Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Feb 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2121657)   #51
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as he's been working at CC he's been renamed here for an excellent manager; now.... ?
Old 6 Feb 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2122147)   #52
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a chat with theracegypsy, we determined that perhaps Cotman can teach the IRL how marshal communications can increase the safety level of their races.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2122580)   #53
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Cotman I was a fan of. A shame he had to leave but then jump ship. But its up to him what he does, though his comments about CC and the future in the IRL do seem to be a bit lets stick my fingers up at the previous camp.. Seems he didn't leave good terms with the amigos in CC.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 17:08 (Ref:2122584)   #54
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't looked, but I suppose he made the F list at F-Troop.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2122625)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Cotman defection feels to me more of a symbolic thing rather than any actual material significance. He is hardly the miracle man. I am not sure what he brings to the Indycar Series table.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2122645)   #56
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The Cotman defection feels to me more of a symbolic thing rather than any actual material significance. He is hardly the miracle man. I am not sure what he brings to the Indycar Series table.
I agree. I can't see that he is bringing much, certainly not changing the face of the sport. I do think the reason why its being made a meal of is because he's from CC, ditched it, gone to IRL. It was all over indycar.com, it's more symbolic more than anything imo.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2122656)   #57
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He left Andretti Green Racing in the IRL to go to CC.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2122697)   #58
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was just elected to the FIA board of something or other, might have an implication on international races
Old 6 Feb 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2122700)   #59
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was just elected to the FIA board of something or other, might have an implication on international races
Old 6 Feb 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2122730)   #60
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
He left Andretti Green Racing in the IRL to go to CC.
Yes. But he didn't go on and on in a small way about how this are now that its the series to be in and how he is going to help take it forward with his dreams when he left AGR and went to CC? Also I don't remember CC making a big story out of this on the official site of the series. Which is what has happened now. What I am saying and saying again is that I doubt its all about Cotman coming here to help, but more of an image than anything else as he left CC and now with IRL and we saw all his comments and views.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2122776)   #61
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People in the racing business change jobs often, just because racing is a fast paced business. He took what he thought was a good opportunity, so all the best to him.
Old 7 Feb 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2122924)   #62
indycool
Veteran

luke, this is what they had to say when they hired Cotman........by David Phillips on the CC website.......

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=8687