Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Jan 2016, 13:01 (Ref:3607096)   #26
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I wouldn't have thought so - usually you can get anywhere except the outer paddock. Up by the Kentagon the stage goes onto/off the circuit through the access gate and then down into the outer paddock so there's no pedestrian access that way (although there might be a manned crossing point that can be used between stages?). Walking the other way around the circuit you can get up to Druids (and the inside of Druids has been open in the past), South Bank and the spectator area at Paddock is open as well as some viewing on the 'rally school' section.
The last time I went to the Brands Hatch rally (which I think was 2012!) there was no crossing point by the Kentagon and you couldn't get further than South Bank. Looking at where some of the stages finish, I did wonder what the situation was with access to South Bank.

The grandstands on the main straight did provide a good view for spectating, but were a bit distant for photos, so I thought I'd ask as things may have changed since the last time I was there!
Old 22 Jan 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3607107)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be sure if you are going to get advance tickets, its a bit pricy at 16 quid on the day without.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3607114)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The last time I went to the Brands Hatch rally (which I think was 2012!) there was no crossing point by the Kentagon and you couldn't get further than South Bank. Looking at where some of the stages finish, I did wonder what the situation was with access to South Bank.

The grandstands on the main straight did provide a good view for spectating, but were a bit distant for photos, so I thought I'd ask as things may have changed since the last time I was there!
Ah ok - I'm only going on what I see as we go around the stages! I know there were people at the inside of Druids as I gave my son a wave as we went around I think access might have been different when the stages ran up past Hailwoods but the stage finishes this time are all on the circuit or rally stage so I can't see there being an issue with south bank.

I'm sure someone in the know (Suze) will be able to confirm though.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3607120)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone know a long range weather outlook? I am supposed to be meting some guys down there from Yorkshire and they would appreciate one!
Old 22 Jan 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3607195)   #30
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Suze is supposed to be competing and not involved in the event....

But....reality is....!

I don't know the spectator access area at the moment I'm afraid as I've not seen the maps that Brands Hatch normally produce and I can't see it on their website. I've asked the question of the organising team and I'll reply when I hear.

thunder - re a long range forecast - I just google if I want one for a holiday etc, and use whatever result comes up! Not got a particular website I use.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3607704)   #31
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Viewing will be normal Brands areas (with the exception of where the stage route crosses, for example the outside of Paddock) and a restricted area in the rally school area.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 22:10 (Ref:3607741)   #32
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info Suze. Sounds promising. Will just have to wait and see how close we can get to it on the day. Hopefully paddock bend grandstand will be open and we'll be able to cross the stage to access druids area between stages...
Old 24 Jan 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3607743)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Thanks for the info Suze. Sounds promising. Will just have to wait and see how close we can get to it on the day. Hopefully paddock bend grandstand will be open and we'll be able to cross the stage to access druids area between stages...
You could always walk around the other way - so get to Druids from the GP loop side by crossing the bridge. It's a longer walk but the stages use Clearways and Surtees so you won't miss out on too much action.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3607748)   #34
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Very true. Could do with the exercise after Christmas too!
Old 25 Jan 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3607822)   #35
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Viewing will be normal Brands areas (with the exception of where the stage route crosses, for example the outside of Paddock) and a restricted area in the rally school area.
That's great, thanks for the clarification Suze!
Old 25 Jan 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3607835)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Be aware guys that if you are booking online they are ramming a 2 quid booking fee down your faces so you are saving the grand total of 2 whole pounds. typical Palmer
Old 26 Jan 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3608235)   #37
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Be aware guys that if you are booking online they are ramming a 2 quid booking fee down your faces so you are saving the grand total of 2 whole pounds. typical Palmer
In which case I'm glad I got my season ticket early!
Old 27 Jan 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3608490)   #38
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
There's a map of the available spectator areas now:

http://www.msv.com/media/4533786/win...iewing_map.pdf
Old 27 Jan 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3608504)   #39
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
That's pretty encouraging. Thanks Bert. Hopefully paddock hill grandstand will be open but it looks doubtful from that. Great news that the rally area has some limited viewing area. And that there will be a crossing point for the lazy...
Old 27 Jan 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3608508)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Forgive the question on this event (ive never been before).

Does this event have any jumps or water splashes etc? I am thinking of coming and bringing my camera and would like to get some pics. Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Ben.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3608538)   #41
Suze
Veteran

England
The Paddock Hill Grandstand won't be open for the event.

Stage diagrams are at http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/sites...ams_v1_msa.pdf

Between junctions 3 and 4 (at the gate) there's a bit of a jump, the closest access is the bank at Paddock but I can't recall what the fence etc is like there.

Otherwise the rally school stage is normally slippery as another option.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3608547)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the reply. Is there any spectating in the wooded section behind the paddock?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3608567)   #43
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
There looks to be some limited area on that map for the rally stage but doesn't look like the whole woods is open for viewing
Old 28 Jan 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3608642)   #44
Suze
Veteran

England
Sorry Sodemo, I'm not clear which wooded but you're referring to or which bit of the stage you're wanting to see. As Hickey says there is a limited section of the "normal" Brands Hatch rally school open for viewing.
Old 28 Jan 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3608810)   #45
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Thanks for the reply. Is there any spectating in the wooded section behind the paddock?
I assume you're referring to the rally school section at the back of the paddock/Hailwoods, in which case yes there is a limited amount of viewing but it can become a bit of a scrum judging by previous events To be perfectly honest there's good viewing all round and both of the grandstands are worth a visit.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3609232)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Are there pre set times for the pedestrian crossing point at the top of Paddock Hill?
Old 30 Jan 2016, 12:43 (Ref:3609235)   #47
Suze
Veteran

England
No, there aren't as the timetable is only provisional and it will depend on stage running times.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 08:10 (Ref:3609848)   #48
Suze
Veteran

England
Live results at:

http://www.vola-racing.com/rallypro/nicholls/
Old 31 Jan 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3610173)   #49
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Yep, still orange We're seeded 37th - hope we can make progress from there but it's a very strong entry (certainly the strongest for this event so far). We've not competed since March last year (when we damaged the engine) so we'll be rusty to start with (getting my excuses in early ). Really just hoping for a clean, reliable run - just had to buy new helmets/intercom/HANS so funds are tight!
So sorry to see you guys retire after a brilliant showing, overall top ten placing, stopped by for a chat after stage 6 but the timing didn't seem appropriate
Old 31 Jan 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3610211)   #50
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Was good fun today despite the weather. Good mixture of cars (and driving standards!), and some guys really putting on a show! My favourite might have been the 306 Maxi. Maxi being short for maximum attack, clearly. Had to leave early but may have been a godsend by the looks of the car park!