Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3846093)   #1751
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

JDC were never afraid of spending money on stuff some would regard as frivolous. Their support vehicles and trucks display an amazing selection of registration numbers, some Jaguar related. Maybe the plates were / are for sale......
I always suspected that these types of business are run using other peoples money.
I've seen many in my time go the same way.not only the "car" trade. The owners usually end up "inside"
Old 26 Aug 2018, 07:38 (Ref:3846099)   #1752
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
And with a surname of Hood, would you buy a car off of him ?
A bit unfair, he's probably straight as an arrow.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3846101)   #1753
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A bit unfair, he's probably straight as an arrow.
Nottingham is in Midlands, not Essex… Well, what do I know!
Old 26 Aug 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3846194)   #1754
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just for anyone slightly interested, this is the investment group that bought into JDC.... https://www.charmecapitalpartners.co...es-jd-classics

The London ‘boss’ is son of ex Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo....
Old 28 Aug 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3846743)   #1755
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth a watch on catch up:

Channel 4 - Guy Martin & Jenson Button driving a couple of Williams F1 cars at the Silverstone Classic. The FW08C (the programme includes some of the re-building of it and the Cosworth engine) and the six-wheel prototype - was it the 08B?
Old 28 Aug 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3846748)   #1756
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Worth a watch on catch up:

Channel 4 - Guy Martin & Jenson Button driving a couple of Williams F1 cars at the Silverstone Classic. The FW08C (the programme includes some of the re-building of it and the Cosworth engine) and the six-wheel prototype - was it the 08B?
Don’t mention who won or did best please! I’ve got WiFi in name only at this service area, so can’t ‘catch up’.........
Old 28 Aug 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3846752)   #1757
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worries Mike! Just realised I posted it in the wrong thread - was meant to be in the ‘natter’ - oops.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3846758)   #1758
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Track evening at Brands Hatch with RS 2000. Dave Broadie here and done a few laps . Uncle Eric showed up and Brodie is telling me what a legend Eric is . He was well impressed . I will post photo when I get home .
Old 29 Aug 2018, 05:14 (Ref:3846812)   #1759
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
No worries Mike! Just realised I posted it in the wrong thread - was meant to be in the ‘natter’ - oops.
I did wonder.....
Old 29 Aug 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3846815)   #1760
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uncle Eric and Dave Broadie. Brands 2018..JPG
Views:	25
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	51805
Here they are. Two great Motor Racing Legends.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 06:48 (Ref:3846817)   #1761
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Track evening at Brands Hatch with RS 2000. Dave Broadie here and done a few laps . Uncle Eric showed up and Brodie is telling me what a legend Eric is . He was well impressed . I will post photo when I get home .
Did Brode try to get you to buy a copy of his memoirs, they're an entertaining read!
Old 29 Aug 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3846831)   #1762
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
He gave them to me. I have not read the books yet. Guess it will be for some time. If anyone wants to borrow them you will be welcome.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3846832)   #1763
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I got a great buzz watching him drive the RS. His feed back was good. We split the oil cooler so early bath. I was pleased with the diff and gearbox we had just rebuilt so it was a good shake down.Roll on September.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3846955)   #1764
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
He gave them to me. I have not read the books yet. Guess it will be for some time. If anyone wants to borrow them you will be welcome.
Hi Iain
Yes please would be interested to have a read.
Safe journey and see you in Zandvoort. Weather looks ok for the weekend. Good to see you back in a 500
Stuart
Old 29 Aug 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3846966)   #1765
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crikey Iain, back in a 500 this weekend?

You may need to watch out for the one in these photos.

If he's not attempting to blind you with oil smoke he's probably trying to distract you from your rhythm by making his car as "wide" as possible. Maybe wider.

Attached Thumbnails
1024px_60_ 20180811Mallory_Park_VSCC_20180811_IMG_2093.jpg   1024px_60_ 20180811Mallory_Park_VSCC_20180811_ONED8480.jpg   1024px_60_ 20180811Mallory_Park_VSCC_20180811_ONED8483.jpg  

1024px_60_ 20180811Mallory_Park_VSCC_20180811_ONED8485.jpg   1024px_60_ 20180811Mallory_Park_VSCC_20180811_ONED8487.jpg   1024px_60_ 20180811Mallory_Park_VSCC_20180811_ONED8488.jpg  

Old 30 Aug 2018, 05:39 (Ref:3847013)   #1766
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Crikey Iain, back in a 500 this weekend?

You may need to watch out for the one in these photos.

If he's not attempting to blind you with oil smoke he's probably trying to distract you from your rhythm by making his car as "wide" as possible. Maybe wider.

I must admit I thought I was in trouble in these.
Great photos Grant do you mind if I take a copy for myself?
Stuart
Old 30 Aug 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3847018)   #1767
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
Stuart
Nothing better than embarrassing a fellow poster in a very public fashion, shame on you Grant. I would NEVER do such a thing myself.

But I must admit the snaps gave me good laugh.

Er Sorry Stuart.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3847031)   #1768
bauble
Veteran

England
Stuart.

Just for your interest.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gwxChPWY6FVVLo9Y6

Cheers,

Bawb.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3847035)   #1769
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
Stuart
Hi Stuart,

There are a few more in the full sequence. And I must confess that as you briefly disappeared from my view behind the marshal post I was not expecting any of the three of you to reappear still on track and heading in the right direction.

I have a memory that you kept the place as well, at least at that point as you passed where I was viewing. No. 23 seemed to have things running very well in the race though so difficult to resist.

I'll upload the files somewhere and PM you a link so that you can download them at a decent size. Probably today but it may slip to tomorrow.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 10:20 (Ref:3847042)   #1770
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Dunno about your supermarches, John, but JS have complex ovens that use a combination of methods to reheat bread etc. I say reheat because from what I’ve been told virtually nothing is cooked from dough in store nowadays, it comes in frozen / cooked and is just ‘revived’..... Do the in store boulangeries in carrefour etc. still bake from the raw product?

I’m now wondering what the H&S reason (undoubtably!) is for not baking from scratch.....
Can someone explain how the bread roll machine in Aldi cooks/reheats these things and they come out cold?
Old 30 Aug 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3847043)   #1771
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
I always suspected that these types of business are run using other peoples money.
I've seen many in my time go the same way.not only the "car" trade. The owners usually end up "inside"
Apparently an Arabian Princess in this case.

I once had an interesting trip round London Classic car dealers with someone who knew the name of all the anonymous backers of the various businesses!
Old 30 Aug 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3847047)   #1772
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Can someone explain how the bread roll machine in Aldi cooks/reheats these things and they come out cold?
Vorsprung Durch Technik?
Old 30 Aug 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3847048)   #1773
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Probably H&S in case the operatives burn themselves......

BTW I did JS a disservice suggesting that no bread was baked from raw ingredients in their stores now. Appears in the big supermarkets (not sure about the small ones) they still create some loaves from scratch. That from a friend who works for them......
Old 30 Aug 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3847102)   #1774
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Vorsprung Durch Technik?
Tsssssss
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3847118)   #1775
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Vorsprung Durch Technik?

Vorspung Dough Technik surely?
Closed Thread