Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Aug 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4070035)   #26
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just the three layouts to consider?
Ha ha Thruxton then - or Santa Pod
Old 23 Aug 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4070039)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Ha ha Thruxton then
Such a good layout, they're back again this weekend
Old 23 Aug 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4070042)   #28
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'd personally love to see Oulton Park Fosters used, purely for a change.
It produced such dull races last time it was used though.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4070045)   #29
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/aston-martin-use-silverstone%E2%80%99s-stowe-circuit-high-speed-testing
21 June 2018
Old 23 Aug 2021, 21:02 (Ref:4070046)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
21 June 2018
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/drive/formula-single-seater-experience

23 Aug 2021
Old 24 Aug 2021, 04:05 (Ref:4070076)   #31
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
It's Silverstone that keeps turning down the 2nd round there from what I've read elsewhere.
TBH they dont seen to want much anymore. WEC/ELMS gone, GT Open gone, GTWC gone
Old 24 Aug 2021, 12:22 (Ref:4070119)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
TBH they dont seen to want much anymore. WEC/ELMS gone, GT Open gone, GTWC gone
I read somewhere about the WEC no longer racing there that someone linked to WEC commented Silverstone was the most expensive of all the circuits they go to, excepting Le Mans. I have nothing to back that up though, so take it with a pinch of salt!

It's definitely not as simple as "not wanting to".
Old 24 Aug 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4070120)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It produced such dull races last time it was used though.
When was the last time it was used?
Old 24 Aug 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4070138)   #34
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2015 If remember

avery shitty race , just procession with no passings
Old 24 Aug 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4070166)   #35
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
2015 If remember

avery shitty race , just procession with no passings
You're thinking of the full circuit used in 2014. Fosters is the short one.
Old 24 Aug 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4070171)   #36
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I read somewhere about the WEC no longer racing there that someone linked to WEC commented Silverstone was the most expensive of all the circuits they go to, excepting Le Mans. I have nothing to back that up though, so take it with a pinch of salt!

It's definitely not as simple as "not wanting to".
You'll find that lots of international championships where the majority of teams are based in the EU will stop racing in the UK. It's suddenly become far too expensive for them to travel here.
Old 24 Aug 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4070182)   #37
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The UK was already more hassle for most European series than other countries. Now it's absolutely not worth it. I wouldn't expect to see many medium level foreign/international series in the future. Of course for the likes of F1/Moto GP it's not really an issue. But even something like the WRC will be affected.
Old 24 Aug 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4070184)   #38
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Does the Stowe circuit still exist? I thought it had been converted to the rallycross track, or was that just temporary.
I don't think the Stowe circuit is used for racing any more, but it was certainly in use a couple of weekends ago for the driving experience days when I was there for the GT Cup on the Grand Prix circuit.

Although the thought of the BTCC on the rallycross circuit...
Old 24 Aug 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4070190)   #39
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have another round at knockhill but use the anti-clockwise layout, 28 touring cars or minis into the hairpin at the start, what could go wrong, be like la source at spa

forgot chairman gow drove the track, didnt like it so wont happen
Old 24 Aug 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4070203)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If only Mondello or Pembrey were up to scratch
Old 24 Aug 2021, 21:55 (Ref:4070235)   #41
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If only Mondello or Pembrey were up to scratch
Exactly! Or both actually.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 07:21 (Ref:4070264)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
1999 I think.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4070265)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
If only there was a way to avoid racing on the same circuit twice - then everyone would be happy?

Maybe drop to a 9 round championship to avoid the problem?
Old 25 Aug 2021, 08:05 (Ref:4070267)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
1999 I think.
To be honest it was a pretty rubbish race then too. I was sat at Knickerbrook and we had about 4-5 cars wiped out at the first corner. It was one of the few races where the order never really changed.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4070275)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That meeting in 99 was quite a tough weekend. First there was Spence's crash in qualifying when he went through the debris fencing and then Neil Shannon's fatal crash in the FFord race
Old 25 Aug 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4070292)   #46
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Given the form that he has been on recently, and the fact that Thruxton is traditionally a good circuit for Honda Civics, I think Senna Proctor could take pole and the first race on Sunday, although he will be pushed hard by teammate Cook and the Dynamics Hondas. I think race two will then go to Shedden or Rowbottom, although Ingram and Sutton could both be a serious threat given their pace in May. I would love for Jason Plato to take race three and think he will be up there, but that race will most likely go to Sutton or Ingram. Meanwhile, I think Jack Goff could take three good points finishes, and Smiley too, but I think all the BMWs could struggle.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4070296)   #47
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If only there was a way to avoid racing on the same circuit twice - then everyone would be happy?

Maybe drop to a 9 round championship to avoid the problem?
I think everyone would choose a repeated track in the calendar over fewer rounds. 10 rounds is fine although I wouldn't mind 12 rounds with two races instead of three - making the second of them a bit longer than the first one. But it's out of question maybe one day when I'll replace Lord Gow at the helm, I'll try to introduce it
Old 25 Aug 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4070298)   #48
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
That meeting in 99 was quite a tough weekend. First there was Spence's crash in qualifying when he went through the debris fencing and then Neil Shannon's fatal crash in the FFord race
Yea it was a bad weekend. I still remember when TOCA radio announced Neil had passed away. When we saw the crash we knew it didn't look good.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4070301)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I think everyone would choose a repeated track in the calendar over fewer rounds. 10 rounds is fine although I wouldn't mind 12 rounds with two races instead of three - making the second of them a bit longer than the first one. But it's out of question maybe one day when I'll replace Lord Gow at the helm, I'll try to introduce it

I think the opposite. I think more would accept 2 or 3 repeat tracks if there are more rounds
Old 25 Aug 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4070346)   #50
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
I think the opposite. I think more would accept 2 or 3 repeat tracks if there are more rounds
This is exactly what I said