Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 May 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1297332)   #26
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has been alot of road works between Rouen & Le Mans the last couple of years, I think its a new AutoRoute.

Will it be complete in time for this year?
Old 10 May 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1297437)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
There has been alot of road works between Rouen & Le Mans the last couple of years, I think its a new AutoRoute.

Will it be complete in time for this year?
Not sure, as I never take this road. gilles could help, or any member coming from Normandy - or FG1, if he's around...
Old 10 May 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1297457)   #28
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The autoroute opens in December 2005.

Website of the 'owners' for details - http://www.alis-sa.com/

(Alis, Alis, who the **** is Alis?)
Old 10 May 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1297617)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Humpage
(Alis, Alis, who the **** is Alis?)
A join venture between those firms... it seems to mean nothing BTW
Old 10 May 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1297664)   #30
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
I appear to have a ride from England to Le Mans sorted out, and I'm 60% to getting a ride back; Fab, I have printed out the information on the train that you kindly provided, so if necessary I can take the train back to get my flight out of Heathrow. I'm still looking for a camping pass because a friend with a car is coming down later and would like to park at the site. But will park and walk in to join me if that's the best we can do. I'm told that as time goes on, perhaps a ticket will come up at a price real people can afford. (I have suggested that the guy who stiffed me might want to provide me with one of his camping tickets as an apology, but I'm sure he's got them listed on eBay for five times what he paid for them.)

Next year I will make all my own arrangements and avoid the heartburn.
Club Arnage is the best place to find spare passes. Also I managed to pick up two extra Maison Blanche tickets from Just Tickets last week - they had been returned and I was lucky - so they may be worth another try.
Old 11 May 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1298469)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone know of any companies that still have coach tours to Le Mans available (with race tickets)?
Old 11 May 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1298669)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
bump
Old 11 May 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1298719)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
bump
Try Page and Moy, Jag. I always buy my entry/grandstand tickets from them and have never been let down. They do coach tours from various departure points, and I'm guessing you may need to get to Manchester (assuming you live close to Wigan) to get the coach. The itineraries are on their website. Apart from P&M I wouldn't know were to start looking. Hope that's of some help.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1298769)   #34
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try Hoverland, we went with them in 2003, and they were much better than Page and Moy in my opinion.

http://www.hoverland.com/le%20mans.htm
Old 12 May 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1298914)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can highly recommend Motor Racing International - http://www.motorracinginternational.uk.com/, I have travelled with them twice with out any problems at all.
Old 12 May 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1298922)   #36
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MRI definitely better than Airtrack
Old 12 May 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1299089)   #37
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are booked on the friday 4.30pm Dover - Calais Ferry, so arrival approx 6.30pm local time in Calais. How long approximately to drive to Le Mans from there ? Also, will i hit lots of expensive toll roads, or can they be avoided ? Thanks in advance.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1299092)   #38
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on what you are driving, but it takes us about 5 hours.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1299096)   #39
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Liz, so arrival about midnight !!!!! Is Arnage still alive at midnight ? Are toll roads expensive ?
Old 12 May 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1299146)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm an MRI recommender - travelled with them first in 92 (when they were still Chequers) and then again in 93 and 98. Apart from the lousy tour guide we had in 98 (who had never been to Le Mans before - like the coach driver.... doh!), it was still very good.
Old 12 May 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1299158)   #41
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The toll roads will come to approx €10, well worth it for high speed, traffic free travelling.

The party will still be in full swing at midnight.
Old 12 May 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1299167)   #42
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Arnage at midnight then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 May 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1299371)   #43
JAG
Veteran

England
Just emailed MRI to see if they have any tour places and tickets available, fingers crossed.

Will there be a TT meet up at Le Mans?
Old 12 May 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1299375)   #44
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Will there be a TT meet up at Le Mans?
Yes, I would think that we will be meeting the main square in the village again at 12pm on Saturday lunchtime.
Old 12 May 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1299382)   #45
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Who is going to the test weekend as well and is staying in the Formule1 hotel in arnage?
Maybe we could get together and drink some beers.
Old 12 May 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1299386)   #46
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
TT meetings :
- friday : in the pitlane, 3pm (facing which garage ?)
- saturday : main square of the village, noon (expect champoo !)
- sunday : main square of the village, noon
Old 12 May 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1299400)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to be pushing it to make the Saturday noon meeting.......
Old 13 May 2005, 04:47 (Ref:1299617)   #48
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I'm going to be pushing it to make the Saturday noon meeting.......
You mean you'll be too late for the meeting ?
Old 13 May 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1299710)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Possibly. It depends how quickly I can rouse the other 5 from their slumbers in Paris on Saturday morning. How long does it take to drive from Paris to Le Mans?
Old 13 May 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1299731)   #50
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Possibly. It depends how quickly I can rouse the other 5 from their slumbers in Paris on Saturday morning. How long does it take to drive from Paris to Le Mans?
i'm sure fab knows the answer to that one, all i know is if you're arriving around noon the traffic can be a crrrrrraaawwl...!