Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4055271)   #426
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
chuckle, it never ceases to surprise me when I forget about this thread and then see a notice in my email from it BEFORE seeing the race!
I've been caught out too on this
Old 9 Jun 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4055402)   #427
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So you would have known either Gasly or Perez won or we had a new winner!
Old 8 Jul 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4060464)   #428
Penword
Rookie

Canada
Tweed, Ontario
Penword should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The best I could find after a brief search are:

John Watson 22 - 1 1983 US GP West
Niki Lauda 23 - 2 1983 US GP West
Lewis Hamilton 21 - 3 2016 Belgian GP.
Sergio Perez (Spin)Last - 1st Sakhir 2020
George Russell Last to Oh so nearly twice Sakhir 2020
Not a record but Jackie Stewart won from 16th on the grid at the 1973 South African GP. In fact, he was into first place inside 10 laps, after a "controversial" pass for the lead under the yellow for the Regazzoni/Hailwood crash.

Stewart had crashed during qualifying, hence the low starting spot.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4064593)   #429
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New name on the list.

Esteban Ocon.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4064596)   #430
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boom! Send out those email notifications!
Old 8 Aug 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4065806)   #431
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, will Ocon be a one-hit wonder then? When he first came to F1 I thought he was future WDC material. Up to Hungary, I wasn't certain we'd see him on the winners roster before 2022. Hard to judge really. I would definitely say he'll contend for more podiums, even this year, when the circumstances fall in his favour. And Alpine are continuously improving so if they keep on a roll they might upset the Mercedes/Red-Bull lockout on the winners rostrum along with McLaren probably.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4065816)   #432
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
So, will Ocon be a one-hit wonder then? When he first came to F1 I thought he was future WDC material. Up to Hungary, I wasn't certain we'd see him on the winners roster before 2022. Hard to judge really. I would definitely say he'll contend for more podiums, even this year, when the circumstances fall in his favour. And Alpine are continuously improving so if they keep on a roll they might upset the Mercedes/Red-Bull lockout on the winners rostrum along with McLaren probably.
I also thought Ocon was potential WDC material when he drove the Force India in 2017 and 2018, but I think he has overall been quite underwhelming since his return with Renault so I doubt he will win another GP. It is difficult to say how good he really is because Alonso is a bit of an unknown quantity (he could be at a similar level to Schumacher in 2010, but Ocon is not as good as Rosberg). I hope he wins again, and I do think he'll get a few more podiums, but I think he is most likely to remain a one-hit wonder. Having said that, he has been given a multi-year contract extension with Alpine, but if they become competitive enough to start regularly challenging for wins I think Ocon will probably be paid off in favour of a someone like Gasly, for example, or one of their impressive rookies, Piastri or Zhou.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4065965)   #433
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Having said that, he has been given a multi-year contract extension with Alpine, but if they become competitive enough to start regularly challenging for wins I think Ocon will probably be paid off in favour of a someone like Gasly, for example, or one of their impressive rookies, Piastri or Zhou.
Interesting viewpoint on that situation. I always regarded Alpine's long contract with Ocon as wanting him to blend solidly into the team and be "their man" in the hotseat. Kind of a grooming process. But who knows. It'll be interesting to monitor. I suppose it really depends what Ocon can do on the back of this success. If he keeps his foot in the top 8 on a regular basis from now on, I think he'll be moving in the right direction.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4065966)   #434
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I always felt Ocon could be a winner in the right car. Wouldn't say Alpine is a car that could win purely on merit, but hey he did all that was required to win, so fair play. Even if he never wins again, at least he had his day in the sun.

It's funny, we've waited ages for a French winner since Panis in 96, then Gasly wins last year and now Ocon has won too
Old 9 Aug 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4065972)   #435
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm hoping to see Norris featured in this thread in the not too distant future.....
Old 9 Aug 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4065973)   #436
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm hoping to see Norris featured in this thread in the not too distant future.....
And hopefully off the list again shortly after...
Old 9 Aug 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4065974)   #437
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Given the straight-line speed of the McLaren this season, I wonder if Norris might be able to challenge for the win in Spa or Monza. I think he'd need a bit of luck to actually win one, but a podium on merit seems like a very reasonable possibility. If not, I would be shocked if he doesn't win a race in 2022.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4065978)   #438
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And hopefully off the list again shortly after...
Yes indeed
Old 9 Aug 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4065979)   #439
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aren't we all?
Old 9 Aug 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4065985)   #440
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I'm hoping Carlos Sainz can join the list soon.
I think he deserves one, too...
Old 9 Aug 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4065986)   #441
S griffin
Veteran

The way Ferrari are getting more competitive there’s every chance Sainz could become a winner before too long
Old 9 Aug 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4066011)   #442
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm hoping Carlos Sainz can join the list soon.
I think he deserves one, too...
Yes, I wouldn't begrudge him that at all, especially as he has shown he is very close to the highly rated 'It is I.......'
Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4073348)   #443
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
In the knowledge that email notifications will probably be sent out - we now have two names on another 1-hit wonders list:

Max Verstappen,
Valtteri Bottas.

Will the name be three long, or down to one at the end of this season?
Old 12 Sep 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4073404)   #444
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In the knowledge that email notifications will probably be sent out - we now have two names on another 1-hit wonders list:

Max Verstappen,
Valtteri Bottas.

Will the name be three long, or down to one at the end of this season?

Color me confused.

Richard
Old 12 Sep 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4073418)   #445
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Drivers who have led a championship against Hamilton, but haven't actually won the championship?
Old 12 Sep 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4073420)   #446
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The 2021 Cypto.com F1 Sprint Series
Old 12 Sep 2021, 22:03 (Ref:4073482)   #447
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The 2021 Cypto.com F1 Sprint Series
Not quite a GP (which is this thread)? Do we want to mix sprint qualifying winners with GP winners?

Richard
Old 7 Oct 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4077341)   #448
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I meant to post this prior to Sochi, which would have been appropriate, but who do we think will be next on this list? I was going to propose Norris, and that would seem to be very appropriate. Of course, there are plenty of talented drivers scrambling around, but in terms of opportunities, Norris is up there around the top.

You have to throw in George Russell's name, as he will inevitably win races, unless Mercedes manage to astonishingly produce a lemon for 2022. Then, Carlos Sainz would seem to be the next candidate, but Ferrari blow hot and cold. At least he's putting himself in the mix with some big results on days where the regular frontunners are in the boonies.

After that, you're definitely into a debate about driver abilities and which teams could come up with a good car. Tsunoda - I don't see it. Stroll - a good peddler - might get the opportunity. Guanyu Zhou or even Albon might be next up, but again - what are their cars going to be doing?
Old 7 Oct 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4077350)   #449
S griffin
Veteran

Russell or Sainz are the ones I think most likely, although Norris is getting closer too
Old 7 Oct 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4077374)   #450
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Russell or Sainz are the ones I think most likely, although Norris is getting closer too
I see Norris well before Russell and Sainz. Car is good, he is clearly very fast and was only robbed of that maiden win by a misjudgement that cost him (and his team) severely.