Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 5 Jan 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2100137)   #251
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Care to reveal your identity John ?
Ooh, another Quiz!

Is it John Morrison?
Old 5 Jan 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2100155)   #252
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, He told us years ago in a previous post.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2100196)   #253
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Ooh, another Quiz!

Is it John Morrison?
A rapid peddlar if I may say so.....
Old 5 Jan 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2100227)   #254
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
A rapid peddlar if I may say so.....
So would I
Old 5 Jan 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2100230)   #255
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're very kind guys.
We did have real fun.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2100233)   #256
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
You're very kind guys.
We did have real fun.
Out of interest are you the same John Morrison that did Super Vees in the 70's as well as Saloons in the 80's?
Old 5 Jan 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2100301)   #257
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for revealing your identity John... and I imagine you're the famous one...

http://www.brdc.co.uk/brdcarchive.cf.../member_id/147
Old 5 Jan 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2100314)   #258
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumbled!
Old 31 Jan 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2117897)   #259
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He he, and he managed to stay incognito for so long!!

Enrique Bernoldi's name cropped up on a GP.com news story yesterday. Have we covered him yet?

Perhaps another one might be Thierry Tassin. Career ruined by the huge 3000 smash at Silverstone but he had already proven his class and was a great touring car driver as well. Often wondered why Ford, BMW, Volvo or TWR didn't give him a works deal. All of those squad had Belgian drivers on their books at various times IIRC?
Old 17 Feb 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2130871)   #260
gazzalnt
Rookie

United Kingdom
leeds west yorkshire
gazzalnt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about richard dean he should have gone all the way .a true tallent
Old 17 Feb 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2130880)   #261
gazzalnt
Rookie

United Kingdom
leeds west yorkshire
gazzalnt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what bout dan wheldon mackmot?
Old 17 Feb 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2131206)   #262
sterling49
Rookie

sterling49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been reading this thread with great interest to see other folks valued opinions, here are my names that I believe could have done such great things, if only.....
Reine Wisell,John Miles,Francoise Cevert and Boley Pittard and Lorenzo Bandini, these are in no particular order, and you will see that they come from a wee while back......I saw them all race and marvelled at the skill each had behind the wheel. I would obviously agree with earlier posts that the three British drivers, Tony Brise, Tom Pryce and Roger Williamson, would all have achieved the ultimate prize, if their careers were not so tragically curtailed.
Old 8 Mar 2008, 12:19 (Ref:2146860)   #263
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Here's a handful of Brazilians who missed the boat.

Niko Palhares in particualry went horribly off the rader after winning FF1600. Instead of doing V/O Euroseries he did F3 with un fancied team and then went off to Germany I think? He should've gone a lot further.......

Eduar Merhy Neto. Had Ayrton's support IIRC. Star in Opel Lotus but after a couple of poor races in F3 he disappeared without trace. Where's he now??

Jose Cordova. Top little driver. Again things didn't work out for him.

anyone know what happened to these guys?

Jason Elliott was not Brazilian, but one of a good crop of Brits in late 80's who's talents didn't ever get maximised probably because of budgetary constraints?

Last edited by chunterer; 13 Mar 2008 at 20:32.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2147639)   #264
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry Fullerton ,Darren Gibbs. Dave Coyne.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2147657)   #265
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
chunterer have to agree with you on Niko and Cordova but Jason Elliott? Whenever I saw him he was very wild and usually crashed, not very quick either.............
Old 9 Mar 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2147723)   #266
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddockman
Terry Fullerton ,Darren Gibbs. Dave Coyne.
Terry Fullerton - Incredible driver and the adversary Senna said he most revered across his entire career. Britain's lost F1 world champion in my opinion.

Darren Gibbs - Multiple British karting champion that faded into the past.

On the subject of karting what about Micky Allen... or Mike Wilson. 6 times world karting champion, Wilson had the measure of everyone in the 1980s and surely would have done incredible things in F1 had he gotten there. Back in then I was confused as to why the 'Italian from Barnsley' never went to cars [he did a test or something in Italian F3 I think] but I read recently that he had a young family at the time and was making a reasonable salary as a works Birel and Kali driver and wasn't willing to take the risk of moving to cars.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2148098)   #267
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Terry Fullerton has been mentioned a number of times. I first heard of him when I read one of the books on Senna, can't recall which one. I would have been a little young at the time to know about him.

Can anyone give some details on him and what he's up to now? Cheers.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2148269)   #268
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was making Fullerton brand kart chassis a few years back - mate of mine has a couple FGKs, they aint bad.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2148372)   #269
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
Terry Fullerton has been mentioned a number of times. I first heard of him when I read one of the books on Senna, can't recall which one. I would have been a little young at the time to know about him.

Can anyone give some details on him and what he's up to now? Cheers.
Terry did design Fullerton karts for a while, though he's not doing that now to the best of my knowledge. I ran his karts for several years and they were fantastic. He's now running a kart team at world championship level.
There was an excellent 3 page article on Terry Fullerton in the February 2007 issue of Karting Magazine, see below. Did you know that as a junior kartist, Terry featured in a Weatabix TV commercial back in the 1960s... and that he also raced under an Irish licence at one time !

Karting Magazine issue featuring Terry Fullerton
Old 10 Mar 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2148559)   #270
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen many many talented Karting Stars over the years ranging back to Herbert/Mcnish etc but have to say the one that really stood out from anybody else I have ever seen was Darren Gibbs, truly a natural talent.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 20:35 (Ref:2151112)   #271
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Think I or someone else may have mentione him earlier but another ace karter was Danilo Rossi in late 80's. He moved to F3 and got a pole on his debut IIRC, but then drifted in and out and the last I know he did a season of Italian F3000 in late 90's?
Old 25 Sep 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2297885)   #272
jo white
Rookie

United Kingdom
oxford
jo white should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Anyone remember Andy Sim from Vauxhall Lotus? He always looked quite decent in an underfunded car. Given he was up against Hakkinen and McNish, perhaps he should have had more of a shake of things.
andy sim used to work with me at reynards , we ran the likes of frank bradley, david leslie, etc etc. when andy was 17 i taught him to drive in my venerable morris minor and he passed first time. hes now happy back in glasgow area
Old 29 Sep 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2300479)   #273
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
The Shrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought Alan Mcnish would make it in the big time in the early 90's but took his time to get into F1 and didnt stay for long.

Kelvin Burt
Mika Salo

What ever happened to Nannini ?
Old 29 Sep 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2300492)   #274
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Nannini was gravely injured in a helicopter crash that saw him lose an arm. It was reattached and he reverted to touring cars.

Glad to hear Andy Sim is doing fine.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2301068)   #275
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Nannini wasn't really truly top drawer before the accident anyway was he? Plenty of his countrymen showed better potential in late 80's and even they never made it like Modena, Pirro, Caffi, Apicella and Larini for starters.