Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Jan 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3019177)   #201
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I keep reading these are Generation 3, what were 1 and 2?
There was a major bodywork revision allowed and the introduction of the Lola, Dallara, and Coyote in 2008.

Edit: The first generation would be the one before that.

Last edited by Danske; 30 Jan 2012 at 23:37.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 01:43 (Ref:3019219)   #202
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could someone explain me why sometimes in speed TV hud there was written Corvette DP dallara for the #10 suntrust car and Corvette DP coyote for the #90 spirit of daytona car ?

is the same corvette DP project but built by different chassis manufacters?

EDIT: i've read one of first posts of this topic and i've found out that the "corvette DP" is just a bodywork that corvette gives to team that use chevrolet engines, infact there are corvette bodyworked riley, dallara and coyote.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 01:44 (Ref:3019220)   #203
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
and of course, Rooftop Ray!
x2

That guy deserves some credit for volunteering to run the camera all night and into the morning. He had the best seat (or stand) in the house; great view from a different perspective that I did not expect to have.

To Ray
Old 31 Jan 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3019222)   #204
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The "Corvette DP" is just bodywork; it fits all the different chassis used in the series. Any team running a Chevy engine can use "Corvette" bodywork.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3019558)   #205
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some post-race comments from McNish... made me smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PinV...1&feature=plcp
Old 31 Jan 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3019628)   #206
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only just finished watching. I'd recorded all the coverage and watched it through the week.

An enjoyable race, great to see so few yellows. Got to see the racing pan out and it was still close.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3019629)   #207
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Some post-race comments from McNish... made me smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PinV...1&feature=plcp
Sounds like he really wants that watch now
Old 31 Jan 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3019630)   #208
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Sounds like he really wants that watch now
He wants something he can show Tom and say: "yeah, you got 8 Le Mans victories, but do you have a watch like this?"
Old 1 Feb 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3019709)   #209
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tom needs to show up and win one instantly if he wants to stick it to Allan!

This was a great edition of the Rolex. Thanks to RLM and Ray for the nighttime coverage, even though I didn't last an hour of it before sleep overtook me.

I wish that there had been a true fight to the flag, but this was a tight 24 where as minor a stumble as damaging a rear clip was unrecoverable. I was in the anyone but 01 legion, but irrespective of that the 60/8 duel was one for the ages and I wish it had gone to the wire. Starworks were visibly fighting the handling after noon though, so one had to be content with entertainment via McNish at that stage. Kudos to all, a crown well fought, and a feel-good race no matter whether 8 or 60 won. Mike Shank has been a fave since Justin, AJ and Oz had the blue/black 6 and orange/black 60 flying on the banking years ago!
Old 1 Feb 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3019737)   #210
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
The Audi R8 teams look to have a lot of work to do.
Apparently the clutch issues were related to the absence of traction control. The R8 LMS has raced for many years with a stock clutch, but always with traction control and ABS.