage; "three giant manufacturers". Start as you mean to go on, eh?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3545515)   #263
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Just seen Eurosport's advert for their coverage; "three giant manufacturers". Start as you mean to go on, eh?
Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen Group
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3545517)   #264
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Touché.

Although judging by their Rally Acores coverage I'm inclined not to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:03 (Ref:3545520)   #265
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last year in their pre race PR it seemed like the race was only going to include Webber, Dempsey and Fabian whatever the name of that French footballer was. But it wasn't too bad at all in the actual broadcasts
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:17 (Ref:3545575)   #266
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
That advert confused me first time round. But on second listen I think it said Audi are at the top of the tree with three giant manufacturers trying to dislodge them.

Or something to that effect. Are you joining us in France Rodger?
Old 6 Jun 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3545597)   #267
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That advert confused me first time round. But on second listen I think it said Audi are at the top of the tree with three giant manufacturers trying to dislodge them.

Or something to that effect. Are you joining us in France Rodger?
Ahh, will try it again, should Eurosport remember to archive the second day of the rally.

About next week...... genuinely undecided at the moment. I have a plan sorted, but not sure I'm willing trade Spa 24 and four days holiday for it (I'm saving days for Catalunya and Valais!). Need to make a decision by Monday.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3545619)   #268
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
Is there an option on the WEC Streaming to just have the live natural sound?
Probably not, but Eurosport Player (based on your country flag you need to use VPN) has a no commentary / no ad breaks stream for each session. Last year that was only in SD though (the tv channels were in HD).
Old 6 Jun 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3545623)   #269
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...dule-revealed/

Quote:
Liz Halliday, Adelaide de Gouvion St Cyr and Neil Cole will be working pit road
I'm still not convinced Justine is missing.

Quote:
while Chris Parsons and Neville Hay will cover the Legends race and some of the overnight coverage
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3545632)   #270
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Second that notion... Parsons in particular has the most boring, crankiest voice on Earth, and the words coming out of his voice provide as much insight as paralyzed talking parrot would to deaf man. Hay on the other hand I guess is like listening your whiskey drinking grandpa telling long war stories or whatever, kinda nice and sympathetic, but pretty soon you want to get going and out.

But if they are paired with third person it's slightly better as they tend to ramble less then.

Anyway it's hardly surprising, those two have had those same schedule slots for years and years now. But now with increased night time camera coverage it's bit of a shame you'll have to endure them (though on the other hand with this change there's maybe a 1% chance now that they might actually follow what's happening in the race?)

In the Legends race they + Cole are alright. I wish it was the only broadcasting duty those three had.

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Jun 2015 at 20:57.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3545635)   #271
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The WEC app has locked me out. I shelled out my cash for Le Mans and it was working fine, but when I opened it today it was asking me to subscribe. I put my login and password in and it said that was wrong. I was sure it was right. I tried various other combinations without success. I then asked to retrieve my password but every time I tried (and I've tried about 20 times) it just said 'An error occurred while sending your email'... I've asked for help on the website but I've no confidence at all that I'll get a response.....

I went through the same thing. I was able to watch the first races without issue. I also emailed every single contact on the WEC site. Ultimately I was able to get in touch with the IT department at support@netcosports.com

They went in and manually reset my password and everything works like a charm. Hope this helps. I was getting a wee bit upset.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3546166)   #272
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the FIA WEC Live coverage include practice / qualifying?
Old 8 Jun 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3546169)   #273
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag View Post
I would assume so but I am really wondering about the same thing. Was that the case last year (when it was mobile only)?
Old 8 Jun 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3546245)   #274
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag View Post

If memory serves me I think it does. I was pretty happy with the actual race coverage and commentary. The stream quality itself had a few moments but I just had to refresh the page. Far better than only getting a few commercial filled hours from Fox Sports.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3546273)   #275
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
If memory serves me I think it does. I was pretty happy with the actual race coverage and commentary. The stream quality itself had a few moments but I just had to refresh the page. Far better than only getting a few commercial filled hours from Fox Sports.
The only issue I see is for us West Coast people who would might need to DVR the last few hours and watch it on Sunday morning. I don't have Fox Sports 2, so have no way of recording the last 90 minutes, which is on FS2. Anyone have ideas about accessing that part of the race after the fact, or recording the live stream?