Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you rate as the driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 8 18.60%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 2 4.65%
Kimi Räikkönen 2 4.65%
Daniel Ricciardo 18 41.86%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Nico Hülkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 1 2.33%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 1 2.33%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 2 4.65%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 8 18.60%
Brendon Hartley 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 1 2.33%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Sergey Sirotkin 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3839846)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Hungarian Grand Prix 2018

Who do you rate as the driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix?
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3839942)   #2
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Apparently if a driver from a top 3 team starts out of position he will automatically win this if he finishes the race.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3839947)   #3
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Apparently if a driver from a top 3 team starts out of position he will automatically win this if he finishes the race.
Deservingly so on this occasion.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3839952)   #4
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I disagree. He did absolutely nothing special. Finished where he was expected to finish.

I would give it to Vettel because he actually made a proper overtake on a car that has comparable speed.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3839953)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I disagree. He did absolutely nothing special. Finished where he was expected to finish.

I would give it to Vettel because he actually made a proper overtake on a car that has comparable speed.
Really? Ferrari were nailed on favourites this weekend, Lewis did a great job in qualifying and Vettel couldn’t get past Bottas until hit tyres were like ice. Ferrari were favourites and blew it
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3839956)   #6
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

... what does that have to do with driver of the day?
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3839961)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Well you gave it to Vettel over Hamilton or riccardo, and he did sweet FA all race other than overtake a driver on 20 lap older tyres then him....you say Hamilton did absolutely nothing special....well other than beating Ferrari on their favoured circuit, after beating them in difficult conditions yesterday, and riccardo overtook more than most today.....but Vettel gets it for overtaking 1 guy on knackered tyres...good logic there!...not
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3839963)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso, a creditable 8th and it's his birthday.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3839964)   #9
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

I did mention 'car with comparable speed'. Again, yesterday has nothing to do with it. I'm sorry but you may try reading my posts before replaying.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3839965)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I did mention 'car with comparable speed'. Again, yesterday has nothing to do with it. I'm sorry but you may try reading my posts before replaying.
I read it perfectly well. Comparible speed? With tyres that were shot? On a circuit where Ferrari were clear favorites? You say Hamilton did nothing special. Vettel did nothing special, with the tyre advantage of ultras over softs, and 20 laps difference, he should have been past Bottas instantly and closed in on Hamilton. He didn’t. Riccardo did the best job today
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3839967)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DR. For finishing where he was meant to finish. Unlike Ferrari who didn't finish where they should've finished.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3839968)   #12
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Vettel did nothing special, with the tyre advantage of ultras over softs, and 20 laps difference, he should have been past Bottas
My god Never mind, I've just noticed your username.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3839969)   #13
ascarracinguk
Veteran

What’s that got to do with anything? Go on, explain how Vettel did anything special. You can’t. You’re talking utter tripe
Old 29 Jul 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3839971)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel had a very average weekend, Lewis did what he had to, Kimi did well with a strange (#2?) strategy but for me Danny Ric was the class act.
Kudos to Gasly.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3840017)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi....at least one person had fun this weekend. Only person who celebrates better on a podium is his kid.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3840036)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
... what does that have to do with driver of the day?
Er.... everything, I'd say. Maximising everything at his disposal. Still, it's Lewis, so all too easy to mask a brilliant performance - on the day. Giving it to Vettel for a relatively uninspired performance seems a bit strange to me.

As it happens, I was divided between Hamilton, Gasly and Ricciardo, and on this occasion, I'm going for Daniel.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3840055)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly can't see how Vettel could get it when he admitted that he couldn't pass so just sat back and waited for Bottas's tyres to be shot....and then made a rubbish job of the overtake, risking his own finish. I reckon Daniel deserves it, although he hadn't grasped just how shot Bottas's tyres were, either......
Old 29 Jul 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3840059)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me it was a toss-up between Lewis and Dan-the-Man. However starting from 12th and finishing 4th in the car that was being hyped as the front runner before the event: that's only fairly impressive. Some of his late-braking overtakes were good though.

Lewis looked exceptional in the rain on Saturday and then kept on turning in the quick laps for a very long time on some elderly tyres. He just looked in control of the race.

Valtteri was looking good early on but his strategy spoilt it for him. Then he just looked a little too desperate and got himself involved in a couple of kerfuffles that shouldn't have been. 50-50 with Seb, but 80-20 at least with Dan.

Pierre Gasly did really well too. His grid position was probably more to do with the vagaries of a wet qualifying than the underlying pace of him or the car, but he really made the most of that position during the race.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3840076)   #19
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Alonso, a creditable 8th and it's his birthday.
With Hulkenberg's 12th place finish in the race, Alonso is now the only driver outside of the top three teams to finish in the points every race he has finished this season.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 00:05 (Ref:3840080)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
With Hulkenberg's 12th place finish in the race, Alonso is now the only driver outside of the top three teams to finish in the points every race he has finished this season.
8 top 10 finishes and 2 retirements, pretty impressive considering.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3840084)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes as everyone said it's between Gasly, Dan, Lewis.

This was expected to be Ferrari > RB > Merc, so Lewis winning so easily makes him in the running for DOTR. But also Gasly did a good job not just finishing 5th but also easily pulled away from the much faster Renault and Haas of Magnussen and Sainz. Remember TR was equal slowest in the last 2 races with Williams.

Dan was good in race, but do we take the whole weekend into account? If so his qualifying was terrible, he had 4 or 5 laps to get a lap together and buggered every one of them. He should have been fighting for the win not getting 4th.

Seb? He butchered his pass on Bottas and didn't have anywhere near the pace he should have, and lost what 4 seconds behind Sainz??? He could have attempted a move in that time? Hamilton was much better in traffic today.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3840089)   #22
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure there was much Dan could do in qualy. RB's Ricciardo tyre strategy and timing sucked.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 03:18 (Ref:3840090)   #23
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis, Dan or Peirre? Tough call.
In the end gave it to Gasaly for achieving way above the past performances of the car.
I do hope it was also a sign for the gradual build up for Honda for the rest of the year.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 04:26 (Ref:3840095)   #24
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis, with kudos to the Ferrari boys and Gasly.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3840120)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Carlos Sainz, he had a good weekend