Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Aug 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1062492)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Petit Le Mans Entry List

Just so you know, the deadline to enter the Petit Le Mans race is Midnight, August 11th....

Tomorrow night...

So it may be a few days before we see it posted, but it will be interesting to see who is on it and who is not...given the various news notes that Courage, Zytek and others may be there....

BTW....

On another thread here has been talk that Bucknum might be running a Courage chassis sometime this year...

I thought that we had heard earlier that Pilbeam was creating a new chassis, and I would think that Bucknum would be the recipient of a new model...

any specifics on this that anyone has heard???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Aug 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1062499)   #2
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Bucknum will hold off on a new car until the season is over as after this weekend they are so far out of the hunt for the championship.

I asked Clint Field if there's a C65 in his future and he looked at me like I had 8 heads- make of that what you will. I didn't push for an answer.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 20:04 (Ref:1062503)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Bucknum is no longer in contention for the ALMS LMP2 championship, and as such has delayed purchase of a new chassis for the 05' season. Originally they were looking at a Courage, but couldn't get a deal done before Mosport. It has been suggested that they will be looking at all of their options now.

LMP1

1 or 2 Champion Audi's
2 Dyson Lola's
1 Intersport Lola
2 Zytek's

LMP2
1 Bucknum Pilbeam
1 Intersport Lola
1 Miracle
1 Courage factory

I'll leave the GT classes to someone else.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1077157)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well....

The deadline passed two weeks ago....and neither the IMSA site nor the ALMS site have any kind of entry list posted yet...

We've heard about Zytek and Courage entries (the latter I'm assuming is Miracle's new chassis/)

and in another thread, AutoCon has indicated they will be at Petit...

I also recall reading somewhere (at some point) that Taurus was considering Petit, as was Nasamax....

has anyone heard or read anything new???

will there be any Ferrari 575s or 550s there?

or anyone else from the LMES????

Just wondering...

Old 25 Aug 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1077165)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well on the 20th of August www.dailysportscar.com ran a story reporting that Rollcentre are looking at taking their Dallara to PLM, but they need to find a 3rd driver. So they could well be on the entry list with a bit of luck. The team is also reported to be looking at entering the Laguna Seca event, but as of yet has no drivers confirmed for that event.

Lets hope that Rollcentre do get that extra driver they need - then we can see them at PLM! And possibly Laguna seca too.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1077175)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Agreed 1,000%, Saleen S7R!!!!

I really enjoyed watching their run at Sebring last March!!!

I can't remember who their third driver was for that event....but that same person might be a logical choice...provided he is available for the races they would like to compete in...

I'm also assuming that the person would be a paying driver to help cover their tramsport and operantional costs....

Old 25 Aug 2004, 16:31 (Ref:1077235)   #7
Mopar
Racer

Mopar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I asked some prodrive mecahnics if it was the last "works" outing for the ferrari 550 at Le Mans and their response was it depended on wether they could get the Aston ready time to make its debut at the petit Le Mans (which they have not) and whether Fredric D'or would fund the 550 last outing (at the petit Le mans which they were confident about as they wouldnt give me any used parts from the car ) Any news from Labre as to whether they will run their 550?
Old 25 Aug 2004, 17:05 (Ref:1077258)   #8
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lister has also mentioned interest in racing at petit, provided they get some extra cash. petit would be awesome if we could get the following likely entries:

LMP1:

1 factory zytec
1 creation dba/zytec
2 champion audis
2 dyson lolas
1 intersport lola
1 rollcentre dallara
1 lister lmp
1 nasamax judd
1 taurus diesel
1 autocon r&s mkiiic

LMP2:

1 miracle courage
1 factory courage
1 intersport lola
1 factory luchinni
1 bucknum pilbeam

GTS:

2 corvettes
2 larbre 550s
2 barron connor 575s
2 barbour lambos
1 acemco saleen
2 carsport vipers

GT:

usual cast of characters with a couple of euro teams thrown in
Old 25 Aug 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1077265)   #9
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bucknum will have Miracle's Lola, not the Pilbeam but in any case that would be some field. 12 P1's would be niiiiiice
Old 26 Aug 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1078055)   #10
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Agreed 1,000%, Saleen S7R!!!!

I really enjoyed watching their run at Sebring last March!!!

I can't remember who their third driver was for that event....but that same person might be a logical choice...provided he is available for the races they would like to compete in...

I'm also assuming that the person would be a paying driver to help cover their tramsport and operantional costs....
To me, the DSC piece suggests it may be a largely different squad to their Sebring lineup of Joao Barbosa/Martin Short/Rob Barff- it refers to their potential PLM lineup as Barbosa and an 'as yet un-named partner', plus the third budgeted driver they're looking for. Patrick Pearce took over Rob Barff's seat after Le Mans (I think funding issues may have been involved?), and Barff most recently appeared with Lister at Silverstone
Old 26 Aug 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1078072)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Based on that info, I'm assuming that Mr. Short is still suffering the after-effects of the accident at Le Mans....specifically the leg injury.

Because I would otherwise assume that he would be in that lineup

Old 26 Aug 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1078081)   #12
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Based on that info, I'm assuming that Mr. Short is still suffering the after-effects of the accident at Le Mans....specifically the leg injury.

Because I would otherwise assume that he would be in that lineup

....unless they've needed to bring in 2 budgeted drivers to partner Barbosa in order to make the PLM trip possible (the Le Mans shunt can't have helped their budget very much...)? In that situation, as the team owner, he may have had to step down as a driver- regarding the leg injury, he's certainly fit enough to have been racing in British GT recently

Last edited by KA; 26 Aug 2004 at 13:48.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 13:59 (Ref:1078096)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
But the British GT event isn't 10 hours....he'd be pulling longer stints....

However, your first part of your assessment is....IMO....probably the true reason for it....

I also would believe that it would be necessary to have the two budgeted drivers on board in order to cover the expense of the Trans-Atlantic trip.....

and it would be even more necessary if their plans also include Laguna Seca....because they will take their operation from East Coast to West Coast after the trip across the Atlantic to Petit...and then from California back to Europe to get home....

Not a cheap proposition from the transportation side...let alone the costs of housing the crew, etc...

Old 26 Aug 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1078173)   #14
KA
Veteran

Quote:
But the British GT event isn't 10 hours....he'd be pulling longer stints....

However, your first part of your assessment is....IMO....probably the true reason for it....

Sorry- I'd totally forgotten that he's raced the Dallara twice since Le Mans anyway- both the Nurburgring and Silverstone LMES rounds. If he's been fit enough to do stints in a 6 hour race, I'm guessing fitness is unlikely to be the issue.

I'm sure that if he's not planning to drive at PLM, then the need for paying drivers is probably the reason

Last edited by KA; 26 Aug 2004 at 15:07.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1079298)   #15
tblincoe
Veteran

major dissapointment with the petit entry list: one champion audi, only the creation dba, and nobody new in gts or lmp2... that sucks
Old 27 Aug 2004, 16:21 (Ref:1079316)   #16
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
plm entry list; where?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1079319)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
major dissapointment with the petit entry list: one champion audi, only the creation dba, and nobody new in gts or lmp2... that sucks

I looked on the IMSA and ALMS sites and did not see a list....

Where did you run across it????

Please advise...

Thanks!

Old 27 Aug 2004, 16:32 (Ref:1079331)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I looked and couldn't find it. So if you have a link please post it.

I will say something though. The ALMS has not been as diligent in posting the entry lists in the later part of the season. They shouldn't be hiding anything.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1079347)   #19
KA
Veteran

That looks like the information on the LMP and GTS entry reported by DSC earlier today- they did say it wasn't neccessarily the complete entry for those classes, and described it as '9 prototypes so far', so maybe there's more news to come?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1079367)   #20
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that is true then the ALMS 04 season can officially go down as the worst in its history.

What happened to the Works Zytek, Dallara, Lister, Barron-Conner, Larbre etc efforts that were supposed to be coming?

What a horrible season...one to forget and move on
Old 27 Aug 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1079420)   #21
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Have patience guys - the list isn't described as final for good reason.

With some of the teams involved in national championships and FIA GTs plus the possibility of races in Kyalami, Bahrein, Dubai and Zhuhai remember its a crowded end of the season and there are several options that teams can take (including doing nothing beyond LMES).
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1079468)   #22
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I haven't seen the list yet...I've been working on a deadline today....

But I would assume that whatever list was released is not a final one...not for a big event like Petit....

Old 27 Aug 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1079554)   #23
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the works zytek will also be there...

Last edited by peckadj; 27 Aug 2004 at 21:46.
Old 28 Aug 2004, 06:14 (Ref:1079736)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by peckadj
the works zytek will also be there...
That sounds better !
Old 28 Aug 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1079771)   #25
tblincoe
Veteran

i hate to be a naysayer but i will believe it when i see it... i was overly optimistic about the entries for petit this year so i have abandoned all hope and will just look forward to the lmes events until 2006