Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 11 Sep 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2757536)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Uploading tracks from Bob's Track Builder

Hi guys,

Just looking to upload a track (Luton Park) as a BSB file. Just wondered what files I actually needed to upload in order for people to edit?

I tried going in to "C:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects" and trying to zip the "Luton Park" folder in there, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. However, if it's just one or two files I need to upload then I don't need to worry about zipping

Cheers

Selby
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2757630)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can only attach files types that are specified.
bmp
doc
gif
jpe
jpeg
jpg
mp3
pdf
png
psd
skp
txt
xls
zip

Looks like you would need to zip them as the extension you mention isn't one of the options.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2759351)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could you rename it to .txt and ask people to rename it? Call it lutonpark.bsb.removethisand.txt? That's obviously an end run round the forum software.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2759400)   #4
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Sketchup's .skp files were added later rather than being originally included in the allowed file extension list, which would suggest that the list of uploadable file types can be amended. Any chance of adding the .bsb extension to the list maybe?

bio
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2759431)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It'd be quite a nice feature as I could upload some track i've done and people can edit them how they want, with the added bonus of being able to test them

I've steadily improved and keep learning little ways of making life a little easier/more pleasing on the eye.

Selby
Old 14 Sep 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2759524)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I guess Sketchup's .skp files were added later rather than being originally included in the allowed file extension list, which would suggest that the list of uploadable file types can be amended. Any chance of adding the .bsb extension to the list maybe?

bio
I went to the bossses to get .skp files added because at the time thre was a large number of pwople using sketchup and there was interest in seeing specific detail, and from my own experience of using sketchup I knew what sort of file sizes that even the most complex of designs would use up, therefore what specifically to ask for.

Before I go asking the bosses again, can I get some basic info.

What is the actual software?
Is it just one file that needs to be uploaded (the .bsb) file?
What size are the .bsb files on the two designs posted so far (Luton Park and Davring) ?
And from that what would be the max size I should be asking for (remember .skp has a max of 1.95Mb) ?

Any other information that I might need?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2759659)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I was going to ask you guys the same questions, mate.

I'm not sure whether it's a case of zipping the file(s) up, and specifically what files I'll need to upload is still a mystery.

The program itself is just called Bob's Track Builder.

Selby
Old 15 Sep 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2759677)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I've never used the software, your the only one that has posted screen shots from circuits designed by it, so you have the relevant information to hand, no one else.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2759690)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I've literally had the software for a fortnight, so i'm still a complete baby to it lol I am on a forum, however, so I'll ask on there as to exactly what I need.

Selby
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:02 (Ref:2759749)   #10
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never used the software either, I just had the idea And, of course, bzb is not to be compared with Sketchup in this forum, i guess, Sketchup is really used extensively, so adding skp to the file list was the right decision.

bio