Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Jun 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3100165)   #26
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
They give the 458 a restrictor break , when the only issue with it in the ALMS is the driver line ups !!!

Whens April the 1st coming around ffs ............
I agree that the main thing stopping ESM from succeeding is the team itself, but 458 was the only GTE car left without any BoP breaks... don't like it but it was inevitable to happen I guess.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the Evora is still the slowest GT car on pace! Actually, I hope it is... bigger restrictor probably won't help with already fragile engine either. Just like with all of their other motorsport programs, they've decided not to bother with development for their horribly inferior product, but instead lobby for outside help. The only saving grace in my book is that it's at least more than a simple re-badging exercise

Last edited by Deleted; 30 Jun 2012 at 11:43.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3100192)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
who doesn't like watching tube frame fiberglass tercels racing around!

Or SCCA Pro IT Trucks.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3100228)   #28
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
i actually love GTL, i think it's great
Old 30 Jun 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3100237)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
i actually love GTL, i think it's great

Quite honestly, I'd watch anything run around LR and my home track, too, especially if they have fenders.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3100238)   #30
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Quite honestly, I'd watch anything run around LR and my home track, too, especially if they have fenders.
as i was telling my friend, make it an SCCA National for triple points in GTL and GT3 on the ALMS weekend.

You'd have so many cars show up you wouldn't know what to do with them.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3100677)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Why would you hope to see any team/car fail? That's too bad. I'd rather them be reliable so Lotus can get some satisfaction out of it. Perhaps sway their decision to actually develop the car more if it shows it can be done.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3100700)   #32
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Why would you hope to see any team/car fail? That's too bad. I'd rather them be reliable so Lotus can get some satisfaction out of it. Perhaps sway their decision to actually develop the car more if it shows it can be done.
Are you saying that you've never wished misfortunes for any driver/car/team?

Anyway, assuming that they do start to get results they've been hoping for (which still isn't very likely I might add), why would Lotus sta... I mean continue the development of Evora it they can just see how building a dog of a car and then sitting back & doing nothing can actually bring up some good results?

Outside GT3 circles I've never seen car to lose that much weight and restrictors in a timeframe of just three races! They haven't pulled that many laps on track either, Long Beach practice/quali were rain shortened and the race went kaboom rather quickly, Laguna was even worse...

Last edited by Deleted; 1 Jul 2012 at 23:29.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3100717)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Chiana ..... off topic question . Who is that stunning woman in your avatar ?

She is gorgeous !!!
Old 2 Jul 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3100718)   #34
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hey Chiana ..... off topic question . Who is that stunning woman in your avatar ?

She is gorgeous !!!
Well she is... Chiana From excellent sci-fi TV show Farscape, played by lovely Gigi Edgley!
Old 2 Jul 2012, 07:10 (Ref:3100756)   #35
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I agree that the main thing stopping ESM from succeeding is the team itself, but 458 was the only GTE car left without any BoP breaks... don't like it but it was inevitable to happen I guess.
I know compared to the Corvette and BMW, and now Porsche it doesn't have a lot, but last year it had an entire year of being wider than the permitted regulation maximum.

Corvette and Porsche now have that change too. Just because it ain't horsepower, don't be under any illusions any race engineer would kill for any reduction in load transfer it equals grip.

Ben
Old 2 Jul 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3100770)   #36
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
I know compared to the Corvette and BMW, and now Porsche it doesn't have a lot, but last year it had an entire year of being wider than the permitted regulation maximum.

Corvette and Porsche now have that change too. Just because it ain't horsepower, don't be under any illusions any race engineer would kill for any reduction in load transfer it equals grip.

Ben
That is quite true but we are talking about 2012 here, not the past
Old 2 Jul 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3100774)   #37
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Well she is... Chiana From excellent sci-fi TV show Farscape, played by lovely Gigi Edgley!
Chiana: You can't tell when I'm lying.
Sikozu: Yes we can. We all can.
Chiana: How?
Sikozu: You open your mouth and words come out of it.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3100775)   #38
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:

Ben
Evan as wider, it was still the least BoP-ed and waiverd car on the field by far, expecialy compared to 'veetes and BMWss
Old 2 Jul 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3100854)   #39
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Are you saying that you've never wished misfortunes for any driver/car/team?
Cough...Level Five...Cough
Old 2 Jul 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3100878)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Cough...Level Five...Cough
Ahem ..... Risi ..... Ahem !!!
Old 2 Jul 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3100943)   #41
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The #17 Falken Tire Porsche right before the guys just loaded her up on the truck to make the 800 mile trek from Indy to Lime Rock!

Old 2 Jul 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3100969)   #42
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Evan as wider, it was still the least BoP-ed and waiverd car on the field by far, expecialy compared to 'veetes and BMWss
It's a mid-engined rear wheel driver car so that's inevitable...

BTW this is really an ESM BoP adjustment. Based on AF Corse at Sebring and Le Mans the car hardly needs it. ESM wouldn't need it either if they put JvO and Cosmo in the same car... Maybe they will now ;-)

Ben
Old 2 Jul 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3101029)   #43
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
The #17 Falken Tire Porsche right before the guys just loaded her up on the truck to make the 800 mile trek from Indy to Lime Rock!

She really is one pretty little race car. I just hope the 991/replacement RSR has as pretty a booty.

Quote:
It's a mid-engined rear wheel driver car so that's inevitable...

BTW this is really an ESM BoP adjustment. Based on AF Corse at Sebring and Le Mans the car hardly needs it. ESM wouldn't need it either if they put JvO and Cosmo in the same car... Maybe they will now ;-)

Ben
I agree with you. However, Scott Sharp would never drive with Ed Brown. As the 01 car exists it is ESM's "Pro" car and he (Scott) has a shot at winning races, which he believes he is as capable of doing as anyone else.

Chris
Old 2 Jul 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3101067)   #44
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
MM's car for this weekend.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3101069)   #45
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
She really is one pretty little race car. I just hope the 991/replacement RSR has as pretty a booty.

I agree with you. However, Scott Sharp would never drive with Ed Brown. As the 01 car exists it is ESM's "Pro" car and he (Scott) has a shot at winning races, which he believes he is as capable of doing as anyone else.

Chris
It amaezes me how people can be so stuck up, and stuborn, I mean he is racing Patrick Long, and Jorg bergmaiseter, and he is slower then JvO(who while a very fast driver is slower then the both of them)...How does he feel he has any shot at winning anything...
Old 2 Jul 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3101075)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

There are many elements of Seth Neiman in mr Sharp... but at least Seth sees himself as more of a gentleman driver and (finally) understands how the game is played, even placing the #79 car for GTE-AM in Le Mans
Old 2 Jul 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3101081)   #47
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everytime I hear Scott Sharp's name I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIhuFcUUmvk
Old 2 Jul 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3101083)   #48
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
dp
Old 2 Jul 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3101108)   #49
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Everytime I hear Scott Sharp's name I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIhuFcUUmvk
cheap...
Old 2 Jul 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3101115)   #50
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
cheap...
Fact: It was his most memorable moment throught his career, just like so far JR Hildebrand's is an even worse moment, and Jarrett Boon's is wrecking the GT leaders at Lime Rock.