Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jun 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4058398)   #26
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post
I thought the same about shedden. No doubt he’ll get away with it….
Who turned turkington around?
Looked like it may have been Osborne.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4058414)   #27
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sam Osborne is penalised with a 6.2 second penalty for race 1. https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...am-Osborne.pdf

Gordon Shedden gets a formal reprimand but no points penalty for race 1. https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...on-Shedden.pdf

Last edited by mark_l; 27 Jun 2021 at 13:12.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4058416)   #28
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Gordon Shedden gets a formal reprimand but no points penalty for race 1. https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...on-Shedden.pdf
Is that it? Two cars blatantly punted out of the way? I remember now why I never liked Shedden from before.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4058419)   #29
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that opens the floodgates for push to pass next couple of races then…
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4058425)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, Flash just seemed to push both Tingram and Moffat out of the way. But which incident is the reprimand for? Ridiculous punishment though, others have got more for less

Shame Rowbo fluffed that start, but at least he had a good recovery. Good win for Oliphant, especially considering his team mates both had a bad race. And good to see Moffat up there

And what about Harry King in the Porsches? His racecraft seemed to have deserted him, first for that move on Cammish, then driving into another car that had passed him at Druids.

Anyway BTCC R2 coming up
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4058429)   #31
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think demolition Derby would be more suitable for Shedden.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4058430)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Shedden is an absolute menace. He has always been a bit tap happy but he’s had about 4 incidents so far in 2 races.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4058432)   #33
Evantra
Veteran

England
Ha.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4058434)   #34
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't miss Shedden at all.... pretty shameful for a multiple champion and one of the winningest driver of all times to be such a dirty racer.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the way Addison&Harvey talk about the contacts between drivers? I don't think they've ever said that someone was clearly too aggressive/wrong/made a stupid mistake. It's just talking that there was a bit contact even if we can see brainless moves... that's not the greatest way to comment the races.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4058435)   #35
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I didn't miss Shedden at all.... pretty shameful for a multiple champion and one of the winningest driver of all times to be such a dirty racer.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the way Addison&Harvey talk about the contacts between drivers? I don't think they've ever said that someone was clearly too aggressive/wrong/made a stupid mistake. It's just talking that there was a bit contact even if we can see brainless moves... that's not the greatest way to comment the races.
Circuit commentators are not supposed to imply action should be taken against a driver.

2021 Bluebook
"G - 14. The commentator is not regarded as an Official of the
meeting but must nevertheless ensure that any comment made
should not imply that a regulation has been broken, or that
action should be taken against a Competitor or Official. Official
statements must only be issued under the authority of the
Clerk of the Course. "

I don't know if this applies to Championship TV commentators.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4058442)   #36
mark_l
Veteran

England
Be interested to see how Ian Watson sorts out the Ingram nudge to pass, as Sutton has also got past Oliphant.

A time penalty to Ingram won't give the win back to Oliphant, who I'm sure would of won if Ingram hadn't of nudged him allowing Sutton to get the run.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4058444)   #37
Evantra
Veteran

England
Yes Ingram!! Perhaps that move was a little dodgy, but if Shedden didn't get penalised...
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4058445)   #38
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton won the race as pretty sure Tingram will be given penalty to put him back in 3rd
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4058446)   #39
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Circuit commentators are not supposed to imply action should be taken against a driver.

2021 Bluebook
"G - 14. The commentator is not regarded as an Official of the
meeting but must nevertheless ensure that any comment made
should not imply that a regulation has been broken, or that
action should be taken against a Competitor or Official. Official
statements must only be issued under the authority of the
Clerk of the Course. "

I don't know if this applies to Championship TV commentators.
Not saying about implying actions, just don't like their too smooth way of commenting. Maybe they just can't do it other way round but for instance I like how Skaife and Crompton are critical of some actions on track in Supercars sometimes.

What a finish! Ingram's move was not the cleanest but I wouldn't like to see the order being changed - it's never good when it happens.
Feel very sorry for Hill...

Interesting, Tingram seems very confident he's going to keep the win.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4058448)   #40
mark_l
Veteran

England
Who tapped Edwards in to the spin?
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4058449)   #41
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Who tapped Edwards in to the spin?
Wasn't it Osborne?
Old 27 Jun 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4058456)   #42
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Be interested to see how Ian Watson sorts out the Ingram nudge to pass, as Sutton has also got past Oliphant.

A time penalty to Ingram won't give the win back to Oliphant, who I'm sure would of won if Ingram hadn't of nudged him allowing Sutton to get the run.

The way that I saw that incident was that Ingram was up the inside of Oliphant, and it appeared that Oliphant attempted to close the door whilst Ingram was already by his side.

Let's see what those in charge have to say.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4058463)   #43
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Final race looks like it might be wet.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4058469)   #44
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Proper rain on the way looking at the radar.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4058472)   #45
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Proper rain on the way looking at the radar.
Will it arrive in time for race 3?
Old 27 Jun 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4058479)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That Tingram tap looked 50/50. He was far enough alongside Oliphant, then it looked like he tried to back out of it when Oliphant turned in. So right decision not to do anything

Shame what happened to Hill, big points lost. Colin needs to get something out of this final race. Flash yet again in the wars, first incident was a racing incident, but second one he just seemed to squeeze Jelley onto the grass

Oliphant had really done well up to the last lap. Got a big lead at the start, then didn’t panic when he lost the advantage thanks to the SC. And with full ballast too
Old 27 Jun 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4058483)   #47
mark_l
Veteran

England
Jack Butel penalised 8.3 seconds for race 2 https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...Jack-Butel.pdf
Old 27 Jun 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4058485)   #48
mark_l
Veteran

England
Enjoy Race 3 as it's the last one till August!
Old 27 Jun 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4058487)   #49
Matt K
Veteran

Surprisingly boring race but great to see Goff and Moffat on the podium.
I'm astonished how Chilton fares in comparison to Morgan. Chilton simply doesn't exist this year, I wonder what 's going on there.
Also, strange to see Turkington being absolutely nowhere this weekend.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4058490)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i enjoyed those 3 races, still hoping that i will be able to see some BTCC racing in person later this year