Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Sep 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3576447)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
MGCC SNETTERTON Oct 10/11th

200 Circuit. Includes the usual MG classes, plus the annual BMH 4hr team relay and Morgan Challenge.

Really looking forward to it. There's Tenther Terry Scannell Clerking ops, Morgan and fellow Gilbern racer (and lurker on here ) Andy Green CoC-ing, and apparently me in the Safety Car.......

Should be a very sociable event, and who knows, perhaps some mellow October sunshine will add to the occasion!
Old 24 Sep 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3576606)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As in M3 or more fittingly a T type.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 10:51 (Ref:3576608)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh I do hope it's a T-Type! I drove one once - never, ever again! (Dorry to any T-Type owners on here )

I've done the 4 Hours a couple of times with the Midget and really enjoyed it.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3576643)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Oh I do hope it's a T-Type! I drove one once - never, ever again! (Dorry to any T-Type owners on here )

I've done the 4 Hours a couple of times with the Midget and really enjoyed it.
not the whole 4 hours of course, it's a relay remember !
Old 24 Sep 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3576662)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I shall be there Mike covering the Morgan Challenge so I look forward to admiring your prowess at the wheel of the (so called) safety car.

Bob.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3576669)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I shall be there Mike covering the Morgan Challenge so I look forward to admiring your prowess at the wheel of the (so called) safety car.

Bob.
Well, hopefully it will remain parked below race control all weekend, and won't actually be required.....

Look forward to seeing you, regardless!
Old 24 Sep 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3576783)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
not the whole 4 hours of course, it's a relay remember !
I was so tired it felt like it! Actually IIRC I only raced once, in my FISC car with you, Adam and Chris. The next year I went to help you and Andy Mc but it was cancelled due to rain.

Also IIRC we got a bllckng because you left the garage sideways. I hope Mr Bell doesn't use you as a role model. Oh...ah...
Old 24 Sep 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3576794)   #8
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are going to be there in the 4 hour relay as "Team High Speed Low Cost" . We have three elderly kit cars that raced in the 750mc kit car championship in the 90s

BMH 4 hour is a great event with a nice feel to it like the Birkett used to be before the Historics went away.
Old 25 Sep 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3576898)   #9
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=midgetman;3576783] The next year I went to help you and Andy Mc but it was cancelled due to rain.

Rain at Snetterton I don't believe it.

At least the safety car will be quick out of the pits

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 25 Sep 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3576941)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just need to make sure all the electronic aids are switched off.....

Old 6 Oct 2015, 05:43 (Ref:3579896)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Dare I say it, but according to the Beeb, weather is not too bad for the weekend!

Just hoping, as after last weekend's washout in S of F, driving though rain for many hours yesterday, then listening to it continue during the night, am ready for some dry conditions.....

Old 6 Oct 2015, 06:15 (Ref:3579898)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just need to make sure all the electronic aids are switched off.....

Works best that way Mike
Old 6 Oct 2015, 06:42 (Ref:3579904)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Works best that way Mike
Don't think they use M3 now, Terence. Maybe some 4 series- as long as it isn't an i3 sure will do fine......
Old 6 Oct 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3580103)   #14
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Don't think they use M3 now, Terence. Maybe some 4 series- as long as it isn't an i3 sure will do fine......
Mike, Thanks for agreeing to help us over the weekend - will be a great one hopefully, although you may be half way there with the M3, at least the M is correct! You will enjoy yourself whatever!

We just have to see if you can beat Terence's response to "Scr"... resulting in black lines out of the pitlane I seem to remember!! There he was gone.....

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Terry
Old 7 Oct 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3580146)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Black lines, black lines!!!! That was Mike in the 360
Just hope its not an i8 Terry, not impressive.
Good days indeed and fond memories, hope all goes well Terry and my best regards to the Marshal's.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3581809)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It's be a very enjoyable two days for me at Snetterton. Some great racing, good weather, and excellent company. Been hanging out with as friendly a bunch as you could ever meet, whether upstairs, trackside, catering, racing- or indeed anywhere else within the boundary. Fantastic.

Most exciting moment all weekend for the SC was when a wasp flew in an open window while sitting below Race Control! Luckily no radio call while we got it out again..... I did get asked to test the track limit sensors on Saturday, which didn't seem to be working to start with. The 'offence' was called in by one post, and I was presented with the photographic evidence back in RC.

Oh, and the SC was........ An MG! Appropriate.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3581915)   #17
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, thank you for all your support over the weekend, an absolute pleasure to have you with us as always.

Apologies for the lack of scrambles over the weekend....but that's all credit to all the competitors throughout the weekend and especially during Sunday's British Motor Heritage 4hr Relay Race where the driving standards were superb during the whole race.

Thanks also to the rest of the SC team and to the MSV Snetterton Recovery team who did an excellent job recovering cars quickly from various access points without having to venture actually on track during the 4hr which again saved the use of the SC car, allowing the whole race to run its natural course without intervention. The drivers of those cars that retired whilst on track also deserve credit for ensuring that they all parked well clear of the circuit.

As you mention it was an extremely enjoyable weekend.

Terry
Old 12 Oct 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3582233)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You don't have to thank me, Terry. I should thank you for giving me the opportunity. When in RC I'm always in awe of the way the team at Snetterton keep everything running so smoothly, and with humour and courtesy. Makes it a pleasure to help out!

Old 13 Oct 2015, 07:22 (Ref:3582414)   #19
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really enjoyed this meeting, big grids, great racing, the best club meeting I've attended for a while!

A few images from the meeting are available on the link below, hope you like them!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskmtN3Gx
Old 13 Oct 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3582466)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG76 View Post
I really enjoyed this meeting, big grids, great racing, the best club meeting I've attended for a while!
Thanks for the pics- excellent stuff! There were some great sounding, as well as great looking cars racing. Sitting in SC listening, we voted the green MGCGT best sounding of the day.....

Old 13 Oct 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3582479)   #21
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Mike! There certainly were some great sounding cars. My personal favourite has to be the grid of Morgans, their first lap rumble was wonderful! Listening to their squealing tyres around Coram was fantastic too!
Old 13 Oct 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3582556)   #22
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very nice weekend !
Old 14 Oct 2015, 07:44 (Ref:3582705)   #23
tonylees
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
tonylees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
+1 to that Mr Knight
Old 14 Oct 2015, 08:54 (Ref:3582719)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Jerry and Tony- It must have been good to prompt posts from you two!

Spot on, though. One of those meetings where everything just seemed to be 'right'. The weather, the location of course, the people naturally.....

Old 14 Oct 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3582754)   #25
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
As I loved them so much, I've created a Morgan only album too! I'm just sorry I can't bring you their rumble!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskn9frvb