Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 May 2004, 10:27 (Ref:966330)   #26
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Harding
(Not that the tickets mention any of those dates)
When I first saw them I thought I had missed the meeting and said "Damn Post"!

No, confusion is on my part!
I thought you were at Donny the weekend just gone and that NEXT weekend was my weekend off!

Doh' I've just had my weekend off and am at Oulton on Saturday but won't be able to play out on the Sunday after all.....sorry!

Looking forward to working for you when you're up at Oulton though - always a cracking meeting!
Old 11 May 2004, 11:18 (Ref:967509)   #27
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by petestenning
Shiela normally the eerc boys have a limited number to over see the pitstops are done to the regs.Each team i believe supply two people in fire resistant clothing to over see the refueling
although pit marshals can add extra cover.
I believe James Tucker does post here and may be able to confirm this.

Regards
Pete
I have just spoken to James Tucker and he has offered the services of his team to assist in the pit lane outside of their sessions. Naturally, I offered the use of the kettle, tea and coffee to them!

If anyone else is interested in joining in the fun in the pit lane, please contact Pete Harding or myself.
Old 13 May 2004, 18:45 (Ref:970139)   #28
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody else missing tickets etc for this meeting? If racing starts at 9am each day, I'm working on the basis of sign on by 8am. Can anyone confirm/correct this?
Old 13 May 2004, 19:19 (Ref:970179)   #29
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you are not on my list I assume you are ES and should have got tickets fron Diane. Sign on from about 7.30 to 8.15 at Craner Curves.
Old 13 May 2004, 19:26 (Ref:970189)   #30
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct that - I have gone back through all my emails and found one from Jane Vogell and I didn't see the info after our March meeting. Sorry about that but if you have and problems getting in phone me (07802 505588) and I will organise. On second thoughts I don't get much of a signal at Craner so I will leave a ticket on the gate.
Old 15 May 2004, 19:25 (Ref:971862)   #31
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all just thought i would check in and thank those of you i met today, what a meeting quite enjoyed it. I was I/O at Hollywood and we had bouncing MINIS dont think the Circuit staff will be too happy with the hole left in the new tarmac!!! We had five written off Minis after one decided to turn itself into a target in the middle of the track and well as they say the rest is history - all drivers got out of cars okay!! Does anyone have any pictures???? Thanks to all those marshals took up the sprint to come and help the three of us..
Old 16 May 2004, 21:10 (Ref:972797)   #32
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SPOONERBORO
- all drivers got out of cars okay!!
Actually they didn't. One is still in hospital with a broken sternum and badly fractured ankle. Hopefully he will return to racing once he has recovered from his injuries. Not sure of his name but - get well soon number 22
Old 16 May 2004, 21:10 (Ref:972798)   #33
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say a big thank you to all those who attended one or both days , your efforts were much appriciated. By both myself and the clerks, and i hope you saw some cracking races to. Without your help none of this could be possible.

Pete Stenning
chief Observer
Old 16 May 2004, 21:32 (Ref:972819)   #34
GlenC
Rookie

GlenC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
Actually they didn't. One is still in hospital with a broken sternum and badly fractured ankle. Hopefully he will return to racing once he has recovered from his injuries. Not sure of his name but - get well soon number 22
FYI

Nigel was in good spirits when talked to in hospital last night despite obviously feeling 'rough' he is expected to spend a few more days in hospital whilst his foot / ankle is sorted - I know he would want to pass on his thanks to all involved at yesterdays meeting
Old 16 May 2004, 21:41 (Ref:972824)   #35
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by GlenC
FYI

Nigel was in good spirits when talked to in hospital last night despite obviously feeling 'rough' he is expected to spend a few more days in hospital whilst his foot / ankle is sorted - I know he would want to pass on his thanks to all involved at yesterdays meeting
Thanks for that - much appreciated - please pass on our best wishes for a swift recovery.
Old 17 May 2004, 08:28 (Ref:973064)   #36
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes all the best to Number 22!! Get Well Soon - Thanks for the info Sheila, Other than these guys chatting away to you and disappearing in the Rescue unit/Ambulance you never get to find out the extent of any injuries.
Old 17 May 2004, 16:30 (Ref:973530)   #37
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll echo that, best wishes to all the Mini drivers involved, hope to see you all back out soon.

As for the rest of the wekend, what a contrast to the years earlier 750mc meeting. Great weather, excellent racing from the stock hatches, Irish visiting Vees and Sheanes, and a very good Britcar scrap up & down the huge grid.

On the flip side, what has happened to the Hot Hatch formula. Worst race of the weekend, sorry. Low numbers, spread out field, lost interest I'm afraid. Compared to the oversubscribed Stock Hatch championship it seems very strange. Hope it picks up through the year or the MSA may be having a look at it's grid sizes.

Al.

Last edited by Alan Green; 17 May 2004 at 16:30.
Old 17 May 2004, 20:04 (Ref:973736)   #38
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by SPOONERBORO
Yes all the best to Number 22!! Get Well Soon - Thanks for the info Sheila, Other than these guys chatting away to you and disappearing in the Rescue unit/Ambulance you never get to find out the extent of any injuries.
Ah well, that's the beauty of inside information you see. My husband was on the rescue unit this weekend. Other weekends I just exercise my natural nosiness and ask around until someone gives me an answer!
Old 17 May 2004, 20:12 (Ref:973746)   #39
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
I would like to thank Terry and Nicky and the two students (whose names I told them I would forget, and I have!) for their hard work on Sunday. The weather being what it was, shoving cars around and running about was not easy but they all did just that without a word of complaint.

Thanks again - you were brilliant

Sheila
Old 17 May 2004, 21:04 (Ref:973804)   #40
NJF
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
NJF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Sheila
Thanks for your comments on here and on my upgrading card. Feel much better now after Brands - thanks for your support. By the way, the students were called Mark & Stuart.
See you at Oulton.
Nicky
Old 17 May 2004, 21:18 (Ref:973817)   #41
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by NJF
Hi Sheila
Thanks for your comments on here and on my upgrading card. Feel much better now after Brands - thanks for your support. By the way, the students were called Mark & Stuart.
See you at Oulton.
Nicky
You're welcome - credit given where credit due! You know where I am if you want a chat at any time.

Thanks for reminding of the boys' names - I did tell them I would forget unless they had them tattooed on their foreheads though didn't I?

Hope the weather will be just as good at Oulton as we had over the weekend.