Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1323941)   #1
jMarc
Rookie

Finland
jMarc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
directions for press photographers in Le Mans...please advice

Hello all

I am going to Le Mans this year for the 3 time. But this year i am accredited press photographer.

I want to figure out the directions and ways before i go. What i know is that you can walk down the track on the inside down to Tertre Rouge starting from the end of the paddock.

I also know that theres a press shuttle down to Arnage and Mulsane. What i dont know is : How do you get to the outside of the track at Ford chicane start/finish straight and down to Tertre Rouge?

Ive seen many photos made from the outside and i´d like to know how to get there....i dont want tu run arround like an idiot before finding out

thanks beforehand for help
Old 9 Jun 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1323981)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from the paddock you can walk all the way down to the esses on the inside, i think you can walk a little further thru a gate...past the trees and garden allotments, then in front of the spectator enclosure on the inside of the tertre rouge corner. i went there once but to be honest the shots from the outside are far better.

to get access to the ford chicane on the outside theres a gate that you open about 50 yards past the spectator tunnel at that end of the straight, just before the wire fences as i recall. from there you can walk the entire grandstand straight, under the dunlop bridge, into the esses, then tertre rouge. also if you entering the circuit on the inside at the paddock, theres a tunnel about 100 yards up, just before the entry to the dunlop chicane which takes you to the other side of the track.

hope this helps.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1323993)   #3
jMarc
Rookie

Finland
Hi kdr

thanks for helping me...the tunnel you mention on the inside up to Dunlop..is it withing the spectator zone or on the "photographers" way beside the track?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1324006)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jMarc
Hi kdr

thanks for helping me...the tunnel you mention on the inside up to Dunlop..is it withing the spectator zone or on the "photographers" way beside the track?
no its inside on the "photographers" way. walk from the gate at the end of the pitlane, under the white welcome building, then after about 100 yards its on your right...you can't miss it. its a single version of the two public tunnels that go under the track at the main entrance...actually its quite close to them.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1324009)   #5
jMarc
Rookie

Finland
oky thanks again for helping me
Old 10 Jun 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1325143)   #6
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello jMarc,

How did you become an "accredited press photographer" becuse I have taken thousands of pics at Petit Le Mans and the fences are a pain in my rear. I have always wantd to know how to get one of the media "bibs" so i could stand right next to the track and shoot some good photos without having to run around for good hills to stand on or fight the fences. Don't get me wrong though, at RoadAtlanta, there are some really good spots that any spectator can go to!