Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 6 Jun 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1628301)   #76
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in Bolton st at the same time doing the infamous "D44" Transport Engineering/Motor Industry Management course!!!
PM me your e-mail address and I'll arrange a few videos for you.

Slightly closer to the thread topic..............There was a beautiful yellow Davrian Imp out at a sprint in Carlow yesterday. Guy called Cullen owns it, bought it in the North of England, it had been laid up for years, and he totally restored it.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1628436)   #77
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will PM you my mail address now... was this the Davrian Imp ?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82996
Old 6 Jun 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1628506)   #78
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Same one, it's immaculate. I was talking to the guy who owns it and he said he was just running it in and giving it a shakedown.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1628566)   #79
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so guys where is the foto and car history info on this sprint davrian imp or is it privellaged info for the men of Ireland!!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1628569)   #80
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
I took a pic of it yesterday at the sprint, not sure how to post it here....or I can e-mail it to you. As for the history, check the link referred to by Davyboy above, that seems to be all we have at the moment.
Actually, there was a Rawlson Imp on Ebay a couple of months ago but it had no engine/box and looked in need of a bare chassis restoration. I doubt this id the same car?? Unless it was restored by the bionic man!!!!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1629253)   #81
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Has anyone seen this on Ebay?? Its seems to be a spaceframe Stiletto breaking for spares:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Race-Hillclimb...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:16 (Ref:1629271)   #82
driftwood
Veteran

2 different cars with the same body parts
1 is a steel shell special saloon with rawlson panels
the other is unfinished (by the looks of it) space frame with the rawlson panels to go onto it probably using all the steel shell parts he can on the tube frame
personally he is better off rebuilding steel shell car and binning the tube frame concept as the cost of doing the car will outweigh the benefits
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1629277)   #83
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Anyone know what a Spaceframe Imp is worth these days?
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1629283)   #84
driftwood
Veteran

all depends on the car but technically a maguire is the car to have
what engine gbox etc
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1629294)   #85
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
Anyone know what a Spaceframe Imp is worth these days?
Leo, don't even think about it !!!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1629299)   #86
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Always liked them but I'd be half afraid of the trouble they seem to give. And I suppose they aren't getting any younger (like myself!) There aren't many in Ireland but I haven't seem many advertised in the Uk either. I seem to remember a 'bike engined Imp in Autosport a couple of years ago for £5,500...............
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1629309)   #87
driftwood
Veteran

its normal for the heart to pound over a car like this but when the wallet is involve then the time in rebuilding the car u have to question is it worth it!!
there is no obvious series to run the cars in and sprints/hillclimbs seems the only logical place to run them
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1629333)   #88
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
col rooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is pictures of the cullen imp on the imp club site go to www.the imp club .co.uk and there on the home page .As for how much a good imp is worth how long is a bit of string and when you get an imp engine right they are trouble free a lot depends on who is building it and the main problem with imp engine is that it sits at 45 degrees so you suffer from oil surge but i have dry sumped mine and its the way to go

col
Old 7 Jun 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1629334)   #89
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
col rooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry proper link www.theimpclub.co.uk
Old 7 Jun 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1629354)   #90
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Great site, few pics of you on it too Col! That car of yours brings back memories!!
I have a feeling that Maurice Cullen's Imp is the one that was on Ebay. If it is, he deserves a huge pat on the back, it was as rough as a badgers.........
It's absolutely immaculate now.You heard the Bro was the quickest Uno at the same sprint? Pics should posted of all the cars (Imp and Uno included) on www.conconnolly.com in the next few days.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1631623)   #91
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More irish hijacking

Hi all, new here.Just in case anyone is interested, the afformentioned George Frayne Fiat 128 became an even wilder Ritmo, went oval racing in Tipperary, moved to a shed and rotted its way to a scrappers a couple of years ago, along with some very hard to get parts. Also in Retro Cars this month there is an ex Wendy Wools Skoda that was based on a Chevron B8. Sacrilage we'd say now!!
Oh and Davyboy, I remember spending hours drinking coffee in your gaf deciding that the midget was a good buy, then we'd go and see if my 128 3p would really rev to 9grand!! Ah the good old days. Remember me? Nice to know your still out there.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1632172)   #92
davyboy
Veteran

Old 12 Jun 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1632174)   #93
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podd37
Hi all, new here.Just in case anyone is interested, the afformentioned George Frayne Fiat 128 became an even wilder Ritmo, went oval racing in Tipperary, moved to a shed and rotted its way to a scrappers a couple of years ago, along with some very hard to get parts. Also in Retro Cars this month there is an ex Wendy Wools Skoda that was based on a Chevron B8. Sacrilage we'd say now!!
Oh and Davyboy, I remember spending hours drinking coffee in your gaf deciding that the midget was a good buy, then we'd go and see if my 128 3p would really rev to 9grand!! Ah the good old days. Remember me? Nice to know your still out there.
Wow Pauly... I'm shocked, how's things mate ! It's gotta be 16 years or so... I'll send you a PM right now !
Old 14 Jun 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1634091)   #94
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Awwww.................They'll be renaming the site friendsreunited.com soon!

Interesting about the Frayne Ritmo, I remember that car causing a huge stir when it arrived at Mondello all those years ago, standing monster money at the time!! Pity it never really went well.
Just got a racing Ritmo into stock myself, might throw it onto Ebay for the laugh!!
In fact thats 3 racing cars away in the last couple of weeks, plenty of room for a spaceframe Imp in the lock up now!!!
Mind you, I haven't collected my new 147 yet...............
Some day I'll get sense, not yet though